Dr. Kaizad Shroff, MD

Psychiatry | Male

Rivertown Psychiatry 1520 22nd St, Columbus, GA 31901 Get Directions
(706) 223-1933

Learn about this Doctor

Our Core Values include - professional and compassionate evaluation and continuing care to adults, children and families with psychiatric issues - advocating conservative psychiatry and maintaining a great relationship with the community we serve - demonstrating a high level of compassion, care and understanding for each other and for our patients - providing a comfortable atmosphere and a clean working environment - improving our quality of care through education of our employeesRead more

Personal Bio

Mission Statement To provide professional and compassionate evaluation and continuing care to adults, children and families with psychiatric issues...Read more

Dr. Shroff's Experience

95Experience
Match

See how Dr. Shroff's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Shroff

Dr. Shroff accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Shroff has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Shroff's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shroff to family and friends
3.1
Experience with Dr. Shroff
Dr. Shroff's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (100)
Dr. Kaizad Shroff, MD says

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. This feedback is valued by our clinic and we use it to continuously improve the patient experience. If you have a concern please call the clinic at 7062231933 and ask to speak to the practice manager.

in Columbus, GA |
All of the staff are super friendly and caring. They go above and beyond to help the patients. My grandson has been seeing them for almost a year now. Couldn't be more pleased.
in Box Springs, Georgia |
He is a wonderful Dr. he saved my life. In March of 2016 I almost died from a heroin overdose and he brought me and started me on the Suboxone program and saved my life. Thank you Dr. Shroff for everything that you do.
in Columbus, GA |
This very hard to explain. Dr. Shroff and all of his staff are amazing. The staff members go above and beyond to help the patient's. Dr. Shroff is amazing with the kids, I have seen this with my grandchildren who are patient's there. I would recommend more than just Columbus, GA to Dr. Shroff, I just can't wait until he can gets more facilities so he can see even more people.
in Columbus, GA |
Excellent, I find myself looking forward to my next visit, excited to share progress with staff who cares about me!
in Columbus, GA |
The customer service is superb and very quick when you come no long waits.
in Columbus, Ga. |
Dr. Shroff has made such a difference in my life. I am so thankful that he truly cares for his patients.
in Columbus, GA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Shroff for about a year now. The first time I met with him, he took time to get to know me. This established good patient-provider rapport and trust. Since then, I have looked forward to my appointments, knowing that I have someone to express my feelings and concerns with. He currently employs a courteous and professional staff whom reduce patient wait time and make an office visit time efficent. I recommend this crew to any residents of the Columbus-Phenix City area
in Columbus, GA |
very great staff. super friendly and very supportive. Would highly recommend Dr. Shroff.
in Columbus, GA |
He was very understanding and well informed.
in phenix city, Al |
pretty reasonable guy. did not let me down.
in Columbus, GA |
My son has attended services here since November 2015. We have never had a negative experience with this facility or staff. I was hesitant on having my son placed on medication, but we were at a point where that was the only option. Every question or concern has been met with the utmost care and understanding. I cannot imagine going anywhere else to have my son treated. I am forever grateful for the education and support that our family receives.
in Columbus, GA |
Dr. Shroff was a kind and professional. He shook my hand while introducing himself, and it made me feel like he was dedicated to his patients. He was extremely easy to speak with, and I was confident in his ability.
in Columbus, GA |
Dr. Shroff has taken the time to listen to what problems that my son was having in school and at home. I really appreciated the fact that he took the time to see us and focus on what my son's primary issues were. I don't know where we would be if I was not referred by a friend to come to him. I would recommend him to anyone that are now sure on where to get good psychiatric evaluations.
in fort mitchell, al |
i would recommend Dr. Shroff to family and friends. I appreciate the caring nature of the doctor. I feel that my needs are met.
in Columbus, GA |
I was completely against having my daughter medicated. We are in our second school year of being on medication and my daughter is thriving!!! Newest progress report had one B and the rest A's!!! Thanks to everyone in the office for helping and making each visit pleasant!!
in Columbus, GA |
This was the best visit ever Ms. Vicky interacted really well with my child. I am so glad we had an appointment with her today. Also, Chris at checkout is always happy when I come in.
in Columbus, GA |
Dr. Shroff was polite, kind, understanding, and answered all questions asked. Talked to our son one on one. Explained every aspect to us to our liking and was very helpful with any questions we asked. One on one communication with our son was what we were looking for with him.
in Columbus, GA |
He is a great doctor and very easy to talk to.
Columbus, GA |
I have been bringing my daughter here for 2 years. Dr. Schroff and his staff are very knowledgable treating psychiatric disorders. They listen to concerns and help find ways to improve her behavior. My daughter has greatly improved since coming here.
in Columbus, GA |
i really enjoyed talking to both of my doctors(or whatever youd call them) (sorry) i felt very comfortable telling them what was going on and all that.
in Columbus, GA |
I would recommend Dr. Shroff to all my family and friends. He is very thorough and gets to the bottom of the problem. I can call anytime if there is a problem to get it resolved quickly. He listens to any concerns I have and will prescribe accordingly.
in Columbus, GA |
My daughter (10) was struggling in school. She has always been very smart, but was having trouble paying attention. After a year we are still on the lowest dose of medication, and for the first time she made honor roll for the entire year last year!!! Understanding the problem and helping us meet out goals was not only to my satisfaction but also gave my girl a boost of confidence. We love coming to the office and updating the staff on our success!!
in Columbus, GA |
My son was having some major behavior problems. I liked the fact that they started him off on the lowest doses of medication possible and gave me the chance to see how they worked before they jumped up to the higher ones. Even after a week we could see the difference. Thank you so much!!
in phenix city, Alabama |
he was my psychiatrist several years ago, he rarely listened to me and was incredibly rude. Once a urine test came back and said that i had not taken my medications, he proceeded to yell at me even though i kept asking him to run the test again. When he finally did, it proved i had been taking my medications, the other test was a false negative. I never even received an apology.
in Columbus, GA |
I have been there six times and have not even meet this man! My child was seen by two different nurse practitioner's who don't seem to even listen. One put my child on a class four stimulant without even giving the ADHD test. The stimulant wasn't even the lowest dosage! The staff is rude. We will not be back to this office. These are powerful drugs these "People" are prescribing! I can't believe this is called a "Child Psychiatry", totally unperfectional!
in Columbus, GA |
I visited Dr. Shroff after a traumatic life event and he was completely insensitive and closed minded to the situation I was dealing with. He responded in ways to make it seem as though it was my fault for feeling a certain way. It was extremely unprofessional and caused me to start hyperventilating to which he told me to calm down. I would never recommend him to anyone I know and I hope no one has to deal with anything like I did.
in Phenix City, AL |
Depends on your needs: Dr. Schroff and staff are very friendly (give 'em a break, they deal w/us nuts DAILY!) Pros:Dr. S genuinely wants to give 100% to every patient. Diligently deal w/insr./financial for u, 3/4 visits are timely.Cons: Too many cases! This Practice puts a band aid on a lot of deep cuts when stitches are necessary. Very disappointed to be handed off to a new Dr. (+intern,cute though)4th visit,w/o warning. I came 4 Dr.Schf. If ur a Sub patient, Make your own exit strategy!!
in Fortson, GA |
Not professional at all. The other PA's are suppose to be on the same page but they are not. The staff is rude and are not helpful.
in Columbus, GA |
Dr. Shroff has been a blessing to our family- me and my sister and my kids have been seeing him for over a year. Dr. Shroff has helped us all tremendously. We admire him for being such a patient listener each and every time. Also, I like that he does more for the patient even with using less medicine. He has got me feeling better while giving me half of the medication that my previous doctor was giving me. We are v, v appreciative of Dr. Shroff and his staff.
in Columbus, GA |
Dr. Shroff is one of the foremost psychiatrists to be found anywhere. Columbus is blessed that he chose to locate here . Dr. Shroff is an exceptional physician because he cares about every detail when a patient comes into his state of the art clinic . His only objective is for the patient to get well and have a positive experience doing so. This is why Dr. Shroff s practice grew out of the small rented space so quickly - because he is the go- to psychiatrist in this area.
in Columbus Georgia |
The entire experience from his staff to each and everything in the office was AWFUL! He's a moron who doesn't care about your health. Very rude and shouldn't be able to practice made me cry for 3 hours. WORST MAN EVER!!!!
Dr shroff is very jaded, he is a no nonsense type dr he isn't open to suggestions and when my son was in a crisis situation he sent him home instead of the Bradley Center. And I absolutely cannot stand the young lady at the back desk. She's very rude she has personal conversations on her cell phone while you stand there and wait and wait and she thinks the patient should wait on her to end whatever Dr shroff is not open minded what's so ever
cataula |
Prescribed two medications with serious interactions without telling me or monitoring side effects.
Columbus, GA |
Not happy with Doctor or staff. Not helping with daughters issues. Don't recommend. I have been on hold for 34 mins I called their number on my second line and they answered in two rings I didn't even get an apology. Not going back!
in Columbus, Ga. |
Developed Xanax addiction with interdose withdrawals after seeing this doctor just over a year. Overheard office staff say, Can't help those who won't help themselves as they were dismissing one patient in need. ( If we could help ourselves, we wouldn't need a psychiatrist.)
in Columbus, GA |
Awful. All of it...doctor, office staff, wait time. Never go to this doctor or office.
Have you seen Dr. Kaizad Shroff, MD?

Compare Dr. Shroff

Why It Matters: Dr. Shroff's Board Certifications

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

Dr. Shroff says..

What distinguishes Rivertown Psychiatry is the constant focus on minimalistic medications. All psychiatrists know that medications are needed and we are happy to prescribe when specific diagnoses or criteria are met but we are hesitant to "push meds" especially when treating children.

Among other benefits is the very real advantage that if a patient is on a lower dose of medication, we have a much better chance of tapering the dose down and stopping the meds.

Treating symptoms and curing mental illness with low dose targeted medication is what we think we specialize in. This is not possible without your help as the patient or care provider of the patient. In order to give low doses, compliance is a must! We generally refer non-compliant patients out to other resources within our awesome community.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Amphetamine and Other Psychostimulant Dependence
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Conversion Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Developmental and Learning Disorders
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Pediatric Behavior Disorders
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Testing
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)
  • Psychotherapy Services

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Graduated in 2001

• Part of Mental Health Awareness week 2011
    • Part of the Speak up for Kids Campaign 2011

• Gujarati
  • Hindi

Dr. Shroff does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shroff and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Shroff's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Psychiatry
  • Board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Shroff

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Shroff's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Shroff

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Mission Statement

To provide professional and compassionate evaluation and continuing care to adults, children and families with psychiatric issues in a confidential and caring environment.

Dr. Shroff's Care Philosophy