Dr. Karen Abrams, MD

Mental Health | Female

Karen L. Abrams M.D. LLC 233 E Lancaster Ave Ste 303A Ardmore, PA 19003 Get Directions
Dr. Karen Abrams, MD
Refer to my website.

Dr. Abrams' Care Philosophy

We will provide individualized quality medication management for mental and behavioral health care issues in a personalized setting. We am accept certain health insurances and have reasonable fee for service rates. We will see people within a few weeks of requesting an appointment.

Dr. Abrams' Experience

See how Dr. Abrams' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Abrams

Dr. Abrams accepts 7 insurance carriers

Dr. Abrams is now accepting new patients
Karen L. Abrams, MD LLC233 E Lancaster Ave Ste 303A
Ardmore, PA 19003
Evening
(610) 645-6300Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Abrams has admitting privileges.

Dr. Abrams' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abrams to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Abrams' Performance
in Philadelphia |
I was referred to Dr. Abrams by an LCSW because I needed meds after slipping into a major depression. I was very put off by her attitude and communication style considering her client base. She almost insisted that I make all appts online which either didn't work well on the website or couldn't accommodate my schedule. She also claimed to specialize in mental health though she has little to no formal training in mental health and doesn't understand it well enough. I went back to my PCP for meds.
in Philadelphia, pa |
I wish that I could give her a zero. I was referred to this so called "doctor" and humanitarian through my family doctor as I have suffered from. ADHD for my entire life. In addition, I am a recovering addict from opiates and never had an addiction issues for with ADHD medicine for 10+ years. This is a tough situation and Ms. Abram was as incompassionate and unprofessional as I could imagine. I only told her this basic summary and she refused to see me. Do not use. Unprofessional and rude
I was sorry to read this review. This patient's perception is completely different from mine. I did not refuse to see him. I told him that I would unlikely prescribe stimulants because of his history of addiction to opiates and could offer him other options including strattera or wellbutrin. It is never a good idea to blindly give addictive medication to someone with a history of addiction . I practice thoughtful medicine and had his best interest at heart. I wish him well.
Have you seen Dr. Karen Abrams, MD?

Compare Dr. Abrams

Dr. Abrams says...

Refer to my website.

Dr. Abrams' Care Philosophy

Dr. Abrams' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Mental Health
      •  Board certified in Family Practice
      •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Abrams has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Abrams' Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
      • Depressive Disorders
      • Impulse Control Disorders
      • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
      • Phobia

Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University, Thomas Jefferson University

Graduated in 1993

Abington Memorial Hospital

Completed in 1991

Abington Mem Hospital

Completed in 1993

Pennsylvania State University

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Abrams does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abrams and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Mental Health