Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 43

Neurosurgery

Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Kettering, OH and has over 18 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Woods has extensive experience in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. He graduated from Loma Linda University School Of Medicine in 2005. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Kettering Health Dayton and Kettering Health Main Campus. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD

Wallace-Kettering Neuroscience Institute, Kettering, OH

3533 Southern Blvd Ste 5350 Kettering, OH 45429
Telehealth services available

Telehealth services available

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Woods with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Upper Valley Medical Center.

Make an appointment at Upper Valley Medical Center today at (937) 552-3767.

These providers are on the medical staff of Upper Valley Medical Center.

Dr. Woods' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Woods

I suffered from nerve pain down my right side for a couple years. Dr Woods was recommended and found to be very knowledgeable and determined to help me. I had L5 S1 fusion and 3 months later I’m pain free. His office staff was very responsive and friendly.
Apr 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
I want to say Dr. Woods is definitely worth the wait. His staff was very friendly as well. I was nervous about my appointment, I was very concerned that I may of had another herniated disk in my neck. My previous Neurosurgeon had retired. Dr Woods put my mind at ease, he showed me the MRI imaging and we compared it to the previous image. He was very professional and seemed very caring. I would highly recommend Dr Woods and would 100 percent want him to preform my surgery.
M. Roberts – Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
I had an accident that fractured my L1 and shattered my L2. I was unable to move without screaming in pain. I had to stay flat on my back and any slight movement sent me into excruciating pain. Dr. Woods attempted a non-surgical route with hopes of avoiding surgery, unfortunately it did not work. He performed a minimally invasive spinal fusion by placing eight screws and two plates in my lumbar region. The first day post surgery was as painful as you’d expect but I was up and moving with the help of a walker by day two. It was like night and day. Dr. Woods is a miracle worker. He is intelligent and down to earth. While he is extremely busy being the head of neurosurgery, teaching students and managing his own case load, he makes time for his patients. During my first post-op he answered all of my questions fully and spent plenty of time educating me on the milestones I should expect down the road. He also hires amazing PA’s, like Jennifer.
Kristina – Aug 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
Doctor Kamal Woods saves my husband life! He is the most caring doctor we have ever met! Five starts will never show our gratitude! My husband should have dies and dr woods stepped in and fixed him! He has a whole new life! The only sadness has been that dr woods moved to Ohio and we are in California!! Now my hunny needs a lumbar surgery and no doctors anywhere can hold a candle to dr woods!! I wish you would swoop in and be Marvin’s guardian angel again!! God bless you dr woods!!
May 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
Dt. Woods is extremely knowledgeable and professional. On the day of surgery, he spent a few minutes with me re-explaining exactly what his plan was. That night about 8:00 pm he came to my room to check on me - and took the time to walk me around the floor. This was 'above and beyond'.
Apr 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
Dr. Woods had all my old records and was ready with good suggestions for my care. I really appreciate the fact that he treated me as a full participant in my care.
Feb 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
Dr Woods demonstrates a great level of professionalism in addition to possessing the most calming and reassuring attitude and approach. I never feel rushed during my appointments; he is always willing to take the time to answer my questions. He communicates with confidence and explains the process in details I can understand. Without hesitation, I would highly recommend Dr. Woods.
Dayton, OH – Feb 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
Dr. Woods changed my quality of life! I am pain free for the first time in two years. He is very personable and easy to get in contact with. He called to check on me before my 6 week follow-up and gave me his personal cell phone number if I had any questions. I did send him a text with a question and he responded within a few hours. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Woods to anyone that is living with back pain.
Dusty Beam in Tipp City , OH – Sep 19, 2018
Dusty, Thanks for the positive review. I'm so...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
I had lower back pain for 20 years but managed with exercise and OTC pain meds. When it finally got worse, and I got numbness in my feet, I saw Dr. Woods, who operated to fuse L4 and L5. I went home in 2 days and had relatively little back pain from the operation. I was fully fused in 11 weeks. After some PT, I felt like a new person - no back pain, a lot more energy and stamina, and a whole new outlook on life! Dr. Woods did an amazing job, even with my bad osteoporosis. I highly recommend him!
Willow Cliffswallow in Beavercreek, OH – Sep 20, 2017
Willow, It has been my pleasure taking care of...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
Dr. Woods is amazing! He is caring and gets the job done, and done well! I was told by Drs for years that there was nothing that could be done for my back.. At the age of 24 I had the back of a 90yr old and was using a walker and cane to get around. When I met Dr. Woods it changed my life! He performed surgery on my back and I was able to live again. He was the first and only surgeon who said he could help me, and that he did. I highly recommend Dr. Woods!
Grand Terrace, CA – May 10, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
My grandpa is a tough guy, never complains, when he asked my advice about his back I knew he was in severe pain. He had surgery by Dr. Woods and was pain free almost immediately. He is a man of little words so when he asked me to leave a review for Dr. Woods for him I knew he must have had amazing care. Thank you Dr. Woods for giving my grandpa his life back!!
Palm Desert, CA – Mar 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?
Had severe lower back pain for 20 years from an injury I received in the mid 1990's which herniated 5 of my lumbar discs. With age the pain only got worse. Went through the spinal injections, physical therapy, etc. for many of those years. The last few years leading up to my surgery, my lifestyle was all centered around what I could and could not do because of my back. Dr. Woods recommended the OLIF procedure and performed it six months ago. My back pain is gone! Thanks to Dr. Woods!
Chance in Murrieta, CA – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Woods?

1. Patients come first.  Nothing is too much for our patients.

2. Patients are guests, not clients.  The guest experience is important...

• Neurosurgery

2005
Loma Linda University School Of Medicine
2001
ANDREWS UNIVERSITY

What is the best way to schedule an appointment with Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD?

What other Neurosurgery Specialists practice nearby?

Click here to compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists.

Does Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD accept any insurance plans?

What are Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD's top areas of expertise?

Dr. Woods specializes in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. See more on Healthgrades.

What conditions does Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD treat?

Dr. Woods frequently treats the following conditions: Myelopathy, Low Back Pain, and Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement). See more on Healthgrades.

What is Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD's office address?

Dr. Woods' office is located at 3533 Southern Blvd Ste 5350, Kettering, OH 45429. You can find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Is Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD able to provide telehealth services?

Dr. Woods provides telehealth services. Please contact the office to determine whether you are eligible.

Is Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD affiliated with any hospitals?

Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD is affiliated with Kettering Health Dayton and Kettering Health Main Campus.

Is Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD a board-certified professional?

Yes, Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD holds board certifications in Neurosurgery.

How much experience does Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD have?

Dr. Woods has over 17 years of healthcare experience.

Does Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD receive good ratings from patients?

There is a star rating of 4.8/5 for Dr. Kamal R Woods, MD. Patients say that the provider listened & answered questions well and the appointment wasn't rushed. See all patient feedback on Healthgrades.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Frequently Treated by Dr. Woods

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Woods treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Woods treats other conditions, please contact the office at (937) 643-9299.

Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures specialists.

Dr. Woods is experienced in the area of Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 57 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Woods
Similar Providers
Myelopathy
Low Back Pain
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Cervical Spine Myelopathy

• Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Chordoma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Pituitary Tumor
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Vertebral Column Tumors

Dr. Woods accepts

Dr. Woods accepts the following insurance:

Medicaid