Dr. Karen Giardino, MD

Dr. Giardino

Karen F. Giardino, MD

5530 Sheridan Dr Ste 1B Williamsville, NY 14221

(716) 636-1947

Dr. Karen Giardino, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Williamsville, NY and has been practicing for 34 years. She graduated from State University Of New York At Buffalo in 1985 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

At a glance

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

Dr. Giardino accepts

(716) 636-1947

Dr. Giardino accepts the following insurance:

Independent Health
valUcare Plus

No malpractice claims found for New York

Check Dr. Giardino's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Giardino's Top Procedures and Conditions

Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
high
high

Dr. Giardino treats Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea) more than 84% of her peers

Dr. Giardino treats this condition more than 84% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Abnormal Menstruation

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Thyroid Cyst
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis

Dr. Giardino's Reviews

Did you have an appointment with Dr. Giardino?

Enter the Bills 4 Bills sweepstakes by leaving a review today

Terms and conditions

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Giardino

2.8

5.813953488372093%

Dr. Giardino?
Dr. Giardino's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Karen Giardino, MD
I have never given a negative review for any business or practice, but I can’t let this go by. My 91 yr. old Mother was a patient of Dr. Giardino many years ago as she had her thyroid taken out in 1962. Her thyroid levels had been managed for many years, but returned to Dr. Giardino in September, because her TSH level elevated to 13. Her primary care physician increased her levothyroxine and her TSH leveled back out to 4 when it was taken in the hospital in August. There is no information on Dr. Giardino’s portal site about her September visit or any bloodwork that was taken. In October, my mother had hip surgery and was taken to a rehab facility to recover. They had drawn her TSH blood levels and it was recorded at 56! They contacted Dr. Giardino’s office and the office took a long time to respond, only to ask for a second set of blood work. After the second set of labs recorded a 77 TSH level Dr. Giardino’s office never followed up about the lab work. Instead, the rehab fac
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
During my pregnancy, my OB found that my thyroid was a bit off and recommended Giardino's office for treatment. Went a couple times - visit was fine. Then, also during pregnancy, they find that I'm borderline Gestational Diabetes where I was referred do a different endocrinologist. Assuming both doctors just specialized in different things, I thought nothing of it and came to terms that I'd be seeing two different specialist for each issue. Well, I receive a LETTER in the mail from Giardino's office, stating that they have terminated me as a patient. I call the next business day I call and speak to the office manager who tells me that since I am seeing another endocrinologist, that they can no longer treat me. I was absolutely horrified at how this woman spoke to me - she has no business working with patients. I could also go on about their billing. First thing they say when I walk in is that I owe money, but they can never explain what it's for and why they never billed me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I think she is an excellent Dr. She is caring and very knowledgeable. I am thankful for Dr Giardino.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Dr. G has changed my life, she is the best. The previous posts that I read sound like anger post. Obviously someone didn't get what they wanted or had to actually pay their bill (imagine that) most places do require payments. The staff is friendly and very helpful. So glad they got rid of the girl that use to check you in, she was horrible. The manager they have now has really changed things for the better. Highly recommend Dr. G and the other providers there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
After a first visit in which I poured out so much information I was disappointed with the lack of direction in a procedure in installing a new LibreLink system...after spending my own time installing and reading I was floored by my readings and became deeply concerned of the high readings. I returned to office with the deepest concern. Now seeing daily readings averaging over 300 was deeply a concern. I was seeking a sensitive response from Susan with just a 5 minute conversation...you would think that I was trying to see the president! Terrible .. I am sensitive to anybody schedule...my heath and disturbing high numbers should be a priority.. at least just to hear it is normal and things will get better would be appreciated...but not happening. Thinking over the next few days to move to a more sensitive office that can understand distress in a diabetic...do not think I will hear from Dr. Giardino ...
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
daughter doctor once, was handed over to “Susan Giardino”, the most ill-informed, useless excuse for a medical practitioner ever seen. My daughter’s issue is hair loss +still exists, +this idiot keeps advising on periods +doesn’t even know why daughter is there! 18 mos., 3 blood tests, 6 months apart, abnormal readings not even retested, suddenly “does not need to come back” , primary can now give the script? $60copay x4 for nothing! I too, give Zeroes for all, but 1 is the lowest option!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Saw the doctor and was very pleased with her. She ordered blood work and scan of my thyroid. I was placed on treatment and saw an improvement in my symptoms. I was then handed off to her sister in law who is a very cold and looks at you like your a crack addict looking for drugs. She is abrupt and is in and out. Doesn't have a good manner or take the time to listen. The office seems to go through a lot of people. Their nurse also has a questionable personality.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Finely a doctor that takes the time to explain how your medication works, what to expect when you take it. A doc who doesn't just prescribe a "industry standard" when there's better ( for you ) alternative. I give Dr Gardino, and here entire staff two thumbs up, and If I could, 10 stars! I'm sure there are faster office visits, but when you need the answers, you'll be glad you called Dr Giardino.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Hadn’t seen Dr G in 2 years as she recommended following up with my gp once my condition was under control. I called to see Dr G in the beginning of November, as I started having a problem and was given the next possible appointment which was the end of January. Really? I was told they’d put me on a cancelation list though so it probably wouldn’t be that long. No calls. Then a week before my January appointment, the office called to reschedule. Middle of March ? And now that is canceled as well
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Dr Giradino is very attentive and goes over all your blood work. Ordered proper test to get a diagnosis that other doctors had not found. Her PA is dismissive and abrupt. Didn't bother to listen or look over past history and was in and out. Did not like that I was handed over to the PA when my condition was not even under control.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Giardino?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

1985
State University Of New York At Buffalo
The School Of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences SUNY At Buffalo
1985

Karen F. Giardino, MD

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Giardino treats patients.

67% Patient experience rating, 2% lower than the national average