Dr. Justin Shaw, MD

Dr. Justin Shaw, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Justin Shaw, MD is an ophthalmology specialist in Lancaster, PA and has been practicing for 3 years. He graduated from Pa State Univ Coll Of Med in 2010 and specializes in ophthalmology and cataract surgery.Read his story

485 Royer Dr # 103

Lancaster, PA 17601

• Amerihealth
  • Capital Blue Cross
  • Geisinger Health Plan
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Shaw

See how frequently Dr. Shaw performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Glaucoma
Entropion
high
Blepharitis

Dr. Shaw's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Shaw's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shaw " Dr. Justin M. Shaw is a board certified, fellowship trained physician and surgeon, and is a specialist in medical and surgical management of glaucoma, cataract, and general ophthalmology. He grew up in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, where he graduated from Hempfield High School. He attended Millersville University, where he graduated summa cum laude from the university honors college. Dr. Shaw attended medical school at the Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey, PA, where he decided to pursue a career ophthalmology. He performed his medical internship at the Johns Hopkins University/ Sinai Hospital program in internal medicine, and performed his ophthalmology residency training at the Krieger Eye Institute at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, where he served as chief resident during his final year. He performed additional fellowship training in the medical and surgical management of glaucoma at the prestigious Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, ranked consistently as the number one eye institute in the United States. He returned to Pennsylvania after fellowship training where he worked for 2 years in Wyomissing, PA before returning to his native Lancaster to join Eye Doctors of Lancaster in 2017. Dr. Shaw resides with his wife Erin and their 4 children in Lancaster County, where they enjoy spending time together, especially outdoors. They are members of Calvary Church in Lancaster. Dr. Shaw also enjoys acting, writing, running, and hiking, and holds a first degree black belt in ATA taekwondo. Dr. Shaw is a compassionate and highly trained physician and surgeon who strives to treat his patients with excellence in all regards. He adheres to the Hippocratic Oath taken at the outset of medical training, as well as the words of Jesus Christ to do to others as you would have done to you. "I try to treat my patients as I would want myself and my family to be treated, and this informs every decision I make.""

This content was provided by Dr. Shaw "Dr. Shaw is a compassionate and highly trained physician and surgeon who strives to treat his patients with excellence in all regards.  He adheres to the Hippocratic Oath taken at the outset of medical training, as well as the words of Jesus Christ to do to others as you would have done to you.  "I try to treat my patients as I would want myself and my family to be treated, and this informs every decision I make.""

• Ophthalmology

• Retina Diseases
  • Retinal Detachment and Retinal Tear
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Senile Cataracts

• Medical and Surgical Management of Glaucoma
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery
  • Peripheral Iridotomy
  • Sutureless Cataract Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery
  • YAG Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

• Pa State Univ Coll Of Med
  • Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2014
  • Bascom Palmer Eye Inst University Miami
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2015

Dr. Shaw has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shaw does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shaw and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shaw's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Shaw to family and friends
based on 17 total reviews (9 with comments)

Dr. Shaw's Performance

Office environment
Staff friendliness
Average wait time
Dr. Shaw Says:

I am blessed and humbled by your comments.  It is deeply gratifying to know that I am in line with my goal to provide my patients with the same care I would give to a family member.  Thank you so much!

Dr. Shaw is very patient oriented, he always has time for my problems and questions. I never feel like he is rushing to get to his next patient. Due to his diligence I have complete faith that he will find and correct a problem with my eyes before it becomes a major problem. I would recommend...more
A wonderful doctor and a true professional. His expertise improved my vision so that I rarely have to use my glasses anymore.
A very kind and caring doctor. Doesn't rush to get you out. Explains everything so you understand what he needs to do. Would recommend him to all my friends in fact I already did.
I had a cataract, and Glaucoma in my right eye. Dr.Shaw removed the cataract, and installed a drain in my eye. Everything successful, he is pleased, so am I!
i think he's very courteous, professional, through, and very inspiring for going ahead with my eye care choices. i've already recommended him to one of my clients, my family and another friend.

Are you Dr. Shaw?