Sports Medicine  |
Dr. Justin Newman, MD
As an orthopedic surgeon native to Colorado, Dr. Justin Newman understands the importance of an active lifestyle. Using the most innovative techniques supported by the best research, his practice focuses on returning his patients to sports, work and activity as quickly as possible. This includes helping his patients to resolve sports injuries, and to heal and preserve their hips, knees and shoulders. His dedication to you as a patient begins with your very first visit, and continues throughout the recovery process. Originally from Holyoke, Colorado, Dr. Newman grew up farming and ranching in a small community. He attended the University of Denver on a Boettcher Foundation Scholarship. While at the University of Denver, he dedicated a year to gaining international exposure, which included performing research on the Galapagos Islands and studying at The University of London and at La Universidad Católica de Valparaíso in Chile. After graduating with Honors, he pursued his medical degree at The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. During his time as a medical student, he traveled to Peru to further his research on the importance of the doctor-patient relationship. Dr. Newman also devoted a year to researching orthopedic trauma at Denver Health Medical Center. Dr. Newman completed his internship and orthopedic surgery residency at The University of Colorado and was then accepted as an orthopedic fellow at the prestigious Steadman Clinic and Steadman Philippon Research Institute in Vail, Colorado. During this time, he mentored with some of the world's top orthopedic surgeons while treating professional athtletes from all over the world, including athletes who participate in the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, English Premier League and Ironman competitions. While working at this United States Olympic Comittee National Medical Center, he also gained unique experience in the treatment of United States Olympians and Paralympians. He is also a United States Ski and Snowboard Association consultant team physician for both international and national events.

8101 E Lowry Blvd Ste 230

Denver, CO 80230

• AARP
  • Cofinity
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • PHCS
  • Pinnacol Assurance
  • Rocky Mountain Health Plans

Learn about Dr. Newman

Dr. Newman's Experience

Dr. Newman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine
  • Orthopedic Arthroscopy
  • Orthopedic Hip Surgery
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Sports Medicine Orthopedic Joint Reconstruction

Dr. Newman does not have any board certifications listed.

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Injuries

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Labrum Repair
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• The University Of Denver (Denver, Colorado)
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2004
  • University Of Colorado Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2014
  • The Steadman Clinic and Steadman Phillppon Research Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Newman has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Newman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Newman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Newman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Newman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Newman to family and friends
Dr. Newman's Performance
in Greenwood Village |
Excellent physician. Dr. Newman is very knowledgeable in his field. Highly recommend him. Great staff members too.
Englewood, CO |
He's truly an amazing Doctor! Ive had two issues with my left knee and luckily haven't had to have surgery! Dr. Newman has an amazing bedside manner and truly cares about you getting back on the field safely!
in Denver, CO |
I thank God for real people/doctors like Dr. Justin Newman! Recently on a Sunday evening in late December, I had an accident at home and ruptured my quad tendon, OUCH! I found Advanced Ortho on the internet and called Monday morning to see about scheduling an appointment. Dr. Newman was able to see me right away, scheduled an MRI and diagnosed my injury within a couple hours of my appointment. I was able to schedule and have surgery Thursday the same week. All went well with no complications o
in Denver, CO |
Dr Newman made it easy for me to understand what was wrong with my shoulder and comfortable with his options for repair when he went to work. My shoulder surgery including reattachment of my bicep tendon went smoothly. Recovery was sure and steady and I was able to return to work in 3 weeks and back to golf and guitar faster than I anticipated. Most importantly Dr Newman and his staff understood my PTSD and Depression concerns and worked diligently to accomodate me in every way possible !!
in Parker, Co. |
Dr. Newman repaired my fractured femur collar. I was 100 percent at ease and confident with this doctor. He has a fine bedside manner. Having never broken a bone or had surgery in over sixty years I would say he is the best doctor I have ever seen across all fields.
in Parker, CO |
Earlier this year, I tore by left pectoral tendon lifting weights. I was very nervous about the needed surgery as it’s not a very common injury. Dr. Newman took the time to explain everything to me and relayed his expertise in sports medicine. He completely put my mind at ease and described everything that needed to be done. I’m so grateful to Dr. Newman for his help and for taking great care of me! I would highly recommend Dr. Newman to anyone that is in need of an orthopedic procedure.
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Newman is absolutely the best doctor I have ever been privileged to know. He cares deeply about his patients. He has a wonderful friendly personality. He takes the time to listen to concerns and explain the procedures. I was so fortunate to have him on call the night I went to the ER with a broken and dislocated ankle. He is very knowledgable and highly skilled in his field of treatment. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing the care that he provides. Thank you Dr. Newman!
in Denver, CO |
I broke my collarbone in half. I was in a lot of pain and so I was hoping for some kind of resolution quickly. The staff was very nice and got me in the next day. He took his time to get to know me, understand my situation and talked me through my different options. He talked me through the entire surgery process. I never had surgery and so I was very nervous. But, his staff and the hospital staff at Parker Adventise made the whole surgery process crazy easy. Back to part time work in 3 days!
in Northglenn, CO |
Dr Newman is one of the most caring, personable Dr I have ever experienced. He takes time to explain things and address any concerns. He's so down to earth you feel like he's a family member. You almost regret being healed, as you won't see him again!!
Have you seen Dr. Justin Newman, MD?
Are you Dr. Newman?

See our Sports Medicine Specialist at Swedish Medical Center

Visit Dr. Newman

Dr. Newman accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • AARP
    Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
  • Cofinity
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA