Dr. Karen Giardino, MD

Dr. Giardino

Karen F. Giardino, MD

5530 Sheridan Dr Ste 1b Williamsville, NY 14221

(716) 636-1947

Dr. Karen Giardino, MD is a Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialist in Williamsville, NY. She is affiliated with Buffalo General Medical Center. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Giardino to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for New York

high

Dr. Giardino treats Thyroid Goiter more than 90% of her peers

Dr. Giardino treats this condition more than 90% of her peers

ACTH (Cosyntropin) Stimulation Test

Dr. Giardino performs ACTH (Cosyntropin) Stimulation Test more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Giardino performs this procedure more than 80% of her peers

• Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Lipoprotein Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Oral Glucose Tolerance Test
  • VAP Lipid Testing
  • Water Deprivation Test

Dr. Giardino accepts

(716) 636-1947

Dr. Giardino accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

4.761904761904762%
7.619047619047619%
44.76190476190476%

Dr. Giardino

Since I have been a patient of Dr. Giardino my Diabetes has been under control and i have even lost some weigh. I would and do recommend Dr. Giardino. The staff is always very polite and helpful and always returns phone calls when I have questions.
Carmen R – Dec 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
It is unfortunate that I have to give this Dr. a one star review because I think she is actually a great Dr. The reason for my one star review is her office manager, Diane. She is bar far the rudest most difficult person I have ever had to deal with. More than once I have had to reschedule an appointment and have called well within the cancelation period only to have her give me a hard time. She interrogates you as to why you need to reschedule your appointment which is absolutely none of her business! I can't deal with this kind of stress just to see a Dr. so I will be seeking treatment elsewhere.
Julie Marinaro – Aug 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Giardino from my primary for my thyroid disorder. She was wonderful from day one. I was very nervous to go (for several different reasons), but her office staff was kind and kept the office moving. I LOVE how Dr. Giardino listens to her patients and takes that into account when looking at the blood work too. It's not always about the numbers. We made a plan that I'm comfortable with moving forward, to get my thyroid back under control.
Dana – Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Dr Giardino and her staff were helpful, knowledgeable and courteous. I'm not sure about these other reviews but my experience was top notch. I was new in town and needed an endocrinologist to see me as soon as possible (and this was when covid pandemic just started in march 2020). I was anxious and nervous about seeing a new physician but found the doctor and her staff very calming and helpful. I could not have asked for a better experience. To this day I am continuing to see Dr Giardino for an ongoing endocrine problem and am VERY HAPPY!
Roxy – May 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Dr Giardino has been my Dr for 25 yrs. She has always been very professional and extremely knowledgeable in my thyroid issues. I am so grateful that she keeps me feeling my best
Janice W – May 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Dr. Giardino’s office is excellent in assisting with thyroid disorders. Recommend 100%
Kristin A – Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Nurse Practitioner Susan Giardino is not very informed about diabetes. I do not feel comfortable with her recommendations. She is ill informed for working in an endocrinology office. The office manager is extremely rude. Instead of sitting in back stuffing her face maybe she should brush up on her attitude and customer service skills. Staff is constantly changing and I can see why. This office is terrible. There are better endocrinologists out there. This office is a joke. Stay away!
Feb 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Dr Giardino is knowledgeable, professional and supportive. Best Endocrinologist in WNY!
Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Excellent! Really appreciated the way I was treated. Took their time and were very thorough.
Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I have been a patient since 1994, at that time the staff was professional. With in the last three years, there has been a change of staffing, and the quality of service is now horrible I have had issues with getting my prescription refilled in a timely fashion. During COVID-19, they tried to charge me for a telehealth visit. When I called my insurance, they told me that I was NOT to be charged for the visit over the phone. I called relayed that information to them, and they had to refund the payment. Additional issues. I called to get have my pump readings read due to frequent hypoglycemia episode, and it took 3 days to get a call, to make the necessary changes to correct the issue, which could be life threatening. The Office Manager Diane is incredibly rude. I have now reached my limit. Patient care, service and respect is everything. I am in the process of researching for a new endocrinologist.
Jan 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I received great care at my visit. Staff was very good.
