Dr. Karen Harkaway, MD

Dr. Karen Harkaway, MD

Cosmetic Dermatology  |

Dr. Karen S. Harkaway is a Board Certified Cosmetic Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon serving the New Jersey area for more than 20 years. Dr. Harkaway is experienced in Aesthetic Treatment for Men, Skin Cancerand Spider Vein Treatment. She is a professional member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery and the Skin Cancer Foundation. PRACTICE EHR Modernizing Medicine PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATION American Academy of Dermatology American Society of Dermatologic Surgery Skin Cancer Foundation AWARDS & ACCOLADES Outstanding Woman of Burlington County 2013 South Jersey Top Docs 2012 -2015 Burlington County Times Readers Choice – The Best Dermatologists 2014 & The best Aesthetic Physician 2014 FORMS OF PAYMENT We accept Visa, MasterCard, AmericanExpress, Discover, cash and checks. Also, financing is available through CareCredit. INSURANCES ACCEPTED Aetna , Amerihealth, Cigna, Devon, GHI, Amerihealth Administrators, United Health Care, Qualcare, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield, Keystone, Medicare, Oxford, Tricare OFFICE HOURS Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Tuesday: 9:00 AM- 9:00 PM Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 8:30 PM Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM Friday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM Occasional Saturday: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM

The Harkaway Center for Dermatology and Aesthetics

8001 Route 130

Delran, NJ 08075

• Amerihealth
  • Devon Health
  • EmblemHealth
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Keystone Mercy Health Plan
  • Medicare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Harkaway

Patient Testimonials

Dr. Harkaway combines the expertise of a dermatologist with the understanding of women's concerns about their skin and the inevitability of aging.
My experience with Dr. Harkaway and her staff has been 100% positive. I am well informed, treated as if I'm the only person they are caring for, and my results with whatever procedure I have chosen... are excellent. I trust Dr. Harkaway and her staff with good judgmenen it comes to me personally. They have taken the time to get to know me and know what I want as a result. IPL is the best thing I have every done for my face...I am always very pleased with the results as I am with all the choices I have made with respect to improving myself. Thank you Dr. Harkaway, Dr. Dishler, Patty and last but not least....my girlfriends , Amanda and Jessica... They are the best!!!!
Dr. Harkaway provides the total experience in an inviting environment with knowledgeable staff and affordable prices.

The Harkaway Center for Dermatology and Aesthetics is a forward-thinking practice that specializes in medical, surgical and cosmetic dermatology in addition to participating in clinical research trials.

Our practice is well known for providing patients with outstanding and complete dermatologic care. Services include the diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions of the skin, nails and hair, dermatologic and skin cancer surgery, as well as aesthetic dermatology with the latest available cosmetic procedures, skin rejuvenation programs and products.

Video

Dr. Harkaway's Experience

Dr. Harkaway's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Cosmetic Dermatology
  • Board certified in Dermatology

• Cosmetic Dermatology
  • Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma

• Laser Hair Removal
  • Liposuction
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Duke University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1985
  • University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1989
  • Dermatology - University of Pennsylvania
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Dermatology - University of Pennsylvania

Dr. Harkaway has no media or publications listed.

• American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow
  • American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Member

