Dr. Justin Owen, MD

Dr. Justin Owen, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Justin Owen, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Slidell, LA. He is 42 years old and has been practicing for 12 years.

1051 Gause Blvd Ste 400

• Golden Rule
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Owen

See how frequently Dr. Owen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Spine Fractures, Traumatic
Thoracic Spine Fracture

Dr. Owen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Tumor
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Disc Degeneration
  • Medulloblastoma
  • Meningiomas
  • Metastatic Cancer
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

• Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intrathecal Drug Delivery System Insertion
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Kyphosis Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Spinal Tumor Surgery
  • Spine Fracture Treatment
  • Spine Surgery
  • Vertebroplasty

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences
    Medical School | Graduated 2005

Dr. Owen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Owen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Owen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Owen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Owen to family and friends
Dr. Owen's Performance
in Slidell, LA.. |
Dr. Owen did surgery on my neck. When I met with him the first time he explained the problem and what he would do to fix it . Although he could not guarantee I would be pain free he felt I would benefit greatly from the surgery. I decided to do surgery. Dr. Owen talked with me before surgery as well as after. After 18 months I am out of chronic pain. THANK YOU DR. JUSTIN OWEN!!
in slidell, la |
Being referred to Dr. Owen was a Godsend for me. I have already referred friends and family to him. Dr. Owen is easy to talk to, very kind and understanding. I am equally impressed with Dr. Owen's Physicians Assistant, Paige Marler, who is extremely compassionate and knowledgeable.
in Mandeville, LA |
The Entire Staff is Excellent! Everyone listens completely and explains everything very well. Dr. Owen asked questions that were right on point to help me understand. Paige Marler, PA does as well. I felt very comfortable with both of them right at the first visit. Give it to you straight and with compassion. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Owen and his Staff. Liz Burmaster
in ponchatoula, la |
Dr. Owens is one of the best Neurosurgery doctors that has done surgery on me, I've already had two back surgery's prior to Dr. Owens doing neck surgery on me. I had severe back pain and pain shooting down my legs, after surgery with Dr. Owens all my pain is now gone, I feel really good and can stay on my restricted duties for the next month and the best part is I've have gotten my driving my car back. Dr. Owens is one of the best doctors I had the right to get to know. Thank You
Westwego, LA |
on a scale of 1-10, I give him a 10 plus. He is a great doctor.
in Metairie, LA |
I had a herniated disc and was in very bad pain on the left side of my body from my hip to my knee. I had tried everything to get relief. I tried cortisone shots, physical therapy, chiropractic adjustments and three epidurals from a pain management physician. Nothing helped. I made an appt. to see Dr. Owen and he told me that he felt confident that he could relieve my pain with a one inch incision in my back. It was like a miracle. Immediately after surgery the pain was 100% gone forever.
in Slidell, LA |
Dr. Owen did a very good job. If needed I would do again. I have recommended him to others.
Mandeville, LA |
Great!!!:))
in Slidell, LA |
Very successful surgery on my neck.
Slidell, LA |
Do not ever see his physician assistant. And probably worst front desk service both in office and on phone I have ever dealt with!
in New Orleans, LA |
He's the best. It's as simple as that.
in Slidell |
Awesome Doctor! He performed my son's surgery in 2012, a surgery that we had never heard of before, which replaced a shunt that he had had for over ten years. The surgery went well and my son has been doing great since that time with no complications.
in Mandeville, LA |
Dr. Owen is an extraordinary surgeon! After interviewing 3 physicians, I knew that he was the best candidate to perform my spinal fusion. I am only 2 weeks post op and feel better than I have in 15 years. His bed side manner is perfect-he is compassionate and thorough. He knew that I was afraid and eased my fears each time we spoke. I cannot rave enough about his skill and professionalism. He has changed my life and I am eternally grateful that I found him. Wonderful staff also!
in Mandeville, LA |
Friendly staff. Knowledgeable, friendly MD. I highly recommend.
in Slidell, LA |
Dr Owen performed my double level fusion. He not only is an amazing Dr, he has a wonderful bedside manner. I would recommend him to my own children and definitely would recommend him to anyone in need of the services he provides. He is compassionate and down to earth, and I've never regretted my surgery. He is certainly a pioneer in his field.
in Slidell, LA |
Before I started seeing Dr. Owen, I was suffering from excruciating back, hip and leg pain. After meeting with Dr. Owen, he explained all options, and we agreed to what we felt to be the best treatment plan. He performed a lumbar fusion, with anterior approach. Since the surgery, my pain has completely resolved and I am able to perform my normal daily activities comfortably for the first time in a year. Dr. Owen is a great doctor who always keeps the best interest of his patients at heart.
in New Orleans, LA |
Great Experience! Before I came I could barely talk. Now I feel great! I have my life back. He is awesome.
Awesome Dr.
in Slidell, LA |
Professional, friendly, great bedside manner, he listens and explains what's needed and why. He doesn't rush you out the door. Extremely good surgeon!
in Slidell, LA |
Took a few months to actually get to see him, but well worth the wait. Think that it takes a bit to get an appointment because he's just that good. I have complete relief after my surgery. He is literally my hero right now.
Marrero, LA |
Dr. Owen is very patient friendly. He explained my injury and how to fix it the first visit. After my surgery I feel 100% better!!
in Poplarville, MS |
Very quiet, kind and considerate Dr. Takes your opinions and worries into consideration.
in Slidell, La |
Dr Owen is the best! I have been contemplating surgery for over 12 years and always said no. After my second visit with Dr. Owen I was ready to schedule a surgery that was long overdue. He changed my life by giving me my life back with being my surgeon. Very professional, first class and a true hero in my eyes. Thank you, Dr. Owens!
in Kiln, MS |
Excellent Surgeon, very knowledgeable, very caring, and great bedside manner.
in Carriere, Ms 39426 |
Dr Owen was the most caring and kindest Doctor I had the pleasure of meeting. When he explained that I had hydrocelphus and needed a shunt I was afraid but, with his expertise I had the surgery and am now fully recovered and discharged. I would recommend him to anyone!!
in Kiln, MS |
Dr. Owen has an excellent bed-side manner, he is very knowledgeable and readily shares what he knows with the patient. Dr. Owen performed a fusion for me and gets a 5 star rating all around. Outstanding experience!
in Mandeville, LA |
Craniotomy and kyphoplasty surgeries successfully resolved my meningioma and L1 fracture. Under Dr. Owen's care, I made a full recovery and experienced excellent aftercare. He is confident, straightforward, and easy to talk to. Thank you, Dr. Owen for restoring my quality of life. I recommend him wholeheartedly.
in Slidell, LA |
Awesome doctor! Aside from being a great surgeon and practitioner, he excels at communication and providing the appropriate information with all of your options. He is extremely personable and professional. As a medical professional myself, I would recommend Dr. Owen as the best neurosurgeon on the Northshore!
in Picayune, Ms |
Dr. Owen and his staff are wonderful, best experience i've ever had with a Dr.
in Pearl River, LA |
Dr. Owen is a rock star. His bedside manner, his follow thru with me before, during, and after surgery has been outstanding. He truly cares for his patients. I have recommended him to friends. Dr. Owen was able to get them in immediately where as they had to wait for weeks for other doctors.
in Slidell, LA |
Dr. Owen diagnosed my pain problem. Gave me different options: time, shots or surgery. Pain was severe enough I opted for surgery. Minor discomfort from surgery. Prescribed physical therapy. Between surgery and physical therapy afterwards, I feel better than before this pain flared up.
in Franklinton, LA |
He is a perfectionist, which I appreciated. He found what was wrong with me at my first visit to see him. I had been to plenty of Doctors that never knew what was going on with me. I recommend him to everyone.
Richland, MS |
Very well pleased with Dr. Owen. I cannot thank him enough for everything.
in Slidell, LA |
Very good communicator and nice.
in Mandeville, LA |
Dr. Owen is absolutely lovely! I would recommend him to everyone. He listens well to problems and concerns, explains everything from what is causing my problem to what could potentially fix my problem. He and his staff went above and beyond when we were getting the run-around from my previous insurance company, and any time I called they were well informed of my specific case and where we were at in the process.
in Slidell, LA |
I would refer Dr. Owen to any one.
in Marrero, LA |
I had a fusion surgery done on my lower back and I'm totally feeling 100 percent better . a great experiment
Slidell, LA |
Excellent surgeon. Corrected the problem when others failed to, called in another expert doctor to assist in the operation and recovery where required, gives more than adequate time per patient to answer all questions and/or concerns of the patient and family. Would recommend him to anyone with a similar problem.
in Bay Saint Louis, MS |
He is positively the most kind, gentle, informative doctor I have ever come in contact with and I have had many doctors of all kinds and specialties in my life starting when I was about 4. When you go into a hospital and the employees, even the janitor, tell you that you have a good doctor, you know that you do.
in Mandeville, LA |
Dr Owen is wonderful! Did my spinal surgery and fixed my problem. As an ICU nurse and patient of Dr. Owen I HIGHLY recommend him!
in Kenner, LA |
As a family member of a patient, I was very impressed with Dr. Owen. He explaineded everything thorougly and made us feel very comfortable. The care my family member received from him and the staff at Slidell Memorial was excellent. I would highly recommend him to other family and friends.
Slidell, LA |
I highly recommend Dr. Owen.
in Slidell, LA |
He was very knowledgeable and personable. He seems to truly care and it shows in his questions and attentiveness during your surgery and appointments. I would recommend him to everyone I meet.
in Slidell louisiana |
I will never recommend Dr.Owen to anyone in my family or my friends or to any of my patients that I take care of as he is very unprofessional and did not take the time to explain what was going on my with family member or listen to any of my questions.
Have you seen Dr. Justin Owen, MD?
Are you Dr. Owen?