Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD

Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  ·

Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 24 years. He specializes in orthopedic spine surgery and orthopedic surgery.Read his story

ColumbiaDoctors Orthopedics

• Complex Spine Surgery
  • Craniocervical Disorders
  • Disc Arthroplasty
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminectomy
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Spondylosis
  • Torticollis

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

4.5

Dr. Riew?
Dr. Riew's Performance
What People Say About Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD
Dr. Riew takes time to know his patients. He makes us (my wife and I) feel very comfortable. He takes time to explain what needs to be done. Dr. Riew did a Cervical Discs surgery on my neck 4 weeks ago. The surgery was success. I felt no more pain. Thank you Dr. Riew. You are the BEST!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
Very thoughtful, paid detailed attention to test results and my "story", wonderful style balancing warmth with professionalism. However, be prepared to wait.....as he gives generously of his time. He certainly won my trust after the hour he spent with me, and admittedly, I'm not easily impressed. Dr. Riew appears to be an outstanding asset to the NYP community. I recommend him with enthusiasm.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
Dr. Daniel Riew was very thorough and answered all my questions. I will have some more tests and schedule another meeting with him to discuss what steps to take next.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
Had a cervical spine issue. Dr Riew was third doctor I consulted. He clearly is the top specialist in his field. Was very knowledgeable about my issue and very informative about my options. Did not rush to surgery first. Would recommend him highly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
My husband had surgery with him 5 years ago. He was a spinal neurosurgeon, so he could have gone to anyone in the world but chose to go to Dr. Riew, as everyone in the business knows that he is the best there is. He had been suffering for years until his hands got so numb that he couldn't operate safely. Dr. Riew's operation cured him and he returned to work for another 3 years before retiring. He passed away unexpectedly last year but never had a day of neck problems since the surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
Wait wait wait wait wait (like 4+hours in the reception area!!!) and then be told by Riew that you really need to have a fusion but he won’t operate on you because your case is too risky. I thought doctors are supposed to “do no harm.” Isn’t leaving a patient in severe pain and with terrible radiculopathy doing harm. Or is there a greater chance of harming Riew’s reputation?this office is terrible. Reception area is unorganized and mean. Riew didn’t eve do the exam. Nurse and PA do all the work
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
9 years ago he did surgery on my husband. Outcome not good, Dr was a primadona, and followup was just a joke. And because of all the hardware he put in, no other Dr will touch my husband's problem.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
Had an anterior and posterior fusion not quite two weeks ago. People cannot believe I had such a huge surgery (C2-T1) such a short time ago. Each day I notice improvement. I was given a soft collar only, and told to wear it only if I wanted to. Don’t need it at all. It was really painful that first week or so but if you need Cervical surgery do not go anywhere else. Dr. Riew is the only man I will trust to operate on my neck. Also, 5 stars to NYPH staff. Thank you!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
Extremely competent and experienced with willingness to explain and discuss issues and clinical recommendations. Was patient and took time to be certain the patient understood the reasons for his conclusions and suggestions. This was a very positive experience. Strongly recommend and trust Dr Riew.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
Dr. Riew spent enough time with me to answer all my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all which seems to happen with many doctors. He carefully went over my MRI with me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
I went to Dr. Rieu for my 4 th option about cervical herniated disc. I found his staff and he to be very pleasant, very helpful and Dr. Riew, explained my condition,and gave me my options. I have elected to try medication first before surgery, but if I do have surgery I will go to him for the procedure. Thank you Dr. Riew and staff for making my visit both informative and a good experience. Susan Morrison
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
Excellent knowledge of the subject. Discussed details of the surgery and answered all my questions. I would recommend him to others with the same condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
The Doctors Doctor. Pure quality. No BS Knows what and how to treat. Cuts thru the unnecessary noise and focuses on the patient. Best you can get
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
I have had severe Rheumatoid Arthritis for 43 of my 45 years of life, and when I was diagnosed with cervical stenosis it was a BIG problem. It was going to be an extremely delicate and risky surgery; so much so, that no surgeon I went to in my home state would touch me ! Finally, one of them thankfully knew about Dr. Riew and said I should look him up. Dr. Riew saved my life; he gave me back my walking and doing what I love ! He is my miracle worker ! ! Thank goodness we have Dr. Riew ! !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
500 Characters was not enough. Dr. Riew only does cervical surgeries. If you were told you might need a cervical spine surgery please see Dr. Riew. He is the only doctor you will need to see. I found out about Dr. Riew when it was too late for me. The remedy now required for me will be quite quite extensive. He is a doctor you can trust. This is coming from a person who lost complete trust in doctors until I met Dr. Riew. I only wish I knew of him sooner for me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
500 characters is not enough! I will make this simple, after seeing other physicians I can state emphatically if you have a neck you seriously think needs surgical correction do NOT see anyone else BUT Dr. Riew! Get the best, he understands the neck better than anyone else and is a skilled surgeon. I have been all over the country seeking answers and he had them when others didn't and now after a decade I am pain free and recovering spectacularly from a recent major surgery,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
In early 2017, I faced a dilemma. My daughter, who sustained a neck injury as a teen, needed help again with her spine. I knew she already had two surgeries in Hawaii. I fretted about how to best help her. In a leap of faith, I checked a couple BEST SURGEONS IN THE US lists and found 3 cervical surgeons who were on BOTH lists. Dan Riew was one of them. Dr Riew is absolutely an expert surgeon and his team is superb as well. My daughter had the best help possible on the planet. Thanks!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
My initial meeting with Dr. Riew was immensely informative and helpful in my consideration of committing to cervical spinal surgery. Dr. Riew thoroughly reviewed both the medical evidence supporting the need for surgery as well as the full range of options and trade-offs between alternative procedures. He easily established a positive rapport and we had a candid dialog regarding pre and post operative experiences and outcomes. Dr. Riew's impressive credentials were clearly evident.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
.Everyone associated with Dr. Riew during our visit was exceptional. From the receptionist who greeted us with a handshake and a smile to the nurses who met with us after our consultation with Dr. Riew to ensure we were clear on the proposed plan, the experience was top notch. Dr. Riew was the highlight of the experience. He spent a lot of time and we never felt rushed. I hope to avoid surgery, but if it is required I know I am in the best hands with Dr. Riew and his exceptional team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. K Daniel Riew, MD?
I came to Dr. Riew for a second opinion and I'm very glad I did. He was extremely knowledgeable and caught something on my MRI that others had missed. He was very thorough, as was his assistant. He explained all of my options plainly and discussed every possible complication even though he felt they were unlikely. I left feeling greatly relieved and optimistic at my prognosis. I would highly recommend Dr. Riew to anyone.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Riew?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Riew treats patients.

Compare Providers