Dr. Kan Yu, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 57

Telehealth services available

Western Neurology, PLLC

3303 S Lindsay Rd Gilbert, AZ 85297

Dr. Kan Yu, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Gilbert, AZ and has over 35 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Yu has more experience with Headache, Epilepsy, and Pain Management than other specialists in his area. He graduated from Third Military Medical University, Faculty Of Medcine medical school in 1986. He is affiliated with Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Yu to book an appointment.

Dr. Yu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Yu

4.1

2.0547945205479454%
20.54794520547945%

Dr. Yu?
  • Appointment scheduling (118)
  • Office environment (113)
  • Staff friendliness (112)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (28)
  • Appointment was rushed (27)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (27)
After reading some of his reviews I was hesitant in calling for an appointment. But did call and got right in. I am so happy that I chose Dr Yu. He was so helpful and was a good listener. He answered my questions and was a gentleman that I enjoyed meeting. Also the staff was very professional and friendly. The appointment went well and in a timely manner.
Mary Rasmussen – Nov 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
Dr. Yu always trys to help with the issues you are having. Very nice to talk to and funny. Great dr. with good advice always.
Toni Henderson – Apr 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Yu since 2013 for chronic pain after spinal fusion. He has always been very polite, helpful and professional. I like having a doctor that offers options and alternative treatments. He and his staff are awesome.
Rosemary K Brown – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
My daughter was having headaches and my primary care doctor referred her to Dr. Yu. He gave her lots of drugs and sent her for an MRI. At the next visit the he told us the MRI came back normal and nothing was wrong in her brain but wanted to increase the medication because she was still getting headaches. This is a 17 year old girl and all this guy wanted to do was give her drugs instead of finding out what the problem was. Her blood pressure was a little low and he wanted to give her drugs for that also. If you want drugs then he is the man to see but if you want to find out what is actually wrong with you don't go to this doctor!
Oct 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
I am 77 years old and have probably been to well over a hundred doctors in my lifetime. I have NEVER seen another in any specialty that provides the degree of care that Dr Yu gives his patients. In addition to being a really great neurologist, he is caring and compassionate. He makes himself available to his patients and takes care of their concerns at just about any time. His caring attitude is also reflected in his office staff. They are friendly, helpful and simply the best ! Robert M Rice 4/
Apr 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
I have been struggling with migraines since 2010, after I was hit by an IED. For several years, I tried to get them under control and eventually gave up when nothing was working. In a moment of desperation, I looked up migraine specialists and found Western Neurology. They were able to see me within 36 hours. I am thoroughly impressed by the entire staff. Dr. Kan Yu quickly assessed the situation and developed an action plan that included aggressive medication and physical therapy.
Scott Fessler in Gilbert, AZ – Oct 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
Dr. Yu is and his staff are excellent. He is thorough, knowledgeable, and took time to answer all questions I had during my appointments. He was easily available, and promptly reported lab results to me. I felt very confident in his knowledge at a difficult time. His staff is friendly and accommodating.
AZ – May 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
I initially met with Dr Yu in 2017. I was immediately impressed with his professional approach and quick understanding of my problem. He prescribed the precise medications for my problem. I continue to meet with Dr Yu for follow ups. He is always courteous and wants to make sure I am comfortable with the meds.
Patty in Gold Canyon – Apr 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
Dr. Yu is the VERY BEST! I saw many Doctors before Dr. Yu & had some really bad experiences with Dr's. who didn't care about their patients. Dr. Yu is DIFFERENT, I credit him with saving my life over 7 years ago when I had a medical procedure that went very wrong; became disabled & didn't want to live. Dr. Yu possesses all the critical traits that make him an Excellent Doctor; most importantly a sincere desire & genuine passion to help his patients. I remain a devoted patient. Thanks Dr. Yu!!
Valerie Diamond in Gilbert, AZ – Feb 25, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
I am very pleased with my experience over the years with Dr Kan Yu, MD PhD. As I have matured over the years I can be a hard critic of Physicians and their staff. Combine this attitude with an innate crankiness when a medical issues arise the result can be much less pleasant. Early on, I recognized that his care for my personal health and well being was a world away from experiences elsewhere. I feel very comfortable to be treated with his professionalism and care with his personal focus on Me!
Steven Trawick in Phoenix, AZ – Dec 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
Very happy with all Dr has done for me. He is Up to date on all meds and and treatments, so if you are looking for someone to trust your neurological needs then make an appt and find out for yourself.
Gilbert, AZ – May 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
What a blessing, he has helped me so much.
Pamela Shearon in Phoenix, AZ – Feb 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
Was literally in the room for two minutes left and came back with three trial medications and one prescription! Seriously didn't talk about anything. Said try these and come back!
Phoenix, AZ – Jan 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
Dr. Yu saved my life. I suffer from VERY bad migraines. Other doctors wanted to just pump me full of medications that didn't work but Dr. Yu took his time and listened to me. I explained how I have 5 children that I can't spend any time with due to the pain being so bad. I have been seeing him for a while now and all he wants to do is help to make me feel better. I have never met a more caring, honest, down to earth doctor. Thank you so much Dr. Yu!
Rachel E. in Gilbert, AZ – Dec 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
I have total trust in Dr Yu as he proved to me by exceptional results for my migraines that i have had for 50 yrs ., in only 2 visits and important tests he ordered that other Drs ignored. He is quick to observe your frustrations and has a very compasionate response , promising to give best treatment for he found my best treatment and i am so grateful , he is a blessing . Thank you again Dr Yu
Dawn miller in Gilbert, AZ – Oct 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
I have seen Dr. Yu for a problem relating to my head. At the last visit, he always concludes is there anything else or any other questions. I mentioned to him that I have a lot of spasms from my neck to my right shoulder. This is pretty much a chronic condition. I have seen several specialist including the pain clinic and everyone's solution was one of three pills. Dr. Yu offered another choice. Botox injections. He did multiple injections and by the 3rd &4th days, the spasms were almost gone.
Ken Ford in Chandler, AZ – Sep 19, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
I have been a migraine sufferer for over 25 years and Dr. Yu is the first doctor that has been able to find me relief. I would highly recommend him to anyone that has migraines, as he has a deep understanding of treatment plans. He never makes me feel rushed and spends an ample amount of time with me during visits. He has a good bedside manner and takes the time to listen to my concerns and needs. Office staff is friendly, helpful and personable.
Melissa in Gold Canyon, az – Sep 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
Dr. Yu has saved my life multiple times since 2011. He always takes time to review my tests thoroughly, orders additional test if needed, has caught misdiagnosis from other doctors. I have multiple serious health conditions, he can quickly and always correctly diagnose my new symptoms, never rushes to explain things to me, makes me feel informed. Dr. Yu and staff have worked with my ins. when things weren't covered and got coverage. Correctly completed and sent my disability papers.
Christie D. in Payson, Az – Sep 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Yu for 6 months now and could not be more pleased. He cares for his patients and is very knowledgeable. I normally do not write reviews however after seeing what others had written about him not caring and not taking time I had to set the record straight… Dr. Yu does take the time needed with each patient. I have never left there feeling rushed or didn’t have all my concerns answered. After 6 spinal surgeries he has been the only Doc to help with headaches and nerve pain.
J Smelser in Gilbert, AZ – Sep 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?
Dr.Yu, Is the utmost caring , Compassionate, gentle and kindest Dr. He really truly cares about his patients and their health. I suffer from migraines. He is the only Dr. that has helped me with my migraines. He is an Expert in his field of vast experience and knowledge. He think's beyond and out of the box with his vast knowledge of experience to diagnose and treat. He is absolutely awesome. I trust him and he is a true humanitarian. I am truly grateful and blessed to know him as my Dr.
Mrs. Tanko in Chandler, AZ – Sep 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kan Yu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Yu?

We strive to provide the best neurological care possible for the patients.

Kan Yu, MD, PhD attended the Medical school at 18 years old, and became a heart surgeon when he was 23 years old. He did 5 years of open heart...Read more

• Neurology