Dr. Karen Leitner, MD

Dr. Karen Leitner, MD

Pediatrics  |
Dr. Karen Leitner, MD is a pediatrics doctor who practices in Newtonville, MA. She is 43 years old and has been practicing for 15 years.

62 Withington Rd

Newtonville, MA 02460

• Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Leitner

Dr. Leitner's Experience

Dr. Leitner's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatrics

• Hepatitis C Virus Screening
  • Hepatitis Screening
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Thyroid Screening

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 2002

Dr. Leitner has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Leitner does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Leitner and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Leitner's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Leitner to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Leitner's Performance
Somerville, MA |
I saw Dr Leitner at my local UC centre where she works sometimes, I can't praise her enough. She's by far one of the kindest and most considerate health providers I have met, and she really listened to me and made me feel at ease. I highly, highly recommend her!
in Framingham, ma |
I can't say enough about dr. Leitner. I have stage iv metestatic breast cancer. Dr. Leitner was with me all the way, staying in close touch with my other caregivers, even visiting me in other hospitals to make sure i was getting the right care. She is not only the best doctor ive ever had but is kind, supportive and caring. Thank you dr. Leitner, from the bottom of my heart. You are a true healer with such a big heart. I miss you and hope you will decide to come back to us.
Newton |
She started as one of the better doctors I have had. Initial appointment was great but over time, she lost interest in me and my health. I would go months without seeing her when she was away during her pregnancies (which I do not blame her for taking time off) but it's very hard to be passed around to other physicians for months on end, only to see your PCP for a few months before she was gone again. I don't blame her, (I have kids) but she seemed not into being a doctor any more.
in Somerville, MA |
Saw her for an urgent care visit. Felt very connected to her and chose her for my doctor the very next week. Have seen her several times since and am very happy with her care.
in Cambridge, MA |
Dr. L. is an excellent doctor. She has always given me great advice and support. She was very encouraging during my time of self doubt. Always took the time to listen to my concerns and we worked together to get many health issues under control. I used to feel very anxious about doctor visits but she took that anxiety away within minutes during our first appt. She quickly became someone I trust. Even referred several friends and family to her.
in Somerville MA |
My entire family saw Dr. Leitner and adore her! We found her though CHA initially looking for a pediatrician for my toddler son but she was so wonderful that my husband and I switched to her as well. After I had my second son, she became his pediatrician as well. Dr. Leitner is incredibly caring and thoughtful. She routinely followed up after the kids' sick visits and knew them well. She is a true "family doctor" - knowing each of us individually and working w us as a family. I can't say enough!
in Milford, MA |
She is the only doctor who has ever screamed at me when I came to her to tell her the truth about something I knew that I was at fault for doing. It was hard enough for me to admit the truth to her but I wished I never had because she was so judgmental and wouldn't listen to anything I said. She would shoot questions at me and then not give me time to even respond to them. Up until this point, I loved her but she left me so shaken that I now have serious anxiety about seeing my new (great) doc.
in Cambridge, MA |
Dr. Leitner is a nice person but really does not listen or care for the patient's needs. I ended up becoming very sick under her care and am now being treated for anemia and having surgery at MGH.
Have you seen Dr. Karen Leitner, MD?
Are you Dr. Leitner?