Dr. Justin Matrisciano, MD

Dr. Justin Matrisciano, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Justin Matrisciano, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Baton Rouge, LA. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years.

10512 S Glenstone Pl Ste 102

Baton Rouge, LA 70810

• Buckeye Community Health Plan
  • Guardian
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Matrisciano

See how frequently Dr. Matrisciano performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hypercalcemia
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Calcium Metabolism Disorders

Dr. Matrisciano's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Matrisciano "My primary goal is to create a quality endocrinology health care solution through the proper balance of medical treatment, preventative care, and education to patients and their families. "

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Cushing's Syndrome
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Metabolic Disorders

• Insulin Pump Therapy
  • Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
  • Ultrasound, Thyroid
  • Ultrasound-Guided Biopsy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Stony Brook University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • Brown University / Alpert Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Brown's Rhode Island Hospital
  • Harvard Medical School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • Lahey Clinic and Joslin Diabetes Center and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Matrisciano has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Matrisciano does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Matrisciano and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Matrisciano's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Matrisciano to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Matrisciano's Performance
Baton Rouge, LA |
Doesn’t listen, has a diagnosis in mind just from reading labs, doesn’t care about symptoms, spends 99% of the time typing on the computer and doesn’t look at the patient.
Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr Matrisciano's expertise in treating my diabetes has helped me overcome several problems that could have caused serious damage. He helped me get my blood sugars under control and I am now able to live a healthy life.
Baton Rouge, LA |
Dr Matrisciano takes his time discussing treatment options and his recommendations. he is good about answering questions and writes down detailed explanations to take home and look at later.
Baton Rouge, LA |
Saw him at BR General awhile back. After waiting 4 weeks for an appointment I was about 5 minutes late for a rush hour morning appt. and got turned away! I had another medical issue a couple years later and went to his new office. Upfront staff is terrible. Not kind or helpful plus they started some new system where they'd charge you the patient upfront in case he got stiffed by insurance, which I've never heard of. Made me uncomfortable so I switched but have to PAY per page to get my records!!
I have been going to Dr. Mat for almost 5 years I like Dr. Mat and have no problems with him but, I DO have a issue with his office staff. I as of 5 years I have been going to him recently I had a billing issue going on a year now!!!! Which his biller Tavia WILL NOT HELP ME WITH even though they need to supply tax info that I cannot supply. I have spoke with her 3 times over the year and even left 2-3 messages for Sherri the office manager and she never called me back! Need to switch doctors!
Baton Rouge, LA |
I was not feeling well and was a little late to the appointment and Dr. Matrisciano REFUSED to see me. Not even offering to reschedule, but DISMISSED me and told me I "wasn't a good fit for him" and told me to go back to my primary care doctor and find a new endocrinologist. Even though the waiting room was EMPTY, no one else was there, but Heaven forbid I was a little late so I got KICKED OUT. And I had been waiting for a MONTH to get an appointment. If the Doctor had been running behind, I wou
in baton rouge, la |
Worst Doctor ever. He doodles while talking to you. His staff nurse is rude and loss my records and blame the surgeon who had already sent them twice. How was Dr Mat treating me for 2 months with medical records? I asked for a copy of his notes for my records. It took 5 weeks to receive and cost me $6 for the following: $2 for 2 copies of the 1 page request,1 page invoice, $2 for 21 page doctors notes. I only requested 1 copy. There's not enough space whole horrible experience
in Baton Rouge, LA |
I began seeing Dr. Mat at Baton Rouge General. Everything went well until recently. The office staff did not see to speaking with me to reschedule before abruptly closing the office on the day before a holiday weekend. When asked why, the Asst. Office Manager Evangeline, became very combative. She was rude, belligerent, and ignorant. When I received a call from the Office Manager Sherry, she was no better than her subordinate and attempted to over talk me and refused to answer any questions.
in Walker, LA |
Excellent physician. Dr. Mat takes the time to explain your medical condition in great detail even going as far as drawing a diagram. He was the one that found my problem when none of the other doctors could not. Once diagnosed, he recommended an excellent surgeon. Cannot say enough good things. I have the highest confidence in him.
in Baton Rouge, LA |
the doctor spent time reviewing my history and current information. he answered my questions and explained my concerns in a way I could understand. Dr. Matrisciano put together a plan for my care that took into consideration my busy lifestyle. I left feeling confident in what I needed to do to stay healthy.
Have you seen Dr. Justin Matrisciano, MD?
Are you Dr. Matrisciano?

See our Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Specialists at Ochsner Medical Center

Visit Dr. Matrisciano