Dr. Kaku Barkoh, MD

Dr. Kaku Barkoh, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  ·
Dr. Kaku Barkoh, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Tomball, TX. He graduated from University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School and specializes in orthopedic spine surgery, orthopedic surgery, and more.Read his story

13603 Michel Rd

Tomball, TX 77375

Learn about Dr. Barkoh

Dr. Barkoh's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Barkoh "Dr. Barkoh grew up in the Texas hill country. After graduating as valedictorian of his high school class, he went on to excel at Texas A&M University. During his collegiate career, Dr. Barkoh was selected as a University Scholar, President's Endowed Scholar, and received several awards for his involvement in student organizations. Majoring in biology, he graduated summa cum laude with Foundation Honors. He then matriculated to the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas. There, he received the National Medical Association's Emerging Scholar Award. Following medical school, he completed his orthopaedic surgery residency at the renowned Campbell Clinic in Memphis, Tennessee where they literally write the foremost comprehensive orthopaedic textbook in the world, Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. During residency, he had the opportunity to learn from leaders in the field of orthopaedic surgery as well as help provide care for the Memphis Redbirds, University of Memphis athletic teams, Memphis Grizzlies, and several area high school teams. Dr. Barkoh completed his spine fellowship training at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. This unique training opportunity allowed him to learn from both orthopaedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons that are recognized internationally as pioneers in minimally invasive and cervical non-fusion surgical techniques."

This content was provided by Dr. Barkoh "Dr. Barkoh believes most spine problems can be successfully treated with conservative, nonsurgical methods. But, when surgical intervention is needed, he utilizes the most advanced technology to perform minimally invasive procedures that allow patients to have a faster recovery with less post-operative pain.

"My passion is providing exceptional medical care. I carefully listen to my patients to understand their symptoms, how their symptoms impact their lives, and what their treatment goals are. The majority of patients can be treated with conservative, nonsurgical methods. Surgery is always the last option; but when necessary, I utilize minimally invasive techniques so patients have a faster recovery with less post-operative pain.""

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Barkoh does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arthritis of the Spine

Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Campbell Clinic / Univ Of Tennessee
  • University Of Southern California / Keck School Of Medicine
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Barkoh has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Barkoh has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barkoh does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barkoh and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barkoh's Reviews

4.4
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barkoh to family and friends

Dr. Barkoh's Performance

Don't bother. He hasn't helped either my son or my Dad. We are searching for a new spinal specialist. It's not him specifically. it's his office staff. They are lazy and can't even manage to send in a prescription. I have had better care from emergency rooms and urgent care.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Barkoh was wonderful. I never had surgery before and my first experience was spinal surgery and needless to say I was a little nervous/concerned. Dr. Barkoh calmly explained everything to me and didn't rush me into making my decision. After the surgery, I feel so much better and I would...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I saw Dr. Barkoh for lower back problems I was having due to pinched nerves. He was very professional and caring when reviewing my records and determining the best course of action. He was very helpful and understanding when answering my questions and concerns.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I want to thank Doctor Barkoh for for the excellent job he did on my neck fusion. After suffering from neck and back pain for 4 decades, and trying every available option, I finally met with Doctor Barkoh. Now 2 months after surgery, I feel great and getting better daily. I'm back to my hobbies...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Barkoh is someone I would recommend all of my friends and family to go to. He took the time to explain everything to me and my husband about my surgery. Was very pleased with him as a doctor and as a person.
Are you Dr. Barkoh?