Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD

Dr. Kalia
Telehealth services available

Baystate Neurosurgery Assocs

2 Medical Center Dr Springfield, MA 01107

Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Springfield, MA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Baystate Medical Center and Holyoke Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Kalia to book an appointment.

Compare with other Neurosurgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Kalia with our nearby Neurosurgery Specialists at Hartford Healthcare.

Make an appointment at Hartford Healthcare today at (860) 294-9155.

These providers are on the medical staff of Hartford Healthcare.

Dr. Kalia's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Kalia

4.3

Dr. Kalia

Dr. Kalia explained in detail what my surgery entailed, even possible failure. He was patient, never rushing me, and answered all my questions. My surgery was 100% successful, and I can't thank him enough! I have a new life, and I can thank this wonderful man!
C. J. Pinsonneault – Dec 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Magnificent! I was suffering a "moderate to severe" herniated disc and in debilitating pain. From the first consult, Dr. Kalia was focused on me and my needs, he was clear in explanation, he was empathetic, and confident. The surgery was a success and I feel great. My recovery took longer than expected but Dr. Kalia's predictions and advice turned out to be spot on. He is also extremely respectful and appreciative of those he works with. His bedside manner is superb. His kindness and professionalism are nothing like I've experienced in my 55 years. God bless him.
Spencer – Apr 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
I had spine surgery in January. I barely had feelings in both my legs. I am happy to say as of April 1st all my numbness and pain are gone. He also had great bedside manner. I highly recommend Dr. Kalia
V Michael Fusia – Apr 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Dr. Kalia performed a cervical spinal cord decompression and fusion surgery on me in February 2021. I had consulted with (7) surgeons for this problem. Dr. Kalia's office called me and told me that he wanted to see me. They made an appt for the next day. I knew within 30 seconds of consulting with Dr. Kalia that he would be the surgeon performing the procedure. The word for Dr. Kalia is "precise" and I knew that his precision would ensure a successful outcome. He scheduled surgery for the very next week. Within days, all of my neurological symptoms, including a headache and spasms preventing sleep, were gone. Dr. Kalia has given me my life back and I am extremely grateful.
Thomas Daly – Feb 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Dr. Kamal Kalia is an amazing, intelligent neurosurgeon. I spent 6 months in a wheel chair and taking medication every 8 hours around the clock without relief from the pain. After many doctor’s visits, spine facilities visits, x-rays and MRI’s no one could find out why I couldn’t walk and was in pain. I was referred to Dr. Kalia. I arrived in Dr. Kalia’s office within 5 minutes Dr. Kalia looked at the MRI he advised me I needed back surgery. With Dr. Kalia’s confident and calm manner I felt like this would be the answer to my pain I agreed right away to the surgery. Dr. Kalia met me at the hospital at 6:45 am and was very calming while I was a wreck and asking many unnecessary questions he smiled and asked if I was ready. I woke up from surgery and went home. I was able to walk and I have never sat in the wheel chair again or took another pain medication. I needed to attend physical therapy. I returned to work and continue to go to therapy to lengthen my walking distance.
Karen Couture – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Dr. Kalia was a true life saver. I have had a few unexpected surgeries on my back and without Dr. Kalia I would not be walking right now or able to function the way I can. His expertise, quick action, and decisiveness are incredible. He is far away the best surgeon I have ever had. His follow up, bedside manner, and office staff are incredible as well. He spent quality time with me to ensure the extent of where I was medically and all the things to be prepared for. As medicine goes today he's in a league of his own. I highly recommend anyone seeking a neurosurgeon to utilize Dr. Kalia and his practice. Thanks Dr. Kalia!
Marc – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
When my son was five he developed s brain tumor and also needed a shunt- we were so fortunate that dr kalia performed the surgery and it was successful - I am forever great full to this wonderful man
Chrissy – Sep 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Great experience !! No hassle at all , put a Mobia-c device in my c-6,c-7 vertebrae and all went well . I would ,have and will recommend Dr Kalia 100 percent!!
