Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD

Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 53

Dr. Mahon

Kanchan M Mahon MD

3220 Pearl St Endicott, NY 13760

Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Endicott, NY. She graduated from Umdnj--New Jersey Medical School and specializes in psychiatry.

Dr. Mahon accepts

Dr. Mahon accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

28.35820895522388%

Dr. Mahon?
Dr. Mahon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD
I would highly recommend her to anyone with emotional issues. She’s knowledgeable regarding medications and interactions between them. She recommended a great therapist, and I feel much better in the last 12 years in under both of their care, than I’ve had before that.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
Dr. Mahon was quick to determine a diagnosis and prescribe dangerous medication. She later treated me with extreme hostility when I attempted to express my concerns accordingly. Not only did she fail to help me, she was so rude that she made me feel worse.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
Dr. Mahon is awful and should not have a medical license. She over medicated me and talked about her own problems more than listening to mine. Very unprofessional!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
She is a wonderful, caring smart Doctor, she has helped me find myself again. Highly recommended
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
I love her! I've since moved out of state but I really miss her. She explained everything in detail, was always there even just to talk to, and was so compassionate towards me. She was the first person to give me an accurate diagnosis, treat me, and stick with me instead of throwing me meds and forgetting me. I can't thank her enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
When my psychiatrist said he was going to retire back a few years ago, I was devastated.....until I found Dr. Mahon...She has been my rock since, she is easily accessible, I feel I can confide in her, I trust her and she has done a great job managing my medications since I found her. She really knows her stuff, she is very talented and I enjoy going to see her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
Dr Mahon is an intelligent, compassionate doctor. She thinks her decisions through carefully and listens very closely. She knows a lot about psychiatric diagnoses and explains your diagnosis to you. I would definitely recommend her to others, they will find her to be caring, considerate, kind and knowledgeable. Also her receptionist is kind and thoughtful.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Mahon for three years and I think she is wonderful. She has always been compassionate and listened to my needs. Dr. Mahon has helped me greatly in getting my medications adjusted to my needs. I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
Dr. Mahon was recommended to me by a clinician this I work with and I would recommend her to my family and friends. She is easy to talk to and listens to my concerns. She also takes time to explain her diagnosis and answers all my questions. She is very knowledgeable in her field and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
I saw Dr.Mahon for several months before a sudden tragedy. To avoid further depression she switched my meds and this caused a manic episode with akithisia. When asked to return to my old meds and refusing the new ones she told me I was wasting her time and get a new doctor. I'd like to thank her for making this grieving process terrible. Also her secretary is repeatedly rude and condescending. Closed minded people not for free thinkers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
She has completely changed my life and for the better. Without her and her guidance I don’t know where I would be today or the person I would be today. She is an AMAZING heartfelt women who wants nothing but the best for her patients. Thank you so much for changing my life and only for the better. You deserve nothing but the best in life Dr. Mahon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Kanchan Mahon for several years in her Endwell office for depression and anxiety. Dr. Mahon is a very compassionate and empathetic clinician. She takes a whole-body approach to treating you and your mental illness. This includes taking your complete history, ordering blood work, working with your insurance, working with other facilities, medication management, etc. I arrived at her office a shadow of a woman and now I feel like a person. Dr. Mahon saved my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
Dr. Kanchan Mahon is wonderful! Not only is she highly intelligent and extremely knowledgeable, she is comforting, sweet yet firm, gentle, non-judgmental, easy to talk with, and genuinely concerned about peoples' well being! She listens/hears my concerns and instantly knows/finds the solutions! These are just some of the qualities that make Dr. Mahon a true professional! I am so very grateful and blessed to have found her!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
I had had 2 bad experiences with male psychiatrists who were not willing to really LISTEN to me; they mainly wanted to argue and push their own agendas. I took a friend with me once and she was shocked at their negative attitudes. They had nothing constructive or compassionate to say. Dr. Mahon is not like them at all! She not only listens, she HEARS and shares appropriate insight into your situation. She's easy to talk with and doesn't make you feel foolish or beyond help; she's the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
I've been seeing Dr. Mahon for over 5 years. She is very giving of her time, cares about her patients, and is highly educated. She has a keen understanding and keeps up to date with new medications and medical treatments. Give her a call and check her out.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
Dr. Mahon has stuck with me longer than I wanted to stick with myself in the quest to find the right mix of medications and counseling. Even when I felt like giving up, her encouragement and true concern for my welfare made me feel like we could find a light at the end of the tunnel. Previous psychologist would speak to me for a few minutes and send me off with a script. Dr. Mahon always takes the time to thoroughly review how I am doing and provides real counseling. I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
My experience with Dr Mahon has been nothing but wonderful! I would highly recommend her because without her I would not be where I am today.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
Dr. Mahon has been huge in my recovery. She has helped me tremendously in moving forward and listens very well. Highly recommend her and have actually recommended her to a good friend of mine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Mahon to family or friends as she did wonderful by me. When I first went to see her I was in a bad way and she spent a lot of time with me and never once rush me. I felt at ease with her and was comfortable enough to be able to tell her things that I wouldn't tell others. Dr. Mahon is for sure very professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kanchan Mahon, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Mahon's for several years. She is the most knowledgeable, understanding, and thorough doctor that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. She always takes the time needed to listen to your concerns and consistently works to enhance your overall well-being. On my last visit I thought I was feeling pretty well. However, Dr. Mahon picked up on some things that were happening and was able to change my medication to benefit my overall mental health.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Mahon?