Dr. Karen Giardino, MD

Dr. Giardino

Karen F. Giardino, MD

5530 Sheridan Dr Ste 1b Williamsville, NY 14221

(716) 636-1947

Dr. Karen Giardino, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Williamsville, NY. Dr. Giardino has more experience with Thyroid Disorders than other specialists in her area. She is affiliated with Buffalo General Medical Center. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Giardino to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for New York

Frequently Treated by Dr. Giardino

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Giardino treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Giardino treats other conditions, please contact the office at (716) 636-1947.

Thyroid Disorders

Thyroid disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the thyroid gland, including hyperparathyroidism, thyroid disease, and thyroid nodules.Compare with other Thyroid Disorders specialists.

Dr. Giardino typically treats 61% more often than similar doctors

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Thyroid Cyst
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis

Dr. Giardino accepts

(716) 636-1947

Dr. Giardino accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

2.8

5.319148936170213%
5.319148936170213%

Dr. Giardino?
I received great care at my visit. Staff was very good.
Dec 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Giardino's now for almost two years. I sincerely look forward to my visits with her as she and her nurse practitioner are thorough professional and astute providers. They give me time to ask all of my questions, respect my feelings, and are patient with me. The intake nurse in the office is down to earth, warm and friendly and always makes me feel welcome. My thyroid issues have been well controlled and managed and I feel much better since becoming a patient of hers. The office staff are also friendly and warm, and I've never had a wait time there except once, when I was apologized to for the wait. I would highly recommend Dr. Giardino and her staff, and am glad to be a patient under her care!
Wendy – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I have been a patient for a little over a year. And most, not all, but most of the office staff are nasty as can be. They are not willing to work with you. I asked for an appointment to be a phone call instead of an office visit due to COVID and they informed me they do not do that anymore. (It’s a routine check up that they check my labs, usually say I’m fine and I leave. I’m in the office maybe 2mins if that.) I have never gone and had a positive experience. My first time there I was scolded for “missing” my appointment. My apt was at 2:30pm and they claimed I missed it and it was at 9am. When in all actuality it was a scheduling mistake on their end. I was told that the Dr didn’t have time to see me and I saw the NP. After multiple visits there I have never actually even seen, or met Dr.Giardino, it’s always been the NP. If you are looking for a Drs office that undermines and makes their patients feel lesser than. This is the place for you. I am so happy I found another Dr.
  • Appointment was rushed
Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Staff and provider are great. You couldn't ask for a more caring office.
Love this office and Dr. – Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Awful. office staff is rude, impatient, incompetent and condescending. agree about the comment about office manager Diane. I'm switching to another endo today. I called for a refill 2 days prior to a surgery and the receptionist insisted i go get tested at a lab and then get into the office for an appointment-- all when my surgery was 2 days away. asked the same question 3 times and never got an answer. because of covid, supposed to restrict access yet she kept insisted i go get my labs updated!!!! Diane would not let me talk. done with these folks.
Pat – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
The office staff is terrible! They no longer accept our insurance, and our co-pay has been $100.00. Received a letter from them stating the charge for a phone appt.was going to be $153.00! When I called to question the 53.00 increase, I was asked where I got that amount from as it still was $100.00. So basically if I hadn't questioned the charge, I would have paid 53.00 more than I should have. My daughter just had the phone visit, and what a joke. Levels are up, which we knew because my daughter always have results sent to her. Her appointment was with Susan Giardino, who is nasty, rude, and could care less about anything you say to her because apparently she is just always right. She dismisses anything said to her. Actually accused her of not taking her meds, and went on to say that her symptoms could also be due to the pandemic. She does not belong in a medical office with her attitude. Have absolutely no confidence in her opinion at all, her superior demenor is disgusting.
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I have no idea why anyone wouldn't love this practice. I've been going for about 2 years now and was impressed from my very first appointment. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly all the time, I have never been kept waiting, practitioner always takes whatever time is necessary for my appointment and takes my concerns and questions seriously. I HIGHLY recommend.
jrzd5510 – Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
The best of the best! I wish she was my primary doctor.
Norman – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
The office staff is incredibly rude and unaccommodating. They called multiple times as I was trying to get an insulin refill asking about my correction factors. I told them I didn't understand what they were asking, since thats information they have as it is something the endocrinologist decides. The office manager was incredibly rude and wouldn't let me talk to anyone else. They have since dropped me as a patient. Don't waste your time or money. Anyone dealing with diabetes will understand how ridiculous that is, and it's not the first time the office has been rude in regards to sensitive medical information they should have on file.
Jessica – Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Worst front desk ever. The experience made even worse by office manager Diane. Do not waste your time, unfortunately I’ll never be able to tell you if Dr Giardino is good bc of her horribly rude, don’t care if you die, don’t care if you have insurance that refers you to them, pretty much don’t care seems to be the theme here... staff. I’m so hurt and appalled at how I was treated I wasn’t even allowed to finish a sentence (me- “can I please finish my sentence? You keep interrupting.” Diane- no let me finish it for you...”)
Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I have never given a negative review for any business or practice, but I can’t let this go by. My 91 yr. old Mother was a patient of Dr. Giardino many years ago as she had her thyroid taken out in 1962. Her thyroid levels had been managed for many years, but returned to Dr. Giardino in September, because her TSH level elevated to 13. Her primary care physician increased her levothyroxine and her TSH leveled back out to 4 when it was taken in the hospital in August. There is no information on Dr. Giardino’s portal site about her September visit or any bloodwork that was taken. In October, my mother had hip surgery and was taken to a rehab facility to recover. They had drawn her TSH blood levels and it was recorded at 56! They contacted Dr. Giardino’s office and the office took a long time to respond, only to ask for a second set of blood work. After the second set of labs recorded a 77 TSH level Dr. Giardino’s office never followed up about the lab work. Instead, the rehab fac
Jacquie Szachara – Oct 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
During my pregnancy, my OB found that my thyroid was a bit off and recommended Giardino's office for treatment. Went a couple times - visit was fine. Then, also during pregnancy, they find that I'm borderline Gestational Diabetes where I was referred do a different endocrinologist. Assuming both doctors just specialized in different things, I thought nothing of it and came to terms that I'd be seeing two different specialist for each issue. Well, I receive a LETTER in the mail from Giardino's office, stating that they have terminated me as a patient. I call the next business day I call and speak to the office manager who tells me that since I am seeing another endocrinologist, that they can no longer treat me. I was absolutely horrified at how this woman spoke to me - she has no business working with patients. I could also go on about their billing. First thing they say when I walk in is that I owe money, but they can never explain what it's for and why they never billed me.
Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I think she is an excellent Dr. She is caring and very knowledgeable. I am thankful for Dr Giardino.
Cheryl Haurik in Depea, NY – Jul 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
After a first visit in which I poured out so much information I was disappointed with the lack of direction in a procedure in installing a new LibreLink system...after spending my own time installing and reading I was floored by my readings and became deeply concerned of the high readings. I returned to office with the deepest concern. Now seeing daily readings averaging over 300 was deeply a concern. I was seeking a sensitive response from Susan with just a 5 minute conversation...you would think that I was trying to see the president! Terrible .. I am sensitive to anybody schedule...my heath and disturbing high numbers should be a priority.. at least just to hear it is normal and things will get better would be appreciated...but not happening. Thinking over the next few days to move to a more sensitive office that can understand distress in a diabetic...do not think I will hear from Dr. Giardino ...
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
daughter doctor once, was handed over to “Susan Giardino”, the most ill-informed, useless excuse for a medical practitioner ever seen. My daughter’s issue is hair loss +still exists, +this idiot keeps advising on periods +doesn’t even know why daughter is there! 18 mos., 3 blood tests, 6 months apart, abnormal readings not even retested, suddenly “does not need to come back” , primary can now give the script? $60copay x4 for nothing! I too, give Zeroes for all, but 1 is the lowest option!!!
Hamburg, NY – Feb 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Saw the doctor and was very pleased with her. She ordered blood work and scan of my thyroid. I was placed on treatment and saw an improvement in my symptoms. I was then handed off to her sister in law who is a very cold and looks at you like your a crack addict looking for drugs. She is abrupt and is in and out. Doesn't have a good manner or take the time to listen. The office seems to go through a lot of people. Their nurse also has a questionable personality.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Buffalo, NY – Aug 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Finely a doctor that takes the time to explain how your medication works, what to expect when you take it. A doc who doesn't just prescribe a "industry standard" when there's better ( for you ) alternative. I give Dr Gardino, and here entire staff two thumbs up, and If I could, 10 stars! I'm sure there are faster office visits, but when you need the answers, you'll be glad you called Dr Giardino.
Charlie in Grand Island – Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Hadn’t seen Dr G in 2 years as she recommended following up with my gp once my condition was under control. I called to see Dr G in the beginning of November, as I started having a problem and was given the next possible appointment which was the end of January. Really? I was told they’d put me on a cancelation list though so it probably wouldn’t be that long. No calls. Then a week before my January appointment, the office called to reschedule. Middle of March ? And now that is canceled as well
Mar 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Dr Giradino is very attentive and goes over all your blood work. Ordered proper test to get a diagnosis that other doctors had not found. Her PA is dismissive and abrupt. Didn't bother to listen or look over past history and was in and out. Did not like that I was handed over to the PA when my condition was not even under control.
Clarence – Feb 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Run the other direction. The practice is purging patients that actually require treatment but have been there long enough to know this is a scheme. The doctor sees you once and then you only see nurse practitioners. I’m pretty sure it is an insurance scam. Run the other way. No chance I would recommend them. Wanted to put zero stars but the lowest was 1.
Don’t go here. in Buffalo, NY – Nov 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Giardino?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism