Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD

Dr. Liu
Telehealth services available

Atlantic Spine Center - West Orange

475 Prospect Ave Ste 110 West Orange, NJ 07052

Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD is a Interventional Pain Medicine Specialist in West Orange, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Advanced Healthcare Medical Center and Hoboken University Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Liu to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Interventional Pain Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

Check Dr. Liu's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Liu's conditions and procedures:

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Gout
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Trigger Finger

Dr. Liu accepts

Dr. Liu accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)

Dr. Liu's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Liu

4.3

Dr. Liu?
  • Appointment scheduling (27)
  • Office environment (27)
  • Staff friendliness (27)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (6)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (6)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
2 years 5 months after Dr. Liu-led endoscopic microdiscectomy at L5-S1 and correcting stenosis. There have been some hiccups unrelated to the surgery but 80-90% resolution of the problem he was correcting is still holding. Very highly recommended. In-and-out same day. Very little pain from small incision and fast recovery. I stopped at my favorite restaurant for a late lunch on the way home from the surgery. That may not have been the best idea but I went for a short walk later that night and I even went to the movies 2 days later.
Apr 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
Very professional and knowledgeable great staff.
Stella K. – Feb 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
Dr Liu is an amazing Doctor! I've had severe back issues for almost 20 years. Most doctors couldn't understand how I was even able to walk, let alone try to live a normal life. I was living on pain meds and fighting the pain until my left leg went completely numb, and stayed that way for several months. I knew it was time to do something and I called Dr Liu. His staff walked me through everything. The surgery went well and I recovered within 2 weeks of surgery. If you're like me and afraid of surgery, so you just keep waiting in pain. DON'T!!! Call Dr Liu and his amazing staff!!! You won't be sorry you did. Take it from me (3 weeks into recovery and doing great)...
  • Long wait times
RJ Kipling – Jan 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
The best part about Dr. Liu is he didn’t jump right into surgery, but instead recommended physical therapy and cortisone shots which brought my pain level down. After about a 8 months and the leveling off of the COVID the pain level remained around 5 and Dr Liu recommend that I would benefit from surgery. I underwent 2 outpatient surgeries to relieve pinched nerves, 1st was a Foraminitomy on C-5/C-6 which gave me full mobility and significant pain relief. The 2nd was a Discectomy & Forominotomy on L-5 & S-1 which gave me the same result. Having the pins and needle gone in both my toes and fingers has given me my life back. I also would like to thank the surgical coordinator Paola for going the extra mile and getting my pre-op test completed and contacting me post-op to see how I was doing. Thanks also goes out to the surgical center and team for make me comfortable and safe during my surgery.
Cheryl W – Dec 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
dr. liu is very patient and very direct pointing out the problems
Xiaohan Z. – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
If it wasn't for this guy here i would have not known what exactly was wrong with me. I appreciate Dr. Liu for leading me to everyone i have came encountered with. Just like he has lead me in the right direction he will do the same for you as well and all that is with him.. Beautiful people they are ...
Willie M. – Mar 03, 2020
Excellent.
Anonymous – Mar 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
I am a 89 year-old patient and started suffering unbearable pain on my right hand side from my waist down starting about 2 years ago. After no obvious result of trying physical therapies and taking pain medication, i found Dr Lou for his medical expertise that I had lumbar laminectomy and foraminotomy at L4-5 on the right. Dr Liu was very patient, thorough and offered a lot of support throughout the process. Due to my age concern for surgery , there were a lot of back and forth with his entire medical team. They were very supportive, professional, fair and transparent with me about their opinions and suggestions. I have no doubt my successful surgery is mainly due to their professionalism and passion for their patient. Thank you Dr Liu and your entire medical team. You are truly amazing.
Jane Chen – Feb 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
I had the endoscopic anterior cervical discectomy procedure done in July 2019 and it didn't work for me...I woke up feeling the same symptoms. As a result, I had a new MRI with the addition of a CT scan. The images showed the same level of nerve compression . The CT also showed the back part of the vertebrae was bone on bone which Dr. Liu failed to rule out prior to surgery. The fact that it's bone on bone, just removing part of the disc is not enough to decompress the nerve roots. Dr. Liu should have known this procedure was not going to work for my case.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
Dr. Liu did my Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy, Left C6/7 surgery two week ago, i fly from Tennessee Wednesday have surgery on Friday and fly back home next day, I was so thankful ,i am already feeling better, I am starting my PT next week Dr. Liu was amazing and very professional and takes great care of me,also respond my call immediately, i highly recommend to go Atlantic Spine Centre. I want to also say thank you Paola who explain me everything also setup my CT and Blood check very fast, also she make sure before and after surgery i am Ok I want to thank you to all staff member they all are Awesome!
Nisha Roy – Dec 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
My wife went to multiple doctors and all they did was give her pain medication, a doctor friend of ours recommended Dr. Lu he performed a Lumbar Discectomy and foraminotomy L5-S1, her pain is virtually gone. we should have gone to Atlantic Spine Clinic from day one..
Sandra Martinez – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
Reply Dr Liu is simply the best. A talented surgeon and healer, he is also a caring gentleman. I walked in using a walker and left the recovery room from a bilateral lumbar laminectomy and foraminotomy at L4-5 on the right on my own power. This is the real deal!! His office staff and the surgical suite staff are equally wonderful and gracious. So worth having this done. Thank you, Dr Liu. No more walker, no more cane; Dr. Liu took away my pain!!!! Surgery was 9/19; feeling great!!!
Deb K – Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
After receiving consultations at penn medicine, Jefferson university and Rofman institute in Philadelphia I finally found Dr K Liu. I was evaluated by the best orthopedic and neurosurgeons in the Philadelphia area for my 2 herniated discs and significant spinal stenosis. I tried all non surgical treatments including stem cell treatments with limited success. I was reluctant to do the “open back procedure” because of the 6-12 week down time and potential limitations that may happen as a result. In additions many reports indicate 50% success rates after spinal surgery. Dr Liu took the time to review my mri scan and detailed the endoscopic surgical procedure. In addition this would be out patient surgery with no hospitalization! The day of surgery came, I walked out after 3 hours of surgery. 8 days later I was back to work seeing patients myself. I now have the ability to pick up my grandchildren, resume deep sea fishing and martial arts trading again. He restored my life. Outstanding!
Dr. George E. White in Phoenixville, PA – Jun 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
This doctor helped me when even a hospital head neurosurgeon couldn't. He gave me my life back. Be surprised. He actually cares, he is a very hard worker and is exceptionally skilled. I have been nothing pleased with my result. I WILL use him in the future if required. All of his staff have been very professional.
May 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
Did the L4 and L5 epidural inj and it relieved my pain enormously. Dr. Liu was amazing and very professional and takes great care of me. As well as Dr. Arora was very polite and professional. A big thank you to Johanna Peseros for assistaning me with my appointment and reminders whenever a follow up is coming close. Highly recommend !!
Gelber Melgar Portillo in Roselle, NJ – Nov 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
Dr. Liu gave me an expert opinion which was exactly what I expected to hear. He recommended a procedure that was very successful. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs his skill set.
Janis Moten in Bronx, NY – Nov 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
Dr. Liu and the entire staff at Alantic spine are outstanding! They provide the best patient care and treat each patient as a priority. I have worked with Atlantic Spine for 10 years and would recommend them highly to anyone looking for excellent health care service.
Meghan M. in Edison , NJ – Jul 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
I have been a patient of Atlantic Spine Center for several years. I myself have a lot of meducal issues, and just wanted to say how wonderful the treatment is there bedside manor and the office staff. I especially want to thank Dr Liu and Dr Chang for always being there for me weather it's be trying to control my pain or just a sholder to cry on. I would also like to thank Paula for taking a notice to something that didn't look right to her & got right on it. Thank your these are top.docs.
Cindy Policastro in Parsippany , NJ – Jul 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?
I was attended to as soon as I walked in and Dr. Liu exactly my systom I so happy that I reached out to Atlantic Spine.. Mike ty so much for your help you are the best...
Sonia Ramos in Bronx NY – May 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Kaixuan Liu, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Liu?

Dr. Kaixuan Liu was born in the countryside of Hubei Province in China. Dr. Liu’s dream of becoming a doctor came true after he earned his medical degree...Read more

• Interventional Pain Medicine

Advanced Orthopedics of South Florida
St Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital Center (New York)
St Lukes-Roosevelt Hospital Center (New York)

• Mandarin