Dr. Karen Lin, MD

Dr. Karen Lin, MD

Neurology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Karen Lin, MD is a neurology specialist in San Luis Obispo, CA and has been practicing for 30 years. She specializes in neurology and clinical neurophysiology.

Neurology Center Inc.

1304 Ella St Ste B2

San Luis Obispo, CA 93401

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Lin's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Lin's Top Procedures and Conditions

Brain Disorders

Dr. Lin treats Brain Disorders more than 97% of her peers

Dr. Lin treats this condition more than 97% of her peers

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Lin treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 96% of her peers

Dr. Lin treats this condition more than 96% of her peers

Headache

Dr. Lin treats Headache more than 95% of her peers

Dr. Lin treats this condition more than 95% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Benign Exertional Headache
  • Benign Sex Headache
  • Cervicogenic Headache
  • Chronic Headache
  • Chronic Tension-Type Headache
  • Cluster Headache
  • Cough Headache
  • Drug Rebound Headache
  • Headaches (Shunt Related)
  • Hypertension Headache

• Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Spina Bifida
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo
  • Visual Field Defects

Specializing in the field of Neurology, Dr. Lin is prepared to diagnose and treat all types of neurological disorders resulting from abnormalities in the brain, spinal cord and other nerves throughout the body. Dr. Lin is trained to perform a variety of tests and scans to arrive at the correct diagnosis, which is vital to creating an effective treatment plan.

• Neurology

Dr. Lin's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Karen Lin, MD
Professional Thorough examination
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
Dr Lin spent time getting to know my daughter, an adult with developmental disabilities. She always spends time with us at appointments. Not in a rush.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
Wait times are always a bit lengthy. That being said, the doctor spends more than enough time during my appointments with her to make up for that. She broke down my condition into parts that were easy for me to understand and treat.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
I have nerve damage from a hip replacement resulting in the partial loss of calf muscle function. After testing she would not give results saying our appointment was not for a consultation. Her assistant had to correct her procedure for doing one of the tests. She was not listening to what I was telling her. I asked her to show me on a chart what nerves she thought were being effected. She had no charts and said she didn't have time for an anatomy lesson. It goes on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
Excellent doctor and amazing medical assistant. Both are extremely helpful. The medical assistant basically runs the office (and does it very well for a young girl), office manager is not very knowledgeable or friendly, does not do much and is always pretty grouchy. Receptionists have changed a bit over the years so no input there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
I like how she explained my disease to me, completed a comprehensive exam. Gave me detailed explanation on what to expect from the medication, the upside and side effects. Listened to my concerns, spent extra time with me going over my conditions and treatment plan. I never felt she rushed through my appointment or minimized my concerns. Sometimes she runs late with her appointments, that's because she doesn't rush patients out of her office..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
Very great doctor, very intelligent and I am extremely comfortable with her. I have been her patient for about 5 years now since she moved here and she treats me for my Multiple Sclerosis. Her medical assistant Samantha is so lovely and always so helpful. Wait time can be lengthy but the quality if care is worth every minute of it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
I was comfortable with the Dr. I felt she listened. Had appt. for more test. was not notified of cancellation. Staff was very rude and after five phone calls (only ph. message ) and two days trying to get new appt. and cancelling a follow up apt with the Dr. to go over test, finally was able to speak to a person, was told they were still trying to find a time to see me, and had not gotten message to cancel appt. The Dr. needs new office staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
Dr. Lin does tend to fall behind quite a bit but the quality of the time she spends with patients is not a luxury you will find with any other provider. She actually takes time to process my chart and makes sure all of my medical history is laid out and assessed. I trust her with my body and I can tell that she will triple check (call other doctors for their opinion, call pharmaceutical reps et cetera) literally. she did all of that in one appointment. Shes booked out but well worth the wait.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
The staff is passive agreesive, as well flakey, bullying and threatening. They say one thing and change what they say. They told me I could make an appointment and then five minutes later told me I can't make an appointment. Believe me I would rather not make an appointment with them. Once I had an appointment and they told me they were going on vacation. I also told Karen, that I was doing very well with medical marijuana by not having many types of seizures anymore, she almost seemed offended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
Unprofessional, 3 hour wait times for the doctor in her office. Refuses to make a 5 min phone call to adjust medication or speak with us because she can't charge money for it. Her office receptionist is passive aggressive and rude. The visits are rushed. All in all i wouldn't recommend her to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
For a Neurology Office the staff has NO CLUE how to interact with a migrainer. Took several months to get an appointment (even on referral from another neurologist) then they miss confirm it and BLAME THE PATIENT!! When asking about what insurance they take, don't believe them. They'll say they take it then tell the patient to contact the insurance provider to verify if in network. Don't waste your time waiting to get into this office, schedule with a different provider!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?
When I told her I had AS,and even after explaining to her that it stood for Anklosyn spondalitis, she still had that deer caught in the headlights dumbstruck look in her eyes. Granted, AS is rare, but so is CRPS, RSD etc. My AS ( like 50% of all AS paitient's has neurological implications) complications she should be familiar. Seemingly incapable of thinking outside a box, it seems her education is not up to date. Probably a good Dr. If you were in a coma.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Lin, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lin?

Insurance accepted

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Lin treats patients.