Dr. Kara Nance, MD

Dr. Kara Nance, MD

Bariatric Medicine  |
Dr. Kara Nance, MD is a bariatric medicine doctor who practices in Schaumburg, IL. She is 43 years old and has been practicing for 17 years.

919 N Plum Grove Rd Ste A

Schaumburg, IL 60173

• Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Nance

Dr. Nance's Experience

Dr. Nance's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Bariatric Medicine

• Physical Examination
  • Spirometry
  • Urinalysis
  • Vaccination

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Princeton U
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Chicago Medical Center
  • American College Of Physicians
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Nance has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Nance does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Nance and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Nance's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Nance to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Nance's Performance
Park Ridge, IL |
I suffer from a binge eating disorder. I wanted to see Dr Nance to get help losing weight. She was NOT compassionate to my situation, and instead humiliated me. Then she pushed me to buy HER "special" food, which would cost around $400 a week. I left feel so belittled, and very depressed, with even less self-worth than when I went in.
in glenview il |
i have already recomended dr nance to several friends. i am very happy with the level and quality of care i receive from dr nance and everyone else at the office. i am more knowledgeable, more healthy and better able to cope with everyday health decisions.
in Palatine, IL |
O first encountered Dr. Nanc e at a clinic in Arlington Heights. Was quite unhappy to learn she had left. I developed a good relationship with another female doc, who both O and my husband liked, but I still missed Dr. Nance. When 2nd female doc left, I knew just where my 'he's doc would be. My husband was very i impressed with her. She is very competent, never acts like you're a sore throat instead of a person, never makes you feel rushed. Also gentle, great smile. Office staff efficient
in Elgin, IL |
I found Dr. Nance to be understanding of my difficulty in losing weight but yet encouraging, knowledgeable and very quick to engage in a fact filled, firm discussions on what I need to reach my weight-loss goals. I have highly recommended her practice to friends who are having problems managing their weight. My regular doctor was extremely pleased in the results of weight loss and general health improvement. If you need help losing weight, GO SEE HER!
in Schaumburg, IL |
I am extremely happy that I found Dr. Nance. She has helped me to get healthy taking a natural course of diet and exercise as well as Mindfulness. She has always been positive in helping me achieve my goals and I trust her totally with my healthcare. I did not have a physician for 15 years because I didn't trust the ones from my past but now I have a Great Physician and feel at ease under her guidance.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
My experiences with Dr. Nance have been above and beyond all expectations. She is not a typical, follow a protocol, type Dr. I describe her as a Dr. who tries to make a body healthy before she prescribes a bunch of meds. Her approach is refreshing. She has tailored her approach to my weight loss and health issues based on what motivates me and my personality type.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Following her instructions, attending her seminars and with persistence, I have lost over 50 pounds and kept it off. Dr. Nance and her team will teach you how to lose the weight and keep it off. Dr. Nance and her team help keep track of your progress through repeat visits to keep you on track. The seminars are informative and helpful. Her team is polite, courteous, and professional. I would recommend her to those that are serious and ready to lose some weight.
in Schaumburg, IL |
Dr. Nance is awesome! Very caring and compassion!
Dr. Nance was dishonest and pulled a bait and switch. She told me her seminar would cost $50 for materials. 2 weeks later, she informed me that it was $1200 and only covered by insurance if I was in her weight management program. Her lack of sensitivity was also upsetting. She referred to me as a ?psych patient? to my face and she actually asked me ?do you want your fianc? to die? Because that is what will happen if he doesn?t stop eating junk. I left her office feeling awful and cheated.
in Lisle, IL |
She is very thorough but in a pushy way. I will never see this doctor again. I understand the reasons behind her pushiness and that she is the doctor, not me. However, I very clearly stated that I suffered from moderate depression, chronic fatigue, and chronic insomnia. I had mentioned I had seen a different doctor and was prescribed klonopin for the insomnia. I was happy on the klonopin, but just needed a higher dose. However, she did not care and prescribed ambien which worsened my depression.
Have you seen Dr. Kara Nance, MD?
Are you Dr. Nance?