Dr. Karen Barbosa, DO

Practices General Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 4.5 after 24 reviews.
Author:
If you take the time to read through the bio, this doctor is impressive. That's a great thing for our state which has sorely lacked specialists, especially FEMALE specialists who apply themselves to breast care. It wasn't a big deal until it was and that's my take away. I was referred to her office and from the moment I picked up the phone and spoke with Jody (the office manager) who immediately got me in to the visit with Dr. Barbosa, I was comforted by her knowledge and her ability to communicate without ego or affectation. This is a doctor we need to keep in our state. Do your homework and you'll see her education and experience. Go see her and I am convinced, whatever the issue may be that you will be in excellent hands.
Author:
What an awesome doctor what an awesome person her first concern and her last concern is her patients not to mention the great work that she does she calls it art and art it is!!!!!!
Author:
I was so pleased with every aspect of my care from Dr. Barbosa and her office manager Jodi. Efficient and kind. Lets you share in decisions, in as far as that is possible. This was my third and thankfully the easiest to tolerate of my three breast cancer surgeries.
Author:
Dr. Barbosa took time to really listen to my concerns, answer all of my questions and made sure I understood all of my options. Furthermore she is warm, friendly and really seems to care about her patients. I felt total confidence in her as I went into surgery. Jody in the front office, is easy to work with for scheduling appointments and making sure all the paperwork is complete. In short, I couldn't ask for a better doc!
Author:
From my first visit with Dr. Barbosa I knew I had found my surgeon for breast cancer. She explained in detail what to expect as I went through breast cancer, not just surgery, but the oncologists I would need. She made recommendations for those doctors, and they were the best. She answers every question, and is always up to date on the latest studies on breast cancer. Her surgical skills are amazing; the scars are almost invisible. I highly recommend Dr. Barbosa.
Author:
I went to Dr Barbosa for a breast reduction and immediately knew i wanted her for the job! Her and her staff helped me more then i can say with the whole process! Caring,knowledgeable,wonderful,compassionate,excellent at her work.I couldn't have asked for a better Dr the results of my surgery are excellent! I would recommend her to my daughter, to my sister, to my friends, to anyone who needs this or other type of breast surgery! We need more Dr.'s like Dr. Barbosa in this state!
Author:
In a time like this you need someone you trust and communicates with you openly and honestly! She took great care of me with the most updated techniques and knowledge!
Author:
From my first visit to my surgery, I knew I was in the best hands. All my questions were answered, and I was given information to help decide my treatment. I was never pressured to decide in any way. I recommend her for anyone needing breast care. I only want to see her for any futur follow up or care.
Author:
Whoever answered the phone was incredibly rude and then left me on hold for over ten minutes, I will not be coming back
We are sorry you had an unpleasant experience but wonder if you may have gotten our office mixed up with another with a similar name. As a rule, we do not put our callers on hold as we have only one staff member and we make a point of giving our callers our entire attention then calling others back with the use of caller ID and/or our recorder. We would like to have the opportunity to make an unpleasant experience a pleasant one for you.
Author:
I was struggling with my search of breast specialist here in Alaska. Finally, somebody highly recommend me Dr. Barbosa. And I made my decision to make an appointment with her. Dr. Barbosa is the Doctor with capital ā€˜Dā€™! I know only one more Doctor here in Alaska being so truly involved with me as a patient and human. Dr. Barbosa spent her time to be ready! for appointment with me ā€“ studying results of my tests, history of my diseases. All she could find in Alaska Regional database. I am so ama
Author:
All around wonderful experience . I was most impressed with was her care and consideration for the patient. She answered every little question and in a field where it is so easy for a doctor to capitalize on patients' fear it was amazing to have someone that was honest and informative and discussed what to do next instead of telling me what to do. I never once felt rushed by her office or in an appointment. Dr. Barbosa and Jody both made me feel comfortable and welcome at the office. Thank you!
Author:
Dr. Barbosa is the best! She is lovely, brilliant, compassionate, and exceptionally competent at what she does. She performed my surgery for breast cancer and you cannot even see the scar. I was anxious at first before surgery but she is so reassuring that I knew I was in good hands. She listens and really hears what you say. And remembers it! If you are a woman with a breast issue, don't even think about going anywhere else. She is the best, hands down.
Author:
I love how Dr. Barbosa is very upfront, will tell you and shows you whats going on and what to expect during your treatment with her.
Author:
Dr. Barbosa was great! Very real. Easy to talk to. Realistic about treatment options.
Author:
Dr. Barbosa helped me make informed decisions about my healthcare, but she also listened to me and respected my decisions. She is a very skilled surgeon/plastic surgeon. She removed two cancerous tumors from my breast and left me with two breasts that look better than before! I felt that she truly cared about me and, in turn, I trusted her.
Author:
Finding quality care in Alaska is challenging. Dr. Barbosa, however, was exceptional. I would recommend her to a friend or family member based on her professional competence and conservative approach to healthcare. She seemed like she actually cared and treated me like a human, not a problem to be solved.
Author:
Dr. Barbosa is a compassionate, generous woman who believes in educating people so that no unnecessary procedures are done. She is one of the best doctors I have ever met and the best surgeon I have met in Anchorage. Very pleased--will highly recommend her to anyone.