Dr. Julio Rivera, MD

General Surgery ·  Male · Age 49

Dr. Rivera

Surgical Group of North Texas

1056 Texan Trl Grapevine, TX 76051

Dr. Julio Rivera, MD is a general surgery specialist in Grapevine, TX and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in general surgery and bariatric surgery.

Dr. Rivera accepts

Dr. Rivera accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Rivera's experience treating your condition or procedure

Stomach Surgery

Dr. Rivera performs Stomach Surgery more than 70% of his peers

Dr. Rivera performs this procedure more than 70% of his peers

Dr. Rivera's conditions and procedures:

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Esophageal Surgery

Dr. Rivera?
Dr. Rivera's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Julio Rivera, MD
RecentMost Helpful
Dr. Rivera has a special way of relating to patients in a professional yet kind manner. He performed some difficult gall bladder surgery on me recently. Some complications because of my age, but all went well. I would certainly recommend this doctor to all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
It's very apparent to me that Dr. Rivera is in medicine to help people, never treated me like a number but as a person with lots of questions who needed answers and relief. A big shout-out to Vienay too, as she was able to get my surgery scheduled quickly and helped me get the answers I needed. I'm so appreciative of Dr. Rivera and his entire staff at Surgical Group of North Texas.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Dr. Rivera was prompt and thorough in diagnosing the need for my surgery. His concern was genuine, I felt that he had my best interest in mind. I asked many questions and he answered them carefully, assuring I understood the procedure; I never felt rushed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Very professional and caring. Took time for full explanations. Did a great job on my robotic/laparoscopic hernia repair surgery! Highly recommended.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Dr. Rivera did my single-site cholecystectomy back in 2016 and it was the quickest, easiest recovery I’ve ever had from a surgery. I had surgery on Wednesday and was back to work on Monday!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Having never had surgery before, I feel lucky to have had Dr. Rivera as my surgeon. He discussed with me the risks and side effects of the surgery and allowed me to make educated choices. He was very thorough about what to expect during recovery, and his staff were lovely, professional, and attentive. He was also easily available to contact in emergencies or if I had concerns. Not to mention I am feeling 100% better than I felt before surgery! I would recommend this office every time.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Dr Rivera Performed a hernia robotic procedure on me. He did an excellent job! And he was informative and explained the procedure in detail to me. And is very nice individual as well. I would highly recommend him !.
Abel, Thank you so much for sharing your...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
I had to have emergency gallbladder removal on Jan 30th and was able to request Dr. Rivera on the recommendation of my primary care doctor. He took the time to visit with me the night before the surgery to explain what would happen, and discuss potential risks. At the follow up visit he answered all questions I had about the healing process. I found Dr. Rivera to be a calming presence during a somewhat unpleasant situation, and I felt confident I was in extremely good hands. Highly recommend.
Darla, Thank you so much for taking the time to...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Dr. Rivera performed a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (