Dr. Kamal Woods, MD

Dr. Kamal Woods, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Dr. Kamal Woods, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Kettering, OH and has been practicing for 9 years. He graduated from Loma Linda University School Of Medicine in 2005 and specializes in neurosurgery, neurological spine reconstructive surgery, and more.

3533 Southern Blvd Ste 5350

Kettering, OH 45429

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Check Dr. Woods' experience treating your condition or procedure

high
high

Dr. Woods treats Spondylolisthesis more than 88% of his peers

Dr. Woods treats this condition more than 88% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Cervical Spondylolisthesis

• Cranial Trauma
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Repair Intracranial Aneurysm
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Torticollis
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

I consider it a privilege to be able to use my expertise and abilities to care for my patients. When I see a patient, I try not only to focus on their medical diagnosis, but to consider that patient as an individual. It is my desire to address the ph...

• Neurosurgery

Dr. Woods?
Dr. Woods' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Kamal Woods, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Doctor Kamal Woods saves my husband life! He is the most caring doctor we have ever met! Five starts will never show our gratitude! My husband should have dies and dr woods stepped in and fixed him! He has a whole new life! The only sadness has been that dr woods moved to Ohio and we are in California!! Now my hunny needs a lumbar surgery and no doctors anywhere can hold a candle to dr woods!! I wish you would swoop in and be Marvin’s guardian angel again!! God bless you dr woods!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Woods, MD?
Dt. Woods is extremely knowledgeable and professional. On the day of surgery, he spent a few minutes with me re-explaining exactly what his plan was. That night about 8:00 pm he came to my room to check on me - and took the time to walk me around the floor. This was 'above and beyond'.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Woods, MD?
Dr. Woods had all my old records and was ready with good suggestions for my care. I really appreciate the fact that he treated me as a full participant in my care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Woods, MD?
Dr Woods demonstrates a great level of professionalism in addition to possessing the most calming and reassuring attitude and approach. I never feel rushed during my appointments; he is always willing to take the time to answer my questions. He communicates with confidence and explains the process in details I can understand. Without hesitation, I would highly recommend Dr. Woods.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Woods, MD?
Dr. Woods changed my quality of life! I am pain free for the first time in two years. He is very personable and easy to get in contact with. He called to check on me before my 6 week follow-up and gave me his personal cell phone number if I had any questions. I did send him a text with a question and he responded within a few hours. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Woods to anyone that is living with back pain.
Dusty, Thanks for the positive review. I'm so...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Woods, MD?
I had lower back pain for 20 years but managed with exercise and OTC pain meds. When it finally got worse, and I got numbness in my feet, I saw Dr. Woods, who operated to fuse L4 and L5. I went home in 2 days and had relatively little back pain from the operation. I was fully fused in 11 weeks. After some PT, I felt like a new person - no back pain, a lot more energy and stamina, and a whole new outlook on life! Dr. Woods did an amazing job, even with my bad osteoporosis. I highly recommend him!
Willow, It has been my pleasure taking care of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Woods, MD?
Dr. Woods is amazing! He is caring and gets the job done, and done well! I was told by Drs for years that there was nothing that could be done for my back.. At the age of 24 I had the back of a 90yr old and was using a walker and cane to get around. When I met Dr. Woods it changed my life! He performed surgery on my back and I was able to live again. He was the first and only surgeon who said he could help me, and that he did. I highly recommend Dr. Woods!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Woods, MD?
My grandpa is a tough guy, never complains, when he asked my advice about his back I knew he was in severe pain. He had surgery by Dr. Woods and was pain free almost immediately. He is a man of little words so when he asked me to leave a review for Dr. Woods for him I knew he must have had amazing care. Thank you Dr. Woods for giving my grandpa his life back!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Woods, MD?
Had severe lower back pain for 20 years from an injury I received in the mid 1990's which herniated 5 of my lumbar discs. With age the pain only got worse. Went through the spinal injections, physical therapy, etc. for many of those years. The last few years leading up to my surgery, my lifestyle was all centered around what I could and could not do because of my back. Dr. Woods recommended the OLIF procedure and performed it six months ago. My back pain is gone! Thanks to Dr. Woods!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Woods, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Woods?

Wallace-Kettering Neuroscience Institute, Kettering, OH