Dr. Kai Chi, DMD

Dr. Kai Chi, DMD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery  |
Female
Dr. Chi is a board certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, and is a Diplomat of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Chi grew up in South America and Taipei, Taiwan. At the age of 16, she came to the United States by herself to pursue her education. Dr. Chi has been living in Philadelphia since 1999, after extensive travels in her youth. Dr. Chi completed her undergraduate education with magna cum laude at Washington University in St. Louis, MO in 1997, earning Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and German, while she continued to place emphasis on her music education as a pianist. After college, she received the DAAD scholarship to do research in bio-organic chemistry in Munich, Germany. Dr. Chi returned to the United States afterwards, completed her dental training, and received her Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from the University of Pennsylvania, School of Dental Medicine, where she graduated with honors. She also received Master of Higher Education from U Penn Graduate School of Education, while pursuing her dental education at Penn. After graduating from dental school, Dr. Chi completed her general surgery internship as well as oral and maxillofacial surgery training as chief resident at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. During residency, Dr. Chi also completed her medical training and received her MD degree from Jefferson (currently, Sidney Kimmel) Medical College. Dr. Chi received extensive training in dentoalveolar surgery, orthodontic surgical procedures, placement of dental implants, oral facial pathology, medical and surgical management of sleep apnea, complex facial trauma and reconstruction surgery, cosmetic surgery, treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders, sedation and general anesthesia. She also received excellent medical training in all aspects of medicine. Since the completion of her residency training in 2009, Dr. Chi has worked as an associate oral surgeon in southern New Jersey (Cherry Hill & Willingboro), and voted as best oral surgeon in the region in 2015. She now returns to Philadelphia to open her solo practice, with primary focuses on wisdom teeth / dental extractions, dental implants / bone graft / sinus lift, esthetic facial treatment, orthodontic surgical procedures, pre-prosthetic surgery, and treatment of oral lesions. Before becoming an oral surgeon, Dr. Chi was a classical pianist and a published author. She has travelled extensively around the globe in her youth, and now calls Philadelphia home – raising three children with her cellist husband in center city. In her free time, she enjoys doing yoga, spending time with her family in outdoor activities, travelling, and taking advantage of the vibrant cultural life the city has to offer.

1740 South St Ste 302

Philadelphia, PA 19146

• Ameritas
  • CompBenefits Corp.
  • Dental Network of America
  • DenteMax
  • Dominion Insurance

Learn about Dr. Chi

This content was provided by Dr. Chi "Our Mission: To create an extraordinary oral and maxillofacial surgical practice that is dedicated to providing the utmost comfortable experience through great customer service, individualized attention and necessary care; a practice that is highly regarded by our patients, healthcare professionals and the community at large, while establishing honesty, integrity, and dependability throughout all facets of our line of work.

While encompassing high standards, safety, quality care, safety and expertise, we are dedicated to extending our compassion to all those in our community. We strongly believe that it is our responsibility to provide the highest quality of treatment and empathy to every patient we encounter. We promise to constantly challenge ourselves to stay current with all education and topics pertinent to our profession and be intuitive to the needs of our patients in any situation."

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery

• Laser Lingual Frenectomy
  • Oral Conscious Sedation
  • Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
  • i-CAT® 3D Dental Imaging

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Washington University, St Louis
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1997
  • Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
    Medical School | Graduated 2006
  • University Of Pennsylvania / School Of Dental Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2003
  • Thomas Jeff U Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Chi has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese, Mandarin
  • German

Dr. Chi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chi to family and friends
Dr. Chi's Performance
in Philadelphia, PA |
My experience with doctor Chi was incredible. Her office is so cute! She and her staff were very kind to me. She was able to see me last minute and the procedure was quick and extremely well done. The pain after the procedure was minimal to none and I was coherent and calm waking up from the procedure, which was a pleasant surprise to me having had another oral surgery in the past. I would most certainly recommend Dr. Chi and her team to anyone!
in Philadelphia, PA |
I went here to get my wisdom teeth removed. 4 weeks after my surgery, it seems as though I have not even had it removed! Healed wonderfully. All the staff is kind and caring! I went under and didn't feel any pain. Very professional, clean, and nice! Dr. Chi and her staff are very fun and professional. They all seem to love and enjoy their work and it is an environment that seems very lively. I'd recommend everyone that lives nearby to come and get their teeth checked out or done here! So far out
in Philadelphia, PA |
Dr. Chi is an excellent and kind surgeon who makes you feel at ease about getting oral surgery. I had my wisdom teeth extracted and thanks to her and the wonderful staff there the procedure was pain-free and my post surgery recovery went without a hitch. Thank you, Dr. Chi for your excellent care. I definitely recommend her for anyone who has to get any form of oral surgery in the future.
in Cherry Hill, NJ |
Dr. Chi is a very gentle and caring oral surgeon. She talks to you and answers every question so that you never feel rushed. I highly recommend her for any extractions you may need.
in Philadelphia,PA |
Dr. Chi was a referral from my general dentist to have my wisdom teeth removed and she was the perfect choice! She explained in detail what would happen on the day of my procedure and it made me feel completely comfortable. I barely felt any pain following and healed so quickly. I would recommend her to anyone who needs an oral surgeon! She is gentle, efficient, and her staff is great as well! :o)
in Moorestown, NJ |
Dr. Chi is absolutely amazing. She is very professional and very skilled as an oral surgeon. I felt comfortable at my appointment and my wisdom teeth were out before I knew it! I will definitely recommend to all of my friends and family. Thank you Dr. Chi and all of your staff :)
in Philadelphia, PA |
Thoroughly surprised with the level of care and thoughtfulness every member of the staff exemplified. I had my four wisdom teeth extracted. They were very patient in addressing all of my concerns during the consultation and even following through after the surgery was done. Dr. Chi is an expert in her field - my surgery was over quicker than expected and it wasn't the least bit rushed. Dr. Chi and her staff made sure I was comfortable and okay every step of the way. Very thorough excellent care.
in Philadelphia, PA |
It's was quick and the staff was amazingly nice!
Thank you Shameria; we strive for excellence and are happy to hear that you had a very positive experience! Best, Dr. Kai-Zu Chi DMD, MD
Have you seen Dr. Kai Chi, DMD?

See our Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Specialist at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital—Jefferson Health

Visit Dr. Chi