Dr. Justin LaReau, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Justin LaReau, MD
Dr. LaReau possesses a passion for orthopaedic research and humanitarian outreach. His research in orthopaedic trauma, pediatric orthopaedics, and joint replacement surgery has been presented at national meetings. His outreach efforts have included work within the United States as well as surgical mission efforts in South America. Dr. LaReau is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Dr. LaReau joined the skilled team of physicians at Hinsdale Orthopaedics in March 2010.

Dr. LaReau's Experience

See how Dr. LaReau's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. LaReau

Dr. LaReau accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. LaReau is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. LaReau has admitting privileges.

Dr. LaReau's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. LaReau to family and friends
    Dr. LaReau's Performance
    in Glen Ellyn, IL |
    Like others who have written reviews, Dr. LeReau absolutely gave me my life back. Prior t having total hip replacement 4 months ago, I could barely walk and was in excruciating pain. Dr. LeReau confidently and with compassion assured me things would greatly improve after surgery. He was so right. His entire team, Sara, Tessa, Erin and Vicky were wonderful. Dr. LeReau personally called me back when I had some concerns. There are not enough rating stars to give to Dr. LeReau and his team!
    in Tinley Park, IL |
    Dr LaReau performed my hip replacement 6 weeks ago. I was in so much pain I walked with crutches for 3 weeks before my surgery. I can't believe that in only 4 months I was walking almost a mile a day. I am now up to a mile in the morning and a mile after dinner without any pain. I can't thank Dr. LaReau enough for helping my life get back to normal. I would highly recommend him to anyone contemplating hip replacement surgery.
    in Batavia, IL |
    Dr LaReau was willing to replace my right knee when other doctors were afraid to touch it because of a history of infection from a previous surgery by a different doctor. Dr LaRue impressed me with his respectful attitude, and understanding of the latest innovations in technique, materials, and infection prevention. Because of Dr LaReau's willingness to help me, I have regained a quality of life I didn't think possible! I am very grateful!
    in Coal City, IL |
    Dr. LaReau has performed both of my hip replacements and he is amazing!!! I thought it would be a painful and long recovery, but the opposite was true both surgeries. I would recommend Dr. LaReau in a heart beat.
    Willowbrook, IL |
    Dr LaReau, is easy-going always smiling and affable. When he's not smiling, its because he is listening intently or evaluating with the Eye and expectation of a perfectionist! None of this really matters, considering that the Dr's, methods and results are that of a homerun hitter the likes of a Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Dimagio, or "Mr. Cub "Ernie Banks. That's all that really counts, isnt it complete perfection in the execution the swing and the resultant grand slam homerun! My knees are proof
    in Downers Grove, IL |
    My experience with Dr Lareau and his team at Hinsdale Orthopedics could not have been better. My total knee replacement surgery was coordinated and organized by his highly competent and caring team. From start to finish I have been pleasantly surprised and pleased at how well his team and the staff at Hinsdale Hospital worked together for my benefit and my positive health outcome. I can unreservedly recommend Dr Lareau and his staff at Hinsdale Orthopedics.
    in Elmhurst, IL |
    I am so glad I found Dr LaReau to help remedy my arthritic hips. He performed total replacement of both hips. Everything went as promised. No surprises. Great results. His entire team and personal skills doing the Anterior approach to hip replacement really payed off. I had better mobility from the day of the operation. After 4 weeks am walking and performing normal chores that I would have never expected. I felt that preparation, the procedure, could not have turned out better.
    Lansing, IL |
    I've never felt so comfortable and trusting of a doctor. Surgery was a difficult decision for me and Dr Larue made me very comfortable. The best bedside manner I have ever come across, especially since I am also in the medical field. Staff was excellent and I never felt like a number, they made it feel like we were all long time friends.
    Wheaton, IL |
    Dr. LaReau performed a hip replacement surgery on me 8 weeks ago. I am walking over two miles without a limp. I had a minor set back, as I over did it in week 5 and broke some internal stitches- they were able to fit me the schedule- perform x-rays and verify that all was fine. I was back at rehab in a few days no concerns. Dr. LaReau is a highly skilled surgeon, who is easy to communicate with and practices the latest procedures.
    in Wheaton, IL |
    Dr. LaReau is your best surgeon if you must have a hip surgery. He is a superb surgeon, his instructions to prepare patients before surgery is detailed to help you to fast recovery after surgery. I have very little pain, and was walking a cane in a week. His staff and surgerical team is also excellent.
    in Glen Ellyn, IL |
    superior skills and organization. quick recovery from my hip surgery. absolutely pain free. no complications afterwards. has to be using the very best technique available to do such a fantastic job on my 70 year old left hip joint replacement.
    in Palos Hills, IL |
    My experience with Dr. LaReau was amazing. He was confident & reassuring. He took time to listen & explained the surgery in understanding terms. I had a hip replacement & was apprehensive & stressed. The 1st time I met him his demeanor completely dissolved any stress. I knew instantly I was in very capable hands. My surgery was a complete success. His skill is above perfect & my recovery was excellent. I was up & walking right away driving & doing normal activities in just 2 weeks !
    in Burr Ridge |
    I had hip surgery with Dr LaReau 2 weeks ago and could not expect a better outcome. I was able to walk with no support after the 1st week. Pain was very minimal even through the exercises. Dr LaReau is an extremely qualified surgeon in the anterior approach hip surgery.
    in Schiller Park il |
    I have had both hips replaced this year and I feel so much better. I still am recovering from the most recent surgery with minimal concerns. Dr LaReau and staff are very accommodating and have your well being their priority ! Hindsale hospital is awesome too!
    Plainfield, IL |
    I have had both hips replaced. Dr Lareau uses the anterior approach , less invasive and much quicker recovery Great team. Surgery is never his 1st option, but when it's needed, he really is the best.
    in Lemont, IL |
    Just completed the process of a hip replacement surgery. The team at Hinsdale Orthopedics could not have been more professional during a surgery and follow up recovery. Any questions I had or phone calls concerning my husbands surgery were returned in a timely fashion and follow up on the phone calls made me feel that I was not alone after we went home. A big thank you to all of the team and I would certainly recommend Dr. LaReau and his team to anyone. I felt very supported.
    Cicero, IL |
    Dr La Reau is attentive. Precise. And caring. I've had two successful surgeries w him. An ant hip in 2014 and a TKR on 6/22.
    in Darien, IL |
    Good communications, explained the procedures, after my office visits I was very confident in his ablity to care for me. Did not rush me into surgery. After my surgery he visited me every day, set up excellent home care, set up phisical therapy post op and continued to care for me in the months that followed. Today after 4 months my knee is feeling better, no pain, very small scar.
    Have you seen Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
    Are you Dr. LaReau?

Dr. LaReau says...

Dr. LaReau possesses a passion for orthopaedic research and humanitarian outreach. His research in orthopaedic trauma, pediatric orthopaedics, and joint replacement surgery has been presented at national meetings.  His outreach efforts have included work within the United States as well as surgical mission efforts in South America.  Dr. LaReau is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons.  Dr. LaReau joined the skilled team of physicians at Hinsdale Orthopaedics in March 2010.

Dr. LaReau says...

Dr. Justin LaReau, a University of Michigan Medical School graduate, specializes in reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee.  While completing his orthopaedic surgery residency at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, Michigan, Dr. LaReau served as Chief Resident and received the Resident Research Award.  His subspecialty training includes a fellowship in adult reconstructive surgery at New England Baptist Hospital and an additional fellowship in hip preservation surgery at the Children's Hospital of Boston.

Dr. LaReau's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. LaReau has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. LaReau's Board Certifications

• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
    • Baker’s Cyst
    • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
    • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
    • Ganglion Cyst
    • Hip Fracture
    • Hip Sprain
    • Internal Derangement of Knee
    • Knee Dislocation
    • Knee Fracture
    • Knee Sprain
    • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
    • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
    • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain

New England Baptist Hospital Chestnut Hill

Completed in 2009

University of Notre Dame

Graduated in 1999

Dr. LaReau does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. LaReau and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery