Dr. Karen F. Giardino, MD

Dr. Karen F. Giardino, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female | 57 years old

Dr. Giardino specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and practices in Williamsville, NY. She practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Giardino? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Giardino's Experience

See how Dr. Giardino's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Giardino

Dr. Giardino accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Giardino has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Giardino
Dr. Giardino's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (59)
in Buffalo, NY |
Great doctor. She answers all of my questions and explains things in terms I can understand. Sometimes the wait out in the waiting room is a little longer than I would like but The staff is very apologetic for the wait and quite friendly to me. I would highly recommend this Doctors office
in Buffalo, NY |
I am so thankful I was connected with Dr. Giardino. She is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need warm and fuzzy. I needed someone to hit me with reality. I saw her MANY times, not just once. She helped me with medical issues I was having and that, along with a changed lifestyle on my part, has resulted in a new chapter in my life! Peggy is awesome as well.
Elma, NY |
I will be requesting my insurance start a tracking investigation on this doctor. In my opinion she is incompetent and she has lost site of quality care of her patients. The office and medical staff won't even stay around long enough to put up with what is going on there as the turn over rate is insane. I just heard my third story about this practice and each complaint is similar in nature. Don't expect much and when it happens to you don't be surprised. I'm finding another doctor.
Medina, NY |
Saw her one time. Then saw her assistant for all other visits. She seems to have a turn over of assitants for some reason. Was treated by my labs numbers not how well I felt. I felt like I was being over medicated. My cardiologist gave me a better explanation about my thyroid then she did.
North Tonawanda, NY |
Worst endo I have ever went, she always cancels, never fills out paperwork, and does not return phone calls.
in Buffalo, NY |
This office is horrible. Staff is rude. They have canceled on me multiple times and one time when I have to miss they discharge me. Very unprofessional and never even answer their phones. I was having a medical emergency, being a type1 diabetic, so I called the doctor on call overnight. No answer. No call back. Not even the next business day. Peggy however was incredibly nice and the best NP I've had in a while.
Buffalo, NY |
Dr. Giardino does not treat patients. She sees you for a first visit and then refuses tosee you after that, instead insisting you meet with a nurse practitioner. Even if you try to schedule specifically with her they will tell you the appointment is with her, then when you get there it is the nurse practitioner. horrible practice, unfortunately.
Lockport, NY |
The office staff is incredibly rude and not helpful at all. The wait times are usually 30 mins or more and after your initial visit, Dr. Giardino hands you off to a PA or nurse. All they really do at my visit is check weight and look at my bloodwork and refill my Rx. They make their patients feel like they're a bother. They don't offer any help or advice on handling my condition but they are quick to scold me about my weight gain (due to the thyroid condition that I see THEM for!!) Terrible.
I have been see in the office over the last couple of years. I have only seen Dr Giardino at my very first appointment. After that, I have seen multiple NP's, seem to be a different one every time. No consistency. The office staff is rude and make you feel like they can't be bothered with any task. They give attitude and are condescending. I thought if I could get past dealing with the office staff, it would be okay. But every appointment there is an issue. I would NOT recommend this office.
in Tonawanda, NY |
From the receptionist (Pam) to the NP (Peggy) to the doctor herself, I couldn't be happier. Everyone was very pleasant and professional. Peggy and Dr Giardino both explained everything to me completely, and they didn't make me feel rushed. I highly recommend this practice to anyone needing an endocrinologist.
Have you seen Dr. Karen F. Giardino, MD?
Are you Dr. Giardino?

Compare Dr. Giardino

Dr. Giardino's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Proteinuria
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

State University Of New York At Buffalo

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Giardino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Giardino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Diabetes Counseling

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.