Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Karen Klugo, MD
Dr. Karen Klugo, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Cincinnati, OH. She is 44 years old. Dr. Klugo is affiliated with Trihealth Evendale Hospital and The Jewish Hospital.

5240 E Galbraith Rd Ste B

Cincinnati, OH 45236

• CareSource
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Managed Care (Non-HMO)

Learn about Dr. Klugo

Dr. Klugo's Experience

Dr. Klugo's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Age-Related Macular Degeneration

• Cataract Removal Surgery
  • Excision of Chalazion
  • Eye Surgery
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Ohio State University / College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated

Dr. Klugo has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Klugo does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Klugo and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Klugo's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Klugo to family and friends
Dr. Klugo's Performance
Cincinnati, OH |
I have been going to Dr. Karen Klugo for many years! She is very thorough and gentle in examining my eyes, and I have a high level of trust in her decision-making. The wait time for a scheduled office visit seems quite appropriate, given the numbers of people being seen.
Fairfield, OH |
The fact that my husband and I have been patients of Dr. Klugo's for years demonstrates our confidence in her skills and our satisfaction with her care of us. She is always very thorough and explains things so that we understand any issues and concerns. She is friendly and professional. We recommend her to everyone.
in Cincinnati, OH |
I have been using Dr. Klugo for all eye care, for many years and would never consider going elsewhere. In addition to aiding me with my eye health, she was also instrumental in diagosing a serious medical issue with my daughter - for which I will always be grateful!
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Klugo is a caring and personable physician. I have been a patient Dr. K since she started her practice. She always listens to my concerns. She takes the time to explain procedures and doesn't mind questions. Either she or a nurse from her office will respond to urgent situations in a timely fashion. I would not ever consider going to another doctor. I feel well cared for by Dr. Klugo. I have referred others to her practice & will continue doing so.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Klugo and her entire office staff are intelligent, kind and efficient. They treat patients with the utmost respect and caring. Dr. Klugo always goes the extra mile to when it comes to patient care. It's a pleasure to be her patient.
Cincinnati, OH |
Always a thorough exam will Dr. Klugo providing a thoughtful explanation to any questions. Easy office to access (by Kenwood Center), and pleasant atmosphere and staff.
in Terrace Park, OH |
My three children and I all have been patients of Dr. Klugo for many years, having happened upon her practice after less than satisfactory experiences with other Cincinnati-area opthalmologists, She is unfailingly professional but friendly, and communicates genuine concern about her patients' eye health. In fact, it was Dr. Klugo who diagnosed my then-teenaged daughter with "floaters" and me with diabetes during our annual eye visits -- conditions that our primary care doctors failed to catch.
in Cincinnati, OH |
She is always professional & personable & kind & I do not feel like she's rushing to tend to her next appt as is sometimes the case with other Doctors. I also feel her kindness is genuine & she makes an effort to get to know her patients.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr Klugo has treated my glaucoma skillfully and with care. She also performed cataract surgeries on my husband with very successful results. Excellent bedside manner!
in Monroe, OH 45050 |
I had other operations and care from other physicians. Dr Klugo is one of the best. Dr Klugo is fun. She provides excellent care with a mannerism which is caring and simply fun and relaxing. And Dr Klugo has the best technical skills I have seen. The care and results from cataract surgery was superior. She makes surgery fun and easy. Plus I am a diabeticII. I am glad to be under Dr. Klugo's care. I recommend Dr Klugo to all for all eye care. My wife will go to Dr. Klugo for surgery.
in West Chester, OH |
I have been a patient of Dr Klugo for several years and have had nothing but the most favorable of experiences. She is thorough, professional, respectful, and personable. Her office staff is efficient and friendly. I have never waited more than a few minutes beyond my scheduled appointment. I only wish all of my interactions with the medical community were as positive. I have, and will continue to, recommend her to family, friends, etc.
in Fairfield, OH |
she is awesome. she has treated me and my family for many years. she treats all of her patients with respect and her staff does too.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Klugo does an excellent job with making sure eyes stay healthy! She answers any questions very directly and each time I have my yearly check-up I always get the most professional experience.
Burlington, KY |
I have been going to Dr. Klugo for years. I trust her with my eyesight!
in Cincinnati |
Dr. Klugo is someone you will feel very comfortable with and who is very competent. For my cataract surgery she was very detailed, informative and reassuring. I feel very good in recommending her for any type of issues you may have with your eyes. The outcome of my cataract surgery was outstanding and I have continue to follow up with her on a yearly basis.
Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Klugo is a sincere caring professional with excellent technical skills. As you age and need more than a cheap pair of glasses, Dr. Klugo's practice offers the comfort of knowing everything possible is being done to ensure you can see as well as possible. I was fortunate to be a patient of hers when my retina detached on a holiday weekend. She quickly met me at the office and, through the next year, the Apex team performed procedures that restored my ability to see.
in Crittenden, KY |
My family & I have been patients for yrs. Each of us have our own medical conditions requiring periodic examinations. Dr. Klugo is a true professional, knowledgeable, demonstrates care & concern. She provides quality time in both the examination and communication regarding treatment. We are confident in her care and trust her expert opinions. Her staff is warm, friendly, and competent! We have many doctors between our home and her location, never considered anyone else for treatment!
in Hamilton, Ohio |
I have been a patient of Dr. Klugo for many years and have every confidence that all my eye care needs will be handled in a competent and professional manner. I need regular check ups for an ongoing hereditary condition to be sure that it remains stable and not progressively getting worse. Being diabetic, I also need to know if diabetes is starting to affect my vision. It is comforting to know that Dr. Klugo is readily available if I have any questions or concerns about my eyes.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr.Klugo is very professional and knowledgeable in providing eye care.She displayes care and concern about my eyes and overall care.She listens to my concerns and makes suggestions to improve my care. She gives me quality office care at each visit. The office staff is very caring and profession. She expalins proceedures as she goes .
West Chester, Ohio |
I would highly recommend her if you are dealing with eye issues related to cancer treatments and especially if you are a post bone marrow transplant patient suffering from dry eyes as a result chronic graft vs. host (GVH) disease. She is very knowledgeable in this area and is very understanding when it comes to these types of eye issues.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Dr. Klugo is a superior clinician with excellent patient skills. Additionally Mark Hampton does a wonderful job on contact lenses and glasses.
in Cincinnati, OH |
Outstanding doctor, staff, and office environment. Highly recommend! As someone in the health care field, I know what a rarity this is to achieve in one place.
Cincinnati, OH |
I saw Dr. Klugo on an emergency basis and I had a great experience at her office. When I called the office the staff were very friendly and helpful. They were able to squeeze me in for an appointment that same day. When I saw Dr. Klugo she was very friendly and thorough. She took her time and answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend her for routine or emergency care.
Cincinnati, OH |
Very thorough, efficient and timely. I did not have to wait very long at all. My appointment was set for 3:10 pm and I was back in an exam room by 3:15 p.m. The exam proceeded and concluded soon thereafter in a very professional and thorough manner.
in Cincinnati, OH |
It is all about $$$ and how much she can collect out of you, all while being professional. They charge you before you even go in to see her regardless of your insurance plan. Customer sounded very frustrated at the prepay policy, so was I. Refused to give me glasses prescription, saying that requires a separate visit for more charges upfront. BEWARE, don't be fooled. She gives you good explanations, but I don't trust her, it is all aimed at filling her checkbook. Money hungry!!!
Have you seen Dr. Karen Klugo, MD?
Are you Dr. Klugo?

• CoreSource
    Coventry Health America PPO
  • Golden Rule
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Managed Care (Non-HMO)