Dr. Justin LaReau, MD

Dr. Justin LaReau, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  ·
Dr. Justin LaReau, MD is an orthopedic surgery specialist in Western Springs, IL and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from University of Michigan Medical School in 2003 and specializes in orthopedic surgery, reconstructive orthopedic surgery, and more.Read his story

4700 Gilbert Ave Ste 51

Western Springs, IL 60558

• HealthLink
  • Priority Health

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. LaReau's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Baker’s Cyst
  • Brachial Plexus Palsy
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Morton's Neuroma
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures
  • Total Knee Arthroplasty With Robotic Assistance

"Dr. LaReau possesses a passion for orthopaedic research and humanitarian outreach. His research in orthopaedic trauma, pediatric orthopaedics, and joint replacement surgery has been presented at national meetings. His outreach efforts have included...

• Bone & Joint Non-Surgical Orthopedics

Dr. LaReau?
Dr. LaReau's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Justin LaReau, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. LaReau is amazing. I had a frontal hip replacement and was walking the same day. I was home the day after. I feel GREAT
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
Dr LaReau replaced one knee in June 2018 and the other in November 2018. My long "list" of questions he patiently answered thoroughly. Both procedures were performed at Good Sam and went so much better than I expected. Pain level was so minimal I didn't take any pain meds after being released from the hospital. Would highly recommend anyone considering a knee replacement to schedule an appt with Dr. LaReau.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
Dr. LaReau has replaced both of my hips. The first surgery was 3 years ago and the second late last year and I have just completed my annual checkup. I left the hospital after each surgery the following day and walked out with a cane and minimal pain. He is compassionate and extremely thorough and I am happy I choose him. As with all of my experiences with Hinsdale Orthopaedics', everything went like clockwork start to finish.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
Extremely professional. Pre op and post op went exactly as planned. Excellent results with hip replacement. I recommend Dr LaReau and his team without reservation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
My hip collapsed in the socket while mowing the lawn in Aug./2017. My GP Dr. Recommended Dr. Justin LaReau, so I called his office and was told the wait for an appt. Was 5 wks.! Since I could hardly walk, I saw another Dr., but kept the orig. appt. with Dr.LaReau which actually was my 2 nd opinion. In the meantime , thru word of mouth, Dr LaReau's kept coming up-with rave reviews!! Can't tell you enough, how glad I am to have kept the appt . Dr.Lareau is the best you will find for hip surgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
Like others who have written reviews, Dr. LeReau absolutely gave me my life back. Prior t having total hip replacement 4 months ago, I could barely walk and was in excruciating pain. Dr. LeReau confidently and with compassion assured me things would greatly improve after surgery. He was so right. His entire team, Sara, Tessa, Erin and Vicky were wonderful. Dr. LeReau personally called me back when I had some concerns. There are not enough rating stars to give to Dr. LeReau and his team!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
Dr LaReau performed my hip replacement 6 weeks ago. I was in so much pain I walked with crutches for 3 weeks before my surgery. I can't believe that in only 4 months I was walking almost a mile a day. I am now up to a mile in the morning and a mile after dinner without any pain. I can't thank Dr. LaReau enough for helping my life get back to normal. I would highly recommend him to anyone contemplating hip replacement surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
Dr LaReau was willing to replace my right knee when other doctors were afraid to touch it because of a history of infection from a previous surgery by a different doctor. Dr LaRue impressed me with his respectful attitude, and understanding of the latest innovations in technique, materials, and infection prevention. Because of Dr LaReau's willingness to help me, I have regained a quality of life I didn't think possible! I am very grateful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
Dr. LaReau has performed both of my hip replacements and he is amazing!!! I thought it would be a painful and long recovery, but the opposite was true both surgeries. I would recommend Dr. LaReau in a heart beat.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
Dr LaReau, is easy-going always smiling and affable. When he's not smiling, its because he is listening intently or evaluating with the Eye and expectation of a perfectionist! None of this really matters, considering that the Dr's, methods and results are that of a homerun hitter the likes of a Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Dimagio, or "Mr. Cub "Ernie Banks. That's all that really counts, isnt it complete perfection in the execution the swing and the resultant grand slam homerun! My knees are proof
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
My experience with Dr Lareau and his team at Hinsdale Orthopedics could not have been better. My total knee replacement surgery was coordinated and organized by his highly competent and caring team. From start to finish I have been pleasantly surprised and pleased at how well his team and the staff at Hinsdale Hospital worked together for my benefit and my positive health outcome. I can unreservedly recommend Dr Lareau and his staff at Hinsdale Orthopedics.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
I am so glad I found Dr LaReau to help remedy my arthritic hips. He performed total replacement of both hips. Everything went as promised. No surprises. Great results. His entire team and personal skills doing the Anterior approach to hip replacement really payed off. I had better mobility from the day of the operation. After 4 weeks am walking and performing normal chores that I would have never expected. I felt that preparation, the procedure, could not have turned out better.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
I've never felt so comfortable and trusting of a doctor. Surgery was a difficult decision for me and Dr Larue made me very comfortable. The best bedside manner I have ever come across, especially since I am also in the medical field. Staff was excellent and I never felt like a number, they made it feel like we were all long time friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
Dr. LaReau performed a hip replacement surgery on me 8 weeks ago. I am walking over two miles without a limp. I had a minor set back, as I over did it in week 5 and broke some internal stitches- they were able to fit me the schedule- perform x-rays and verify that all was fine. I was back at rehab in a few days no concerns. Dr. LaReau is a highly skilled surgeon, who is easy to communicate with and practices the latest procedures.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
Dr. LaReau is your best surgeon if you must have a hip surgery. He is a superb surgeon, his instructions to prepare patients before surgery is detailed to help you to fast recovery after surgery. I have very little pain, and was walking a cane in a week. His staff and surgerical team is also excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
superior skills and organization. quick recovery from my hip surgery. absolutely pain free. no complications afterwards. has to be using the very best technique available to do such a fantastic job on my 70 year old left hip joint replacement.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
My experience with Dr. LaReau was amazing. He was confident & reassuring. He took time to listen & explained the surgery in understanding terms. I had a hip replacement & was apprehensive & stressed. The 1st time I met him his demeanor completely dissolved any stress. I knew instantly I was in very capable hands. My surgery was a complete success. His skill is above perfect & my recovery was excellent. I was up & walking right away driving & doing normal activities in just 2 weeks !
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
I had hip surgery with Dr LaReau 2 weeks ago and could not expect a better outcome. I was able to walk with no support after the 1st week. Pain was very minimal even through the exercises. Dr LaReau is an extremely qualified surgeon in the anterior approach hip surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
I have had both hips replaced this year and I feel so much better. I still am recovering from the most recent surgery with minimal concerns. Dr LaReau and staff are very accommodating and have your well being their priority ! Hindsale hospital is awesome too!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Justin LaReau, MD?
I have had both hips replaced. Dr Lareau uses the anterior approach , less invasive and much quicker recovery Great team. Surgery is never his 1st option, but when it's needed, he really is the best.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. LaReau?

Hinsdale Orthopaedics