Dr. Kambiz Aflatoon, DO

Addiction PsychiatryMale

Dr. Aflatoon

Summitridge Center- Psychiatry & Addictive Med

250 Scenic Hwy Lawrenceville, GA 30046

Dr. Kambiz Aflatoon, DO is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in Lawrenceville, GA and has over 15 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Des Moines University medical school in 2006. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Aflatoon to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in your area

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check if Dr. Aflatoon treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Aflatoon's conditions and procedures:

• Alcohol Withdrawal
  • Drug Withdrawal
  • Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Opioid Withdrawal
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Aflatoon accepts

Dr. Aflatoon accepts the following insurance:

Ambetter

• Office environment (8)
  • Wait times (3)
  • Long wait times (7)
  • Office environment (2)
He was the first psychiatrist I went to. His attitude towards what I was going through was pretty dismissive and as if it wasn’t a big deal. Didn’t get much out of my few visits with him. I’m glad I found someone better to go to. Someone understanding, friendly, engaging, helpful..someone that actually hears you out when listening to you. Also, wait times were too long. I’d give him two stars for doing the absolute bare minimum.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Sep 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kambiz Aflatoon, DO?
They are lazy and uncaring arseholes, desk staff, nurses and the doctor ( who is rarely here, only there on Fridays based on what they told me.) They gamble with people's lives who needs much needed help. They will also refuse services, no future appointments are scheduled at your visit so they are always booked when you do call to schedule (they won't write out not even anti depressants to your pharmacy when they are so booked). no reminder calls. They do not care if you need your medicine and won't approve refills even if a pharmacist calls it in. This hell hole doesn't take mental illnesses seriously. The desk staff are rude and not caring. They are not qualified to work with the mental health at all. They always have that eat ??look on their face. They don't even smile. The way I was treated on my last visit i would never step foot here ever again. Save yourself the grief and look for care else where.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Pink ranger – Sep 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kambiz Aflatoon, DO?
He was such a jerk to my son!!! So he doesn’t go there anymore. If I was there I would have told him off!!!
Mar 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kambiz Aflatoon, DO?
I have never spoken with him, he treated my daughter at Ridgeview. I called regarding her medication as one cost 1100 a month, to see if we can substitute or what to do next. Three days of calling and not one return call from anyone regarding this matter. Still waiting.
Lawrenceville, GA – Jul 04, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kambiz Aflatoon, DO?
I never write reviews but I had such a bad experience I had to. He is a addiction specialist and because I had one relapse he refused to see me again. Hw gave me the option of checking into the facility he runs summit ridge hospital but you have to go through the er first. When I got there they said he won't accept me in summit ridge. I have a history of seizures and he left me without medications that make you go into severe withdrawals and seizures if stopped abruptly.he won't give medical rec
Khadijah mavany in Grayson georgia – Oct 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kambiz Aflatoon, DO?
I don't even know how anyone could say anything good about this place. I have been a patient going every three months for approximately 1.5 years. The wait time is NEVER less than 1.5 hours. The front desk people have NO IDEA what they are doing. Do you have an appointment today? Uh... yes.... you've only sent me 7 texts, 4 voicemails, and 2 emails in the last 4 days to remind me. Your charge today is....???? Uhhhh..... Who knows? It's a different amount each time. I just ran out of characters..
Beverly Sanders in Lawrenceville, GA – Mar 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kambiz Aflatoon, DO?
He takes the time to listen and tries very hard to come up with appropriate medication prescriptions and is very patient with my concerns about taking certain meds. We are still working on a regime for me. He responsibly requests bloodwork to check your levels as well as periodic drugscreens to keep you honest. I find he is easy to talk to and yes I would recommend him to family and friends.
Lisa G. in Lawrenceville, GA – Mar 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kambiz Aflatoon, DO?
I liked him and the treatment I have seen up to this point. He was easy to talk to and he listened. He listened to suggestions and was open to offer suggestions. I would recommend him very highly.
New York, NY – Jan 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kambiz Aflatoon, DO?

How was your experience with Dr. Aflatoon?

• Addiction Psychiatry