Todd F. Lee Ma – Aug 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Dr. Kalia displayed a I am better than you attitude and made you feel dumb for being there. As I had severe neck pain and cannot turn my head to the right, he walked in and told me twice that he is the Neurosurgeon and will not do anything, then basically walked out of the room. I cannot say for sure, but i would bet he didn't even look at the MRI and just read the report.
Mar 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
If there were 10 stars to give we would give them! Dr. Kalia and staff are are heads above the rest! Cannot thank him enough! Bill DelSoldato and Family Lee ,MA
Wm. DelSoldato in Lee, MA – Nov 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Dr.kalia identified my spinal problem then completed micosurgury, instant relief. Last year I referred a family friend who was having serious back pain & not getting any relief, again dr.kalia found the problem, preformed surgery, again results were amazing. I would highly recommend dr. Kalia
East longmeadow – May 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Dr. Kalia operated on both myself and my husband. We cannot say enough for his professional and clinical skills. He is a brilliant, kind and compassionate gentleman. His office staff is always very supportive. His conservative approach to very delicate spinal disease is very much appreciated. He took the time to explain the pro’s, con’s and complications of such surgery. Bottom line ….he truly is blessed! We love him!!!!
Mary Lou – Apr 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Last May I had Dr. Kalia operate on my pinch nerve on my back. My left leg was in a lot of pain, I couldn't stand for a long period of time. He was present the entire time of recovery making sure I was feeling okay. He was personable and I felt safe with him doing the surgery because of how knowledgeable he was. I would definitely recommend Dr. Kalia to anyone who has to have surgery.
Agawam, MA – Apr 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Dr. Kalia performed neck surgery on me and was the most professional doctor that ever treated me. He is a brilliant surgeon , that I have the utmost respect for. I would recommend him to all my friends and family . I would give him a five star recommendation.
Peter in Suffield , CT – Apr 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Dr. Kalia not only saved our father’s life, but became a close friend along the way. Glioblastoma patients are often told to anticipate 6 months to 2 years. I’m happy to share that our father lived a high quality of life for over ten. (For perspective, this happens less than 1% of the time.) There is no question that it was the compassionate and extraordinary care provided by Dr. Kalia which allowed us the extra time with Dad. There are no words to properly express our gratitude.
Edward Zemba in East Longmeadow, MA – Apr 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
I had great experience. I was explained everything. I was also told Surgery is always NOT an option. Pain takes time to go away, which I understand, as at times there are no quick fixes , which most people expect. I would recommend Dr Kalia without any hesitation.
Anand – Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Dr Kalia saw me over a two year period. He was prudent and cautious in my treatment, always explaining my alternatives. What I liked about him was he was not in a hurry to operate, instead suggesting non-surgical approaches first that worked over time. Should I need to go to a neurosurgeon again, it’s him. He always kept my best interests in focus.
Edward in South Hadley – Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
Dr. Kalia is a wonderful Doctor. My Dad was a patient. We had a great experience from beginning to end. From the ER to 4 surgeries later, We are thankful that he is able to walk and is back to his normal activities. I would highly recommend Dr. Kalia!
Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
My experience was awful. I was referred by pcp after having MRI done on my lower back. I was told I had a compressed nerve causing sciatica nerve pain. When I went to him, I was hoping he would go over my MRI & tell me what was causing all my pain. He told me he only does surgery and that it only works 80% of the time. He told me this would go away on its own. At this point, I had been dealing with pain for 6 months. Come to find out, I have a herniated disc. Very rude, no beside manners.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
TANYA in MA – Feb 28, 2018
I am very sorry you left feeling this way and I...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?
A former reviewer said exactly how I feel about this doctor. He is rude, arrogant, very uncaring. He pretty much asked me to leave with the condition without giving any options. Whereas, other physicians have given me other options to try. He also has a way of talking to you like he knows everything and has a "0" sense of empathy. For the nerve compression, he WILL NOT do surgery. He says, "just live with walker and meds".
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Hamilton Township – Dec 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kamal Kalia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Kalia?
Provider explaining information to patient