Dr. Karameh Hawash, MD

Dr. Karameh Hawash, MD

Pediatric Neurology  |
Dr. Karameh Hawash, MD is a pediatric neurology doctor who practices in Boston, MA. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Read her story

300 Longwood Ave

Boston, MA 02115

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Hawash

Dr. Hawash's Experience

Dr. Hawash's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatric Neurology
  • Board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology

Dr. Hawash's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hawash "My Area of Excellence is Clinical Expertise and Innovation. I am a clinical pediatric neurologist who specializes in traumatic brain injury and epilepsy. I devote most of my time to clinical work, which extends into educational activities and supporting activities. Much of my work takes place in the Brain Injury Center at Boston Children's Hospital, a multidisciplinary center coordinating care between the Trauma Center, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Sports Medicine, and Neuropsychology. We aim to provide the highest level of care to children and adolescents who have sustained a brain injury by enhancing the health and well-being of patients, minimizing distress, and preventing longer-term difficulties. Naturally, my clinical interests have led to participation in research projects. I study mild traumatic brain injury and concussion, ranging anywhere from risk factors for prolonged post concussive symptoms and pharmacological treatment, to the development of new clinical offerings such as telehealth services. I also have an interest in childhood epilepsy and have participated in studies of Rolandic epilepsy genetics and associated cognitive dysfunction. Within my area of interest I work to enhance our understanding of the neurologic outcomes of traumatic brain injury, and to share my expertise in projects developing cutting-edge therapies and healthcare strategies."

This content was provided by Dr. Hawash "Being a child neurologist is very rewarding.  I am fortunate to be able to spend time getting to know my patients well, and discover how a particular neurological condition affects many aspects of their daily lives. Listening carefully, understanding and being genuinely interested in the input I get from the child, the family, the school and even the playground helps me advocate for my patient. As a team, we reach the treatment plan that best fits each unique situation.

I have been working at Boston Children's Hospital for the past 10 years. This time has allowed me to watch many of my patients grow to be young adults who have overcome many challenges and thrived. I feel privileged that I play a role in these special people's lives and that I have been able to develop many strong connections with them."

• Pediatric Neurology

• Neurological Injuries

• Intraoperative Neurological Monitoring
  • Neurological Rehabilitation
  • Neurological Testing

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

• University Of Jordan, Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Henry Ford Hospital
  • Tufts Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Hawash has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hawash does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hawash and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hawash's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hawash to family and friends
4.0
based on 7 total reviews (1 with a comment)
Dr. Hawash's Performance
in Wakefield, MA |
Dr. Hawash is excellent in her knowledge, communication and patient understanding. She is a very caring doctor who successfully helped my daughter through a concussion of long duration.
Have you seen Dr. Karameh Hawash, MD?
Are you Dr. Hawash?

Visit Dr. Hawash

Dr. Hawash accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Hawash has admitting privileges