Dr. Justin Iorio, MD

Dr. Justin Iorio, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Iorio is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in the management of complicated spinal deformities, degenerative and arthritic conditions, infections, trauma, and fractures. His clinical interests include motion-preserving procedures for cervical spine disorders, identifying risk factors for complications and prolonged hospital stay after cervical fusion, and utilizing both minimally invasive and open techniques for safe and optimal correction of spinal disorders.

5496 E Taft Rd Ste C

North Syracuse, NY 13212

• Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Elderplan
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
  • HealthNow New York, Inc.

Learn about Dr. Iorio

See how frequently Dr. Iorio performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Foot Fracture
Low Back Pain

Dr. Iorio's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Iorio "A native of Upstate New York, Dr. Iorio is eager to return to the area and aspires to provide excellent spine care to all patients by maximizing conservative treatment and performing safe procedures from the neck to the lower back."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Neck Surgery

Dr. Iorio does not have any board certifications listed.

• Arthritis of the Elbow
  • Spinal Instability
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture

• Anterior Cervical Herniated Disc Surgery With Fusion
  • Anterior Cervical Microdiscectomy With Fusion
  • Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion Surgery (ALIF)
  • Cervical Disc Replacement
  • Disc Replacement
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Laminoplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Discectomy
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spine Surgery

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Northeastern University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 2005
  • SUNY Upstate Med Univ
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • Temple University Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2015
  • Hospital For Special Surgery, New York, Ny-Spinal Surgery Fellowship
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2016

Dr. Iorio has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Iorio has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Iorio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iorio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Iorio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iorio to family and friends
Dr. Iorio's Performance
in Liverpool, NY |
Dr. Iorio was the best doctor that I’ve ever had. He’s not intimidating whatsoever. He knows exactly what he’s doing and I highly recommend him as your physician.
in Binghamton, NY |
Knows his stuff. Super nice. Very good at listening to my problem. Was able to help me and direct me to NY spine and wellness where I received a lumbar epidural. So much better than surgery. Thank you!
in Syracuse, NY |
Most recent visit was a follow up to my surgery in December. All my questions were answered by staff and Dr. Iorio. No problems with surgery to date - and outcome as Dr Iorio indicated pre-surgery. Would recommend this physician to anyone needing spinal surgery!
North Syracuse, NY |
I have sought help from other providers for my back/neck pain, but in my very first visit with Dr. Iorio, I REALLY learned the cause of the pain, which none of the other providers had explained. He also did a physical exam, which also had not been done before, and really seemed to care about me and my situation. I was extremely impressed with his knowledge, expertise, interest and caring as well as explaining his recommended treatment. EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE FOR ME FROM AN OUTSTANDING PHYSICIAN!
in NY |
Great bedside manner. It turned out I didn't need surgery and we were both pleased with this. He tppl his time and found the best solution to the problem rather than cutting on me.
in Homer, N.Y. |
Had 6 shots in my lower back, it has been 2 weeks feel a lot better than when I went in to see Doc. Iorio
in Castleton On Hudson, NY |
I would strongly recommend Dr. Iorio to anyone who needs spine surgery. He is the "best of the best"! A real sweetie!!
in Oswego, NY |
After many bad experiences- uncaring Doctors who did not listen and rushed to pass me off, I was very grateful to finally be referred to Dr. Iorio. He cared, listened, and delved into the problem to try and help me. My surgery went very well and I am pleased. He is caring, professional, and skilled. I highly recommend Dr. Iorio.
in Holland Patent, NY |
Great doctor, thorough,very competent, and pleasant..
in New York |
Dr. Iorio removed a cyst from my spine and it turned my life around! I could barely use my leg for months and then with one small incision he gave me a pain-free life back. I would recommend him to anyone with back problems.
in Adams center |
Dr lorio is a great dr he has always been there when I needed something . I would highly recommend him to anyone with a back issues. He comes highly recommend by me.
in Skaneateles, NY |
Dr Iorio took extremly good care of me during a very difficult time. I find him to be someone who truly cares about his patients. I always knew exactly what to expect. He made me feel safe & secure. His bedside manner is also outstanding. I recommend him to everyone I know who has trouble with their back or neck. He is kind and extremly professional. Plus the staff at S.O.S. all make you feel comfortable throughout the entire process of my surgery everyone was terrific. Thank you.
in New Woodstock, NY |
My experience was outstanding. I highly recommend him. When I first met with him, I appreciated him truly listening to my concerns, his compassion, directness and clarity. His office is very efficient and helpful. He has a lovely nurse and surgery scheduler. My surgery went exactly as he told me it would and I was home the same evening. I am grateful to no longer being in very harsh levels of pain.
in Syracuse, NY |
Dr. Iorio is a caring and compassionate spine surgeon. It is obvious that he always does what is in the best interest of his patients.
in Camillus, NY |
Very professional. All aspects of my medical care were addressed to my full satisfaction. After my first meeting with Dr. Iorio I had complete confidence that if I needed surgery after further diagnostics, he would be my surgeon. Excellent. Would recommend to anyone.
in Clayton, NY |
I have suffered with degenerative disc disease with herniations of l3-l4, l4-l5, and l5-s1 for years.. facet joint injections, caudal epiduralS, medication etc barely able to walk to my mailbox without legs locking up.. 1st visit with Dr Iorio, he actually went over my mri with me, and surgery was scheduled for 6 days later. Since surgery, (4 months) I have walked close to 200 miles!! I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Iorio!!!
in East Syracuse, NY |
I would highly recommend Dr.Iorio. He takes the time to listen and explain everything so I could understand. He is very knowledgeable and I felt comfortable with him the first visit. He is very personable and great bed side manners!!!!! A+++ Doctor!!!!
in Pennellville NY |
My husband and I are both patients of Dr. Iorio, he is absolutely wonderful. After my husband went to numerous doctors for his back/leg pain with no results he found Dr. Iorio who helped him tremendously. I then started with back/leg pain also and he took me right in and was very helpful with my problems. We are still working on getting my pain better, but it is so much better. Thank you so much.
in Baldwinsville, NY |
He is innovative, personable, good sense of humor but most importantly professional. He goes out of his way to make sure you are doing good before, during and after surgery. Doesn't have a staff member call but calls himself. Very Impressive. Gives you alternative advice and suggestions while you are trying to decide right way to go. He does not pressure you and allows you all the time you want and need in making that decision. I cannot say enough good about him. Thank you Dr. Iorio.
in Utica NY 13502 |
Explained the procedure to me so I understood what would happen in my terms like him very much
Have you seen Dr. Justin Iorio, MD?
Are you Dr. Iorio?

Visit Dr. Iorio

Dr. Iorio accepts 22 insurance carriers
  • Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
  • Elderplan
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
    Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
  • Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
    Excellus BlueCross BlueShield PPO
  • HealthNow New York, Inc.
  • Martin's Point