Dr. Karen Benz, DO

Dr. Karen Benz, DO

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

Karen L Benz DO 1307 8th Ave Ste 201 Fort Worth, TX 76104 Get Directions

Dr. Karen Benz, DO is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Fort Worth, TX. She is 61 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Benz is affiliated with Baylor Medical Center at Waxahachie.

Dr. Benz's Experience

See how Dr. Benz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Benz

Dr. Benz accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Benz has admitting privileges.

Dr. Benz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Benz to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Benz's Performance
    GOOD
in Fort Worth |
I would not recommend Dr. Benz to my worst enemy! Not only is she mentally abusive to her employees but she also doesn't care about her patients or what they need. All the way from patients never getting lab results to never referring high risk patients to the specialist that they need to see. I have heard Dr. Benz tell her employees " if I don't get to go to lunch, YALL don't get to go to lunch", absolutely unprofessional. Take this women's license away already!
in Fort Worth , TX |
She is one of the sweetest, most caring I have met. Dr Benz delivered my daughters baby on December 24,2016 @ Baylor downtown Fort Worth. She had to do an emergency c-section at the last minute because my daughter is soo petite she could not deliver vaginally. Dr Benz showed her concern the whole time. She walked my daughter and myself thru everything. She stayed on top of everything. My daughter loved her. She felt comfortable because the Dr. showed her compassion and we felt her sincerity.
in FORT WORTH |
No she is a good Dr. She is. Very educated she knows what she is doing. I consider her like family she delivered my babies. I know her for a. Long time. She is the best out their.
in Fort Worth, TX |
Wait time is usually 45-90 mins. Staff are unfriendly. The only reason that keeps me going to this office is Dr. Melanie. She's the best! So personable and caring. Makes you feel like you're the only one she's taking care of. Never rushed and willing to answer your questions, even via phone call. Not a fan of Dr. Benz. I feel like her staff are the way they are because of her attitude and demeanor.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Extremely pleasant and beyond impressed with my experience at this office. Staff is very friendly and Dr. Melanie Lagomichos is wonderful!!
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Benz was the on-call doctor who delivered my baby. The first moment I met her, she lacked bedside manner. She was angry at the nurses for calling her too soon, even though my baby was showing signs of distress, criticized me for not using the skills I "learned in class", did not answer my questions and was condescending when I asked her to explain her medical jargon. I also felt she had better places to be and was rushing me along and was aggressive with me. No respect for birth plan.
Ft Worth, TX |
Staff is rude and terrible. Make sure before you go to the appt that was made for you is still the time before you get there for them to cancel you bc they have a delivery. As in I could care less if I'm in the need of a dr. My appt shouldn't matter. Wish I read these reviews before wasting my time.
in Hico, Tx |
I really like Dr. Benz. However, I do have a problem with her staff. They never return my calls when i have questions. AND I waited to see her for 3 hours one day! I had to have a surgery and it took 3 months to schedule it. I finally threatened to find a new doctor and they set it up. Now that I have had my surgery I am just going to find a new doctor. I want to have a baby & I'm scared if I have a problem they won't take it seriously.
in reyes |
I've hesitate about her helping me with delivery . I'm almost 8 months pregnant and every time I have an issue she blows me off and tells me that pregnancy and my issues are part of thr package. There have been countless times they do not return phone calls,or call in medications the way they promise they will. I worry that maybe she has too many patients to see a day which doesn't give you that personal time one requires from a physician.I feel no empathy.
Have you seen Dr. Karen Benz, DO?
Are you Dr. Benz?

Compare Dr. Benz

Dr. Benz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Benz has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Benz's Board Certifications

• Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Rectovaginal Fistula
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Thrombosis
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

Univ Of North Texas Health Science Center Texas College Of Osteopathic Medicine, University Of North Texas Health Science Center At Fort Worth

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Benz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Benz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• C-Section
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • Pap Smear
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC