Dr. Karameh Y. Hawash, MD

Dr. Karameh Y. Hawash, MD

Pediatric Neurology | Female | 47 years old

7 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Being a child neurologist is very rewarding. I am fortunate to be able to spend time getting to know my patients well, and discover how a particular neurological condition affects many aspects of their daily lives. Listening carefully, understanding and being genuinely interested in the input I get from the child, the family, the school and even the playground helps me advocate for my patient. As a team, we reach the treatment plan that best fits each unique situation. I have been working at Boston Children's Hospital for the past 10 years. This time has allowed me to watch many of my patients grow to be young adults who have overcome many challenges and thrived. I feel privileged that I play a role in these special people's lives and that I have been able to develop many strong connections with them.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Hawash's Experience

See how Dr. Hawash's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hawash

Dr. Hawash accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hawash has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hawash's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hawash to family and friends
based on 7 total surveys (1 with a review)
Dr. Hawash's Performance
in Wakefield, MA |
Dr. Hawash is excellent in her knowledge, communication and patient understanding. She is a very caring doctor who successfully helped my daughter through a concussion of long duration.
Have you seen Dr. Karameh Y. Hawash, MD?
Are you Dr. Hawash?

Compare Dr. Hawash

Dr. Hawash says...

My Area of Excellence is Clinical Expertise and Innovation. I am a clinical pediatric neurologist who specializes in traumatic brain injury and epilepsy.  I devote most of my time to clinical work, which extends into educational activities and supporting activities.

Much of my work takes place in the Brain Injury Center at Boston Children's Hospital, a multidisciplinary center coordinating care between the Trauma Center, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Sports Medicine, and Neuropsychology.  We aim to provide the highest level of care to children and adolescents who have sustained a brain injury by enhancing the health and well-being of patients, minimizing distress, and preventing longer-term difficulties.

Naturally, my clinical interests have led to participation in research projects. I study mild traumatic brain injury and concussion, ranging anywhere from risk factors for prolonged post concussive symptoms and pharmacological treatment, to the development of new clinical offerings such as telehealth services. I also have an interest in childhood epilepsy and have participated in studies of Rolandic epilepsy genetics and associated cognitive dysfunction.

Within my area of interest I work to enhance our understanding of the neurologic outcomes of traumatic brain injury, and to share my expertise in projects developing cutting-edge therapies and healthcare strategies.

Dr. Hawash's Care Philosophy

Being a child neurologist is very rewarding.  I am fortunate to be able to spend time getting to know my patients well, and discover how a particular neurological condition affects many aspects of their daily lives. Listening carefully, understanding and being genuinely interested in the input I get from the child, the family, the school and even the playground helps me advocate for my patient. As a team, we reach the treatment plan that best fits each unique situation.

Dr. Hawash's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatric Neurology
    •  Board certified in Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology

Dr. Hawash has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hawash's Board Certifications

University Of Jordan, Faculty Of Medicine

Graduated in 1993

Henry Ford Hospital
      Tufts Medical Center

Dr. Hawash does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hawash and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatric Neurology