Dec 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Giardino's now for almost two years. I sincerely look forward to my visits with her as she and her nurse practitioner are thorough professional and astute providers. They give me time to ask all of my questions, respect my feelings, and are patient with me. The intake nurse in the office is down to earth, warm and friendly and always makes me feel welcome. My thyroid issues have been well controlled and managed and I feel much better since becoming a patient of hers. The office staff are also friendly and warm, and I've never had a wait time there except once, when I was apologized to for the wait. I would highly recommend Dr. Giardino and her staff, and am glad to be a patient under her care!
Wendy – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I have been a patient for a little over a year. And most, not all, but most of the office staff are nasty as can be. They are not willing to work with you. I asked for an appointment to be a phone call instead of an office visit due to COVID and they informed me they do not do that anymore. (It’s a routine check up that they check my labs, usually say I’m fine and I leave. I’m in the office maybe 2mins if that.) I have never gone and had a positive experience. My first time there I was scolded for “missing” my appointment. My apt was at 2:30pm and they claimed I missed it and it was at 9am. When in all actuality it was a scheduling mistake on their end. I was told that the Dr didn’t have time to see me and I saw the NP. After multiple visits there I have never actually even seen, or met Dr.Giardino, it’s always been the NP. If you are looking for a Drs office that undermines and makes their patients feel lesser than. This is the place for you. I am so happy I found another Dr.
Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Staff and provider are great. You couldn't ask for a more caring office.
Love this office and Dr. – Dec 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Awful. office staff is rude, impatient, incompetent and condescending. agree about the comment about office manager Diane. I'm switching to another endo today. I called for a refill 2 days prior to a surgery and the receptionist insisted i go get tested at a lab and then get into the office for an appointment-- all when my surgery was 2 days away. asked the same question 3 times and never got an answer. because of covid, supposed to restrict access yet she kept insisted i go get my labs updated!!!! Diane would not let me talk. done with these folks.
Pat – Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
The office staff is terrible! They no longer accept our insurance, and our co-pay has been $100.00. Received a letter from them stating the charge for a phone appt.was going to be $153.00! When I called to question the 53.00 increase, I was asked where I got that amount from as it still was $100.00. So basically if I hadn't questioned the charge, I would have paid 53.00 more than I should have. My daughter just had the phone visit, and what a joke. Levels are up, which we knew because my daughter always have results sent to her. Her appointment was with Susan Giardino, who is nasty, rude, and could care less about anything you say to her because apparently she is just always right. She dismisses anything said to her. Actually accused her of not taking her meds, and went on to say that her symptoms could also be due to the pandemic. She does not belong in a medical office with her attitude. Have absolutely no confidence in her opinion at all, her superior demenor is disgusting.
Aug 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
I have no idea why anyone wouldn't love this practice. I've been going for about 2 years now and was impressed from my very first appointment. The staff is EXTREMELY friendly all the time, I have never been kept waiting, practitioner always takes whatever time is necessary for my appointment and takes my concerns and questions seriously. I HIGHLY recommend.
jrzd5510 – Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
The best of the best! I wish she was my primary doctor.
Norman – Jul 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
The office staff is incredibly rude and unaccommodating. They called multiple times as I was trying to get an insulin refill asking about my correction factors. I told them I didn't understand what they were asking, since thats information they have as it is something the endocrinologist decides. The office manager was incredibly rude and wouldn't let me talk to anyone else. They have since dropped me as a patient. Don't waste your time or money. Anyone dealing with diabetes will understand how ridiculous that is, and it's not the first time the office has been rude in regards to sensitive medical information they should have on file.
Jessica – Apr 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?
Worst front desk ever. The experience made even worse by office manager Diane. Do not waste your time, unfortunately I’ll never be able to tell you if Dr Giardino is good bc of her horribly rude, don’t care if you die, don’t care if you have insurance that refers you to them, pretty much don’t care seems to be the theme here... staff. I’m so hurt and appalled at how I was treated I wasn’t even allowed to finish a sentence (me- “can I please finish my sentence? You keep interrupting.” Diane- no let me finish it for you...”)
Dec 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Karen Giardino, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Giardino?
Provider explaining information to patient