Dr. Kandamurugu Manickam, MD

Genetics ·  Male · Age 45

Dr. Manickam

Clinical Cancer Genetics

2001 Polaris Pkwy Columbus, OH 43240

Dr. Kandamurugu Manickam, MD is a geneticist in Columbus, OH and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Royal College Of Surgeons In Ireland, National University Of Ireland, School Of Medicine in 2002 and specializes in genetics.

At a glance

• Recent Reviews . Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Friendly staff . Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews

Dr. Manickam accepts

Dr. Manickam accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check if Dr. Manickam treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Manickam's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Manickam

2.6

Dr. Manickam?
Dr. Manickam's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kandamurugu Manickam, MD
Avoid at all costs. He does not follow protocols and makes personal attacks. He isn't knowledgeable. I was referred by another OSU department, who told me I had EDS, but only this man could diagnose it. They measured all of my joints, which are very hypermobile and sent the record to Manickam. He refused to review it and said that only his word matters. He didn't touch me or examine me, during my appointment. He made personal attacks against my appearance and weight, then laughed. He told me that there was no way that I had EDS, that I was "just fat". He did tell me that if I brought him family members, he'd give me the diagnosis though. I went to one of the best geneticists and was easily diagnosed. Manickam told me I scored 0/7 on the Beighton scale. I actually scored 6/7. To top it off, he sent a letter to my doctors, telling them I was in "chat groups" and had convinced myself I had an illness, when I'm healthy. That letter cost me my SSDI. RUN. Don't walk.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kandamurugu Manickam, MD?
I have no idea what happened with other reviews but I see Dr. Manickam and all my children do as well for years. He has excellent bedside manners,very courtesy,very attentive and cares about his patients and thier well being.I have never been treated poorly by him or his team.I totally would recommend him to anyone. He is one best in my book!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kandamurugu Manickam, MD?
This doctor should NOT be in practice. He is so arrogant! He has no bedside manner. When he walked into the room, he had already decided he wasn't going to believe me. I had done some research about Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and my list of symptoms was enormous. I have a family history of this syndrome too. He never used any kind of measuring instruments to check me and proceeded to tell me that things other specialists have told me were wrong. He laughs at me 3 times! DO NOT GO TO HIM!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kandamurugu Manickam, MD?
Manickam is terrible w/people, rude, arrogant & condescending. He doesn't like pt's learning medical information unless the info comes from him. He takes 2 long to give test results, withholds treatments. He "allegedly"misdiagnoses people, does NOT perform adequate history and symptom evaluations. He discredits patient research. He argues/removes other Dr's diagnoses, even experts. He belittles/namecalls pt's to staff, asserts himself as THE Authority& doesnt appear to know the disease. RUN!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kandamurugu Manickam, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Manickam?

• Genetics