Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD

Hematology & OncologyFemaleAge 33

Hematology & Oncology

Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD is a Hematology & Oncology Specialist in Santa Barbara, CA. She is affiliated with Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD

Ridley Tree Cancer Center

540 W Pueblo St Santa Barbara, CA 93105

• Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Kavya's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Kavya's conditions and procedures:

• Blood Disorders
  • Chemotherapy

Dr. Kavya accepts

Dr. Kavya's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kavya

A rare exception.
I came to Dr. Kannan after leaving the UCLA campus, where I experienced a less than professional aftercare environment. In the moment I met Dr. Kannan I knew I was in the hands of an exceptional, conscious human being. Her ability to maintain a professional posture and greet me with care and empathy, convinced me that I have found the right health professional to deal with my head and neck cancer. Her ability to listen is a rare, commodity and healthcare. I felt seen and listened to as a struggled my way through interpreting pathology reports. Her ability to make you feel included is a rare art. I feel fortunate to have met her and look forward to along, healthy relationship.
Thomas Jackson – Jan 06, 2023
Thomas: Thank you so much for your thoughtful and...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD?
Professional and caring
Dr. Kannan’s perception saved my life. I didn’t know how sick I was the first time I had an appointment with her. Right away she ordered a test and called me with the results (after hours) directing me to go right away to the ER. I was admitted and she visited me next day at my hospital bed and kept in contact with me throughout my surgery and hospital dismissal. She listens, she answers my questions -even when I asks the same questions again and again. I feel she sees a patient as an individual, not as a clinical case. Very professional and at the same time, caring -she really wants to help me get well.
Cecilia Wolfe – Dec 21, 2022
Cecilia, Thank you so much for you kind words....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kavya?

I walk with you on your incredible journey with clinical decisions made with you and not for you. Your goals/values in life and your personal priorities...Read more

Medical oncologist and hematologist Kavya Kannan, MD completed her hematology-oncology fellowship at Wake Forest Baptist Comprehensive Cancer Center, and...Read more

• Hematology & Oncology

• Tamil
  • Telugu

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD?

Does Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD accept any insurance plans?

Does Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD accept new patients?

New patients are generally accepted by Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD on Healthgrades. To arrange an appointment, call the number on Dr. Kavya's profile.

What conditions does Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD treat?

Dr. Kavya frequently treats the following conditions: Blood Disorders and Cancer. See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD's office address?

Dr. Kavya's office is located at 540 W Pueblo St, Santa Barbara, CA 93105. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

What languages is Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD fluent in?

Dr. Kavya is able to speak Tamil, Telugu, and English. View profile to see all.

Is Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD is affiliated with Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital.

Does Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD receive good ratings from patients?

There is a star rating of 5/5 for Dr. Kannamma Kavya, MD. Patients say that they trusted the provider's decisions and the provider explained conditions well. See all patient feedback on Healthgrades.

Ridley Tree Cancer Center540 W Pueblo St Santa Barbara, CA 93105

Dr. Kavya is affiliated with the following hospital. Select the hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital

Santa Barbara, CA

86% Patients that would definitely recommend, 16% higher than the national average

7 Awards Received

Award Highlight: Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2022)