Dr. Karen Blessey, MD

Dr. Karen Blessey, MD

Internal Medicine  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Karen Blessey, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in New Orleans, LA. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 15 years. Dr. Blessey is affiliated with Ochsner Baptist and Ochsner Medical Center.

Ochsner Baptist - A Campus of Ochsner Medical Center

2820 Napoleon Ave Ste 890

New Orleans, LA 70115

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Community Health Network
  • Coventry Health Care of Louisiana
  • Employers Health Network
  • Evolutions Healthcare Systems
  • Galaxy Health Network
  • Health Payors Organization

Learn about Dr. Blessey

Dr. Blessey is a New Orleans native who trained at LSU and practices uptown at the Baptist Campus. In addition to her medical training, she has an undergraduate degree from the University of Richmond and a Master of Science in Physical Chemistry from the University of Colorado.

Dr. Blessey's Experience

Dr. Blessey's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• LSU School of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2002
  • Lsu Medical Center/Charity Hospital/Medical Center Of Louisiana
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2005
  • Lsu Medical Center/Charity Hospital/Medical Center Of Louisiana
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Blessey has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Blessey does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Blessey and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Blessey's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Blessey to family and friends

Ochsner Health System

also has reviews with comments for this provider:

logo for Ochsner Health System
SEE THESE REVIEWS AND COMMENTS
Dr. Blessey's Performance
in Harvey, LA |
She listened and took time to understand my issues. Very professional and compassionate. I felt at ease with her.
Montvale, NJ |
I highly recommend Dr. Blessey. She has always shown exemplary professionalism and spot-on assessments. She has the best personality and outlook and really cares about her patients well-being.
in Metairie, LA |
Dr. Blessey is wonderful. I tend to ask a lot of questions about my health. She listens and is patient and takes all of my questions and concerns seriously. I've been seeing her for over 10 years. She has guided me through numerous health issues and have only good things to say about her care. I would absolutely recommend her to family and friends.
in Kenner, LA |
Doctor Blessey is the best!!!. Doctor Blessey is very thorough and professional. She listens and answers any and all questions. I trust Doctor Bleesey's health care decisions. I would truly recommend Doctor Blessey!!!
in New Orleans, LA |
All good, good referral to Dr. Williams. Will see me when I need her to. Will recommend her. My wife see her as well.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Blessey is the most compassionate doctor that I have ever had. She make sure I understand everything. She is wonderful.
New Orleans, LA |
I think Dr Blessey, she is thorough, listens, explains and is a very nice person....I would highly recommend her and have...
in New Orleans, LA |
I find Dr Blessey to be an exceptional doctor. I have the utmost confidence in her. She is very reassuring. She is very capable. She is excellent ! She takes the time to explain everything and she makes sure I understand what she is saying. I trust her judgment completely. She is sincerely interested in her patients' welfare which I find to be highly commendable. She is the BEST !! She is very definitely a valuable asset to Ochsner Baptist
in New Orleans, LA |
Very thorough exam and assessment. She explained the plan of care and followed up with results in a very timely manner. Would highly recommend.
in Mandeville, LA |
I did research to find a physician and Dr. Blessey was my choice. I have complete confidence in the care she provides me. I feel blessed to have her as my physician. She is a super star!
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Blessey has been my internist for many Years. She is prompt with appointment times. Spends a lot of time reviewing your chart and takes time to review all tests results with you. She explains the result to you in details and follows up on retesting if needed. I feel completely confident in her diagnostic Abilities. She is very easy to talk to and has a pleasant Sense of humor. Congratulations Dr. Blessey on being awarded the best Internal Medicine by New Orleans Magazine in August 2016.
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Blessey has been providing primary care to me for over 5 years. She always takes her time to explain things to me and is a wonderful physician. She is very thorough and provides excellent care. Ochsner is very fortunate to have her on staff.
Gretna, LA |
Dr. Blessey always listens, doesn't hurry you or make you feel like you're wasting her time, and takes a genuine interest in the patient. She is kind, enthusiastic, and has the human touch missing in so many doctor-patient visits. I will continue seeing her as long as she is seeing patients!
in New Orleans, LA |
Dr. Karen Blessey is very thorough. She takes her time, listens and shows concern for her patients. I have been a patient of hers for many years.
Have you seen Dr. Karen Blessey, MD?
Are you Dr. Blessey?

Visit Dr. Blessey

Not Accepting New Patients
Dr. Blessey accepts 22 insurance carriers
    Aetna POS
    Aetna PPO
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
    Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO

New Orleans, LA 70115
Ochsner Medical Center
1516 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA 70121

More Internists like Dr. Blessey at Ochsner Baptist - A Campus of Ochsner Medical Center