Dr. Karen Bremer, MD

Dr. Karen Bremer, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Karen Bremer, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Omaha, NE. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Bremer is affiliated with University Campus of CHI Health Creighton University Medical Center - Bergan Mercy, Chi Health Midlands, Chi Health Lakeside, Chi Health Immanuel and Chi Health Bergan Mercy.

7710 Mercy Rd Ste 3000

Omaha, NE 68124

Learn about Dr. Bremer

See how frequently Dr. Bremer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Migraine
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Headache

Dr. Bremer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Bremer "Health care is changing, and CHI Health promises to change it for the better. In fact, we started embracing new ways to keep you well more than 10 years ago. It's called value-based care, built on the belief that prescribing a healthier lifestyle is better than prescribing a lot of pills. That's why we're building a network where doctors, clinics and hospitals work closely to organize your care for the best possible outcome. We're doing what's right for our patients, to mend what's broken and restore your faith in health care."

• Neurology

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Insomnia
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Peripheral Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

• Idaho State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • University Of Nebraska / College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Creighton University School Of Med
  • University Of Nebraska Medical Center

• Best Doctors in America, 2010-2011

Dr. Bremer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bremer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bremer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bremer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bremer to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Bremer's Performance
in Omaha, NE |
Dr. Bremer clarified many questions and showing with pictures to explain my mother's condition to my mother, sister and I. Up until this point providers have been very vague. She helped us understand the whole picture of what do now, what to watch for, what to expect in the future. With multiple health issues in our family; we as a family want to be well informed to keep our mother as healthy as possible this provider did that. Thank you
Omaha, NE |
She was downright accusatory and presumptuous about my health situation, insinuating the condition became chronic due to my fault, despite the fact I had a daily journal that would have shown otherwise. She did not review the journal (4 month log). I emailed her requesting help with an issue related to her specialty. I rec'd a CHI form response from both her and my primary making it obvious she forwarded my inquiry to my primary.I never rec'd a response to my inquiry. Communication is blocked.
Omaha, NE |
After 4 months of no results, she wouldn't change my treatment plan. She told me to continue what I was doing and maybe try PT (which I had been going to for four months? Guess she doesn't read charts). When I called about getting a new treatment, she never called me back. At appointments, she spends maybe five minutes with you. I kept reminding her that I have neck pain with my migraines, but she insisted it was neurological. I got a second opinion and sure enough, I have a muscle problem
in Omaha, NE |
She's awful. She doesn't know what she's talking about and she's very rude. When I try getting ahold of her I never get a response so I go forever without my medicine. She's allergic to cats and since I have cats she won't come near me. I wouldn't recommend her to my worst enemy. She's a terrible doctor. Where did she get her degree? The Wizard of Oz?
in Bellevue, NE |
Very RUDE! We saw her in the hospital and it was horrible. She interrupted all of us and made blatant assumptions that had nothing to do with why my daughter was there. Would not let her take her antidepressant which had no interaction with anything going one. In her opinion my daughter didn't need it. I guess the whole 10 minutes she saw her made her an expert on the last 5 years with her psychologist. I can't express how bad this experience was. She thinks she a God.
in Ft Scott, KS |
I had a difficult case and she did everything she could. I'm shocked that her ratings are so low.
in Papillion, NE |
Dr Bremer was rude and accusatory towards me. She claimed things that were blatantly false and offered little to no help with my condition, treatment or advice. Her and her office staff would not return phone calls seeking results of tests and this is by far the poorest experience I have ever had with a doctor and have experienced that all CHI doctors to be poor and dismissive with patients.
Have you seen Dr. Karen Bremer, MD?
Are you Dr. Bremer?