Dr. Harkaway's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harkaway to family and friends
Dr. Harkaway's Performance
met with a smile looked at quickly very satisfied
the staff in your northfield office were extremely pleasant and very sweet, i was very pleased with my visit see you next year!!!
Burlington, NJ |
While waiting for Dr. Harkaway in the room, I could hear her unprofessional staff across the hall talking about the patients. After waiting 30 min, I felt the dr could've spent more time than the four minutes she gave me. The exam was a quick once-over look at me, not thorough by any means. She was ready to walk out the door, so I had to quickly voice my concerns, She stared, making me feel rushed, took a second look & brushed it off, telling me she'll see me in a year. I will not be back.
All Good
A+ Helped me after 6 MD's failed
Helpful, efficient staff. Carli was great, explained and answered all of my questions and was through in her exam of me. I would recommend your practice to anyone who needed dermatology. I may come back for an aesthetics consult
Outstanding! Way above my expectations! Would recomend without hesitation.
I wanted to do something just for ME. Birthday coming feeling tired the whole nine yards. Dr. Harkaway and Carli, took me under their wings and transformed me. I mean my husband loves everything, and besides that I feel so Happy. So I recommend Dr. Harkaway and staff to anyone whose curious or really wants to commit. As women, we are all worth it...shhhhh
Pleasantville, NJ |
VERY cursory evaluation. Offered to remove suspicious lesions for $150 each! When I asked why insurance wouldn't cover it (as it has for other lesions in the past including one that was a MELANOMA) Dr. Harkaway just said it wasn't covered. Luckily I went to another dermatologist who diagnosed one lesion as a basal cell carcinoma after my insurance covered the biopsy. AND I had another lesion removed and the biopsy on that one is pending.
in Mays Landing, NJ |
Dr. Harkaway recently removed a small cancerous tissue from the surface of my nose & the entire procedure was absolutely painless. Dr Harkaway was extremely pleasant, telling me precisely what I could expect as the wound now heals properly. While the Dr. concentrated on removing the tissue, I visually concentrated on her beautiful lips.
Dr. Harkaway listened to what I wanted and did exactly what I asked. She has a gentle hair and really treats your face like a canvas she is painting. I'm very happy with my results
I had a full body check up and she made me feel comfortable. I didn't know what to expect but am happy I came in to check checked for peace of mind
Great experience.
confident in the discussions that were had.
I visit The Harkaway Center annually for a check up. They team always spends time with me to ensure all of my questions are answered and concerns are addressed - very comprehensive. It's so important to invest the time - even if it's just a check up.
The doctor and her staff have improved not only my skin, but the quality of my life.
everything has been great. there is never a long wait and appointments are quick and easy.
had a deeper cut from the mole removed. great experience cant say enough good about my visit
I've been seeing Jennifer for years - Not just myself, but my two boys as well.
Wonderful
had a consultation and got tons of information about different treatment options for my skin and i cant wait to get started!
relaxing and the best ever!!!
met with NP Melody 2/28, office staff and NP extremely professional and expedited entire process without feeling rushed, thank you
doctor is wonderful!! girls in the office are great!!
I came in today for my annual body check and was in and out. Carli was so thorough and made my visit a pleasure!
everything was great all very pleasant
Great and very good and effecient. Would defintely recommend her to my friends
From the Office Staff to The Dr., the visits was a very good experience. Time was taken by Dr. to listen and respond to concerns. Will be returning for follow up.
very pleasant experience office staff very nice
The entire experience at Dr. Harkaway's office was exceptional. The office staff and the medical assistant were friendly, welcoming, and very helpful. Dr. Harkaway was compassionate, knowledgeable, professional and took the time to answer all of my questions.
Dr. Harkaway made my lips look better than they ever have before. They are more full and look very natural. Botox injections worked as promised and I'm completely satisfied with my results.
Dr. Feldman sent me to Dr. Harkaway's practice because he said she's the best! He was right on! Finding a good dermatologist in South Jersey is not easy. Whether its making time for patients or being able to explain to them with ease what is going on with their skin in lehman's terms one can understand. I was blown away today with my experience from the front desk, to the medical assistant, to the Dr I had the privilege of meeting, Dr. Dishler. I am beyond excited to b...
Dr. Harkaway takes her time, great attitude.
top notch
very pleasant; informative.
I'm extremely satisfied with the quality and level of care I've received from Dr. Melody Boudwin during my visits to the office. Melody took the time to learn my history and assess my current condition. She is very knowledgeable of the best medications and prescribed a regimen that not only was affordable but has made my chronic eczema very manageable. I would recommend the services and providers from Dr. Harkaway's office to anyone. The front desk staff is very friendly ...
always a great experience with this office. i have seen everyone here for both cosmetic and medical dermatology and i love them all!
great very knowledgeable pleased with care received
Dr Harkaway did a great job with my botox! Im now thinking about getting filler!
Carly was wonderful. She answered all questions and was very friendly and patient.
I am 55 and have been coming to see Dr. Harkaway for many years. She has always made me feel comfortable and at home in her office. No matter what procedure I'm having done, it is always explained to me in detail and the results are always fantastic! Go see her!! You wont regret it!
I had juvederm done today and i cant believe how easy it was! Not painful at all and the difference it made in my smile lines was incredible! I dont live in the area, but the experience i had today was definitely worth the drive!
this office has amazing positive energy everyone i came in contact with had a smile on their face and seemed so happy to be there! thank you dr harkaway for such a great experience!
Dr and entire staff are always wonderful!
I saw Mel today and had botox done for the first time. She was fantastic and put my mind as ease. Im definitely coming back!
Good experience. Was nervous at first, but after she started, I realized it was going to be okay!
Peels have really helped improve my sink
I look and feel wonderful thanks to Dr. Harkaway.......
Have you seen Dr. Karen Harkaway, MD?

Visit Dr. Harkaway

Dr. Harkaway accepts 13 insurance carriers
  • Amerihealth
  • Devon Health
  • EmblemHealth
    GHI
  • Group Health Incorporated (GHI)
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey