Dr. Karen Johnson, MD

Dr. Karen Johnson, MD

Functional Medicine  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Karen Johnson, MD is a functional medicine specialist in Hawi, HI and has been practicing for 5 years. She graduated from University Of Saskatchewan / College Of Medicine and specializes in functional medicine and family medicine.Read her story

563026 Puakea Bay Dr

Hawi, HI 96719

• We do not accept health insurance

Learn about Dr. Johnson

Dr. Johnson's Experience

Dr. Johnson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Functional Medicine
  • Board certified in Integrative Medicine

Dr. Johnson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Johnson "I find it amazing how one encounter completely changed the direction of my career. I was disillusioned with medicine; the restrictions placed on me from the insurance and pharmaceutical industries impeded my patient care and was frustrating me to the point of retiring from medicine. However, one day at a weekly yoga class, that all changed. An acquaintance mentioned she was enrolled in the Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona started by Dr. Andrew Weil. I applied to enroll in the Fellowship and I was hooked. I have not been able to acquire knowledge on Integrative, Functional, Herbal Medicine or nutritional biochemistry fast enough. Since that day, learning has become a passion for me and has driven me to continue to obtain many certifications beyond my formal medical training. This knowledge, no matter how complex, always brings me back to the basics of nutrition, movement and stress reduction. I cannot every imagine a time when I will end my quest for cutting-edge information about achieving optimal health. To learn more about me, please visit my karendjohnsonmd website."

This content was provided by Dr. Johnson "I believe it is important to take the time to listen to your entire life story. This allows me to understand how you arrived at where you are in your present health. Achieving optimal health is a collaboration between me and you. I want to provide you with the necessary information for you to implement your health goals. "

• Functional Medicine

• Physical Examination
  • Stress Management
  • Trigger Point Therapy
  • Wellness Examination

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Hawaii.

• University Of Saskatchewan / College Of Medicine
  • Foundations In Herbal Medicine
    Other Education | Completed 2014
  • Institute Of Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner
    Other Education | Completed 2016

Dr. Johnson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johnson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johnson's Reviews

3.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnson to family and friends
15 total reviews (1 has a comment)

Dr. Johnson's Performance

Stupendously knowledgeable in Functional Medicine, CIRS, and mold problems. Figured out my problems that have stumped other physicians for years. She's a real detective. If she can't sleuth-out your problem, you'll have a tough time finding someone who can.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option0