Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Karen Giardino, MD
Dr. Karen Giardino, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Williamsville, NY. She is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Giardino is affiliated with Kaleida Health Buffalo General Hospital and Sisters of Charity Hospital.

5530 Sheridan Dr Ste 1B

Williamsville, NY 14221

• Independent Health
  • MVP Health Care
  • Univera Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Giardino

Dr. Giardino's Experience

Dr. Giardino's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Giardino does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adrenal Gland Diseases
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Proteinuria
  • Retina Diseases
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for New York.

• The School Of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences SUNY At Buffalo
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • State University Of New York At Buffalo
    Medical School | Graduated 1985

Dr. Giardino has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Giardino has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Giardino does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Giardino and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Giardino's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Giardino to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Giardino's Performance
North Tonawanda, NY |
I have nothing but good things to say. The front staff is pretty friendly considering some of the things I've witnessed other patients say and do to them. One patient actually telling the woman at the front desk that she hopes she dies someday just like her. With patients like that its no wonder Dr Giardino has a high turnover of staff. People forget that the staff is only following directions of the Doctor as it is her practice. Her new PA Chelsea is awesome! Very attentive to my concerns
East Amherst |
The problem with this office starts from the top, meaning Dr. Giardino herself. In my 2 & 1/2 years there, she has gone through 3 physicians assistants and a complete staff turnover. Several of my appointments were cancelled & you have to call back within a day or 2 to reschedule or YOU will be dropped. Which I was even after being put on a new medicine and telling Janelle about the newly discovered tumor on my adrenal gland. You deserve to begin treatment at a more stable & efficient practice.
in Depew, NY |
I have Hashimotos. Iwent to 4 endocrinologists and 5 GP before seeing Dr. Giardino. She is the only Dr. that listened and very easily treats Hashimotos. She gave me my life back. We also take my 88 yr old mother-in-law. Her thyroid level kept going crazy and the Endo. in Niagara Falls said we may have to take her to Mayo or Cleveland Clinic. Took her to Dr. G who immediately knew the problem and her levels are now great. Thank you Dr. G
in East Amherst, NY |
Dr Giardino and her staff are incredibly efficient, professional and friendly. I am shocked by the negative reviews because this was not my experience AT ALL. I felt that all of my concerns were addressed, levels corrected and was treated like I was the most important patient in the practice. She was spot on with her diagnosis as well as treatment plan. I am wholeheartedly appreciative to call her my endocrinologist and HIGHLY recommend her and her staff. EXCELLENT DR. !
in niagara falls, ny |
Went there 13 years ago , never seen dr, the assistants called me the wrong name and thought I had surgery , I thought they had the wrong chart twice , so I never went back , I had to find a dr for a big cyst on my pituitary gland , I was Leary to go back , but there are not many that would take my insurance , I had a morning appointment , did not wait that long , went into a room with a desk to go over my ultrasounds, I Did see the dr and she explained everything , the pros and cons, 30 min,
in Buffalo, NY |
Great doctor. She answers all of my questions and explains things in terms I can understand. Sometimes the wait out in the waiting room is a little longer than I would like but The staff is very apologetic for the wait and quite friendly to me. I would highly recommend this Doctors office
in Buffalo, NY |
I am so thankful I was connected with Dr. Giardino. She is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need warm and fuzzy. I needed someone to hit me with reality. I saw her MANY times, not just once. She helped me with medical issues I was having and that, along with a changed lifestyle on my part, has resulted in a new chapter in my life! Peggy is awesome as well.
Elma, NY |
I will be requesting my insurance start a tracking investigation on this doctor. In my opinion she is incompetent and she has lost site of quality care of her patients. The office and medical staff won't even stay around long enough to put up with what is going on there as the turn over rate is insane. I just heard my third story about this practice and each complaint is similar in nature. Don't expect much and when it happens to you don't be surprised. I'm finding another doctor.
Medina, NY |
Saw her one time. Then saw her assistant for all other visits. She seems to have a turn over of assitants for some reason. Was treated by my labs numbers not how well I felt. I felt like I was being over medicated. My cardiologist gave me a better explanation about my thyroid then she did.
North Tonawanda, NY |
Worst endo I have ever went, she always cancels, never fills out paperwork, and does not return phone calls.
in Buffalo, NY |
This office is horrible. Staff is rude. They have canceled on me multiple times and one time when I have to miss they discharge me. Very unprofessional and never even answer their phones. I was having a medical emergency, being a type1 diabetic, so I called the doctor on call overnight. No answer. No call back. Not even the next business day. Peggy however was incredibly nice and the best NP I've had in a while.
Buffalo, NY |
Dr. Giardino does not treat patients. She sees you for a first visit and then refuses tosee you after that, instead insisting you meet with a nurse practitioner. Even if you try to schedule specifically with her they will tell you the appointment is with her, then when you get there it is the nurse practitioner. horrible practice, unfortunately.
Lockport, NY |
The office staff is incredibly rude and not helpful at all. The wait times are usually 30 mins or more and after your initial visit, Dr. Giardino hands you off to a PA or nurse. All they really do at my visit is check weight and look at my bloodwork and refill my Rx. They make their patients feel like they're a bother. They don't offer any help or advice on handling my condition but they are quick to scold me about my weight gain (due to the thyroid condition that I see THEM for!!) Terrible.
I have been see in the office over the last couple of years. I have only seen Dr Giardino at my very first appointment. After that, I have seen multiple NP's, seem to be a different one every time. No consistency. The office staff is rude and make you feel like they can't be bothered with any task. They give attitude and are condescending. I thought if I could get past dealing with the office staff, it would be okay. But every appointment there is an issue. I would NOT recommend this office.
in Tonawanda, NY |
From the receptionist (Pam) to the NP (Peggy) to the doctor herself, I couldn't be happier. Everyone was very pleasant and professional. Peggy and Dr Giardino both explained everything to me completely, and they didn't make me feel rushed. I highly recommend this practice to anyone needing an endocrinologist.
Have you seen Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Are you Dr. Giardino?