Dr. Justin R. Johnsen, MD

Dr. Justin R. Johnsen, MD

Oculoplastic Surgery | Male

Utah Eye/Facial Plastic Sgy 5089 S 900 E Ste 200, Salt Lake City, UT 84117 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Compassion and empowerment is my philosophy! I love to engage the patient and I support a patient's decisions about their treatment plan. I love to educate and encourage all of my patients to be involved in all aspects of their care. The first rule of thumb is to listen to patient's concerns and I value a patient's input and attend to their individual needs. I always strive to communicate in a clear, timely manner and share all pertinent information with my patients. I always treat my patients and their families with dignity, compassion and respect.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Johnsen's Experience

94Experience
Match

See how Dr. Johnsen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Johnsen

Dr. Johnsen accepts 16 insurance carriers

16 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 5 hospitals where Dr. Johnsen has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Johnsen

Dr. Johnsen's Review Details
3.9 based on 10 responses
Experience with Dr. Johnsen
Dr. Johnsen's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (10)
Dr. Justin R. Johnsen, MD says

I would like to thank you personally for all of you comments as we always value any input.  My office staff and I are always striving to do our very best, and improve upon all of our outcomes and experiences as we strive to serve you!  If you have any further comments, or any concerns. please feel free to contact us directly at 801-281-FACE.  Thank you once again for you valuable input!

in Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Johnsen is amazing. He has an eye for esthetics and my eyelid surgery was perfect. His procedure was blameless, suture less, and only took 20 minutes. I recovered quickly and was thrilled with the results!!
in Salt Lake City, UT |
He was such a considerate compassionate surgeon. I felt safe and cared for.
Have you seen Dr. Justin R. Johnsen, MD?

• Oculoplastic Surgery
  • Ophthalmology

Why It Matters: Dr. Johnsen's Board Certifications

• Ophthalmology

Dr. Johnsen says..

I specialize in facial plastic surgery, with a special emphasis on the eyelids, eyebrows, and orbits.  I have extensive training in facial trauma.  I also have extensive training in CO2 laser treatments, having done research on the CO2 laser.  I am also a national trainer for the manufacturer of the CO2 laser (Lumenis Laser).  I have performed thousands of facial plastic surgical procedures in the last 12 years.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Blepharitis
  • Blocked Tear Duct
  • Chalazion
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dry Eyes
  • Tear Duct Disorders
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Trichiasis

Dr. Johnsen says..

I perform a wide variety of facial plastic surgical procedures.  However, if I were to choose one procedure for which I am most proud, I would say the blepharoplasty (eyelid lift).  I have performed well over three thousand of these procedures in my career.  What makes me unique is that I use a CO2 laser for all of my incisions and dissection.  Furthermore, I use a glue to close the wounds.  Therefore my blepharoplasties are suture-less and blade-less!  This allows for less anesthesia time, less surgical time, quicker healing and quicker recover.  Also one has significantly reduced bruising and swelling.  This procedure can be performed on any one who has drooping eyelids,  extra eyelids skin, or baggy upper or lower eyelids.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Blepharoplasty
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Entropion or Ectropion
  • Ultrapulse CO2 Laser

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Emory University

Michigan Center For Oculoplastic, Orbital and Reconstructive Surgery

Completed in 2004

University Of Utah

Graduated in 1994

Dr. Johnsen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johnsen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnsen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Johnsen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Oculoplastic Surgery
  • Board certified in Ophthalmology
  • Malpractice claims in Utah not available
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Johnsen

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Johnsen's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Johnsen

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Johnsen says...

I am a versatile oculofacial surgeon and I have been recognized for my academic and civic endeavors. Before establishing my practice in Salt Lake City, Utah, I had already received honors and awards from prestigious educational institutions like Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Emory University Medical School. I am a former Duke University professor and I have conducted several studies in facial trauma, CO2 laser treatments, and facial reconstructive procedures.

I have participated in various civic organizations and initiatives. These include the Utah Special Winter Olympics, the United Way and other community programs in and around Utah and other states. I was born, and raised in Utah.  I have a beautiful wife and six lovely children. My outside interests include exercise, cooking, and sports.  I am passionate about helping others!  I especially love the trauma and reconstructive aspect of facial plastic surgery

Dr. Johnsen's Care Philosophy

Compassion and empowerment is my philosophy!  I love to engage the patient and I support a patient's decisions about their treatment plan.  I love to educate and encourage all of my patients to be involved in all aspects of their care.  The first rule of thumb is to listen  to patient's concerns and I value a patient's input and attend to their individual needs.  I always strive to communicate in a clear, timely manner and share all pertinent information with my patients.  I always treat my patients and their families with dignity, compassion and respect.