Dr. Kara Kort, MD

Dr. Kara Kort, MD

General Surgery | Female

4117 Medical Center Dr # Pod Fayetteville, NY 13066 Get Directions

Dr. Kara Kort, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Fayetteville, NY. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years. Dr. Kort is affiliated with Upstate University Hospital and Saint Joseph's Hospital Health Center.

Dr. Kort's Experience

See how Dr. Kort's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kort

Dr. Kort accepts 25 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Kort has admitting privileges.

Dr. Kort's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kort to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Kort's Performance
in Camillus, NY |
On May 5, 2017 Dr Kort performed a thyroidectomy on me due to Papillary Thyroid cancer. Everything went well considering that my thyroid was as large as a softball. Dr Kort not only has helped me but she also takes care of my youngest daughter and her thyroid. I like her positive no nonsense attitude. Dr Kort has confidence and is far above the expertise level for surgeries done. Dr Kort faces the issues, finds a solution, and gets the job done.
in Cortland, NY |
My mother came to Dr Kort in January of this year. My sister and I came with her and we were impressed with both Dr Kort and her staff. Not only were they professional, but they were very patient and compassionate in dealing with us. My mother was very nervous and wanted to leave for Florida as soon as she could. Dr Kort and her staff expedited all of the tests and treatment for my mother and were wonderful. Dr Kort and her staff are amazing, we highly recommend them!! ***** star rating!
in Syracuse, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr. Kara Kort. After receiving my breast cancer diagnosis I was devastated. After meeting with Dr. Kort I was assured that I was going to be ok. She reviewed all of my treatment options with me, and she made herself readily available to my family for questions as well. I feel I had the best team of doctors available to me in the Northeast. I underwent a bilateral mastectomy, and in all honesty I look better today than I did pre-surgery! Her staff is great too!
in Syracuse, NY |
My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer just over a year ago. Dr. Richard Waldman her GYN recommended ONLY Dr. Kara Kort and said she is the best there is. Lynn and I met with Dr. Kort on Good Friday 2016 and we were both quite scared. Dr. Kort came into the room and reviewed the pathology report making sure we understood everything. The time she took to explain EVERYTHING was like we have never experienced from any doctor. Her skills as a surgeon are tops and as a person Great. Loved her.
Manlius, NY |
I could say many things about Dr Kort and her staff-incompetent, arrogant, unsympathetic and also unkind. I feel as though she does not wish to be bothered with her patients. Staff does not return phone calls and was very flippant when asked about tests results. Did not fully explain procedures and does not seem to grasp that it is not a routine matter to the patient. Additionally, they did not send medical records and the doctor can not be bothered to answer questions. Do not use this practice
Oneida, NY |
This woman is arrogant and full of herself. I would never recommend her to anyone. She had a nurse come in and tell me I had breast cancer. Kort spent less than five minutes with me during my 2 hour office visit. Rushed pathologist for the results of lymph nodes which resulted in not enough being removed. Never again!
in Syracuse, NY |
Dr. Kort performed my total thyroidectomy in June 2016. She was kind, compassionate and patient with all of my questions. She checked in on me several times pre and post surgery. I am now 6 weeks post surgery and you can hardly see my incision because Dr. Kort did such a pristine job of putting me back together. I would enthusiastically recommend Dr. Kort to anyone in need of general surgery.
Not only does she explain everything so that it was easy to understand but she is just a wonderful person and always up beat
Have you seen Dr. Kara Kort, MD?
Are you Dr. Kort?

Compare Dr. Kort

Dr. Kort's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Kort has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Kort's Board Certifications

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Burn Injuries
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis
  • Ventral Hernia

SUNY UPSTATE MED UNIV

Graduated in 1992

University Hospital SUNY Health Science Center

Dr. Kort does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kort and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Heart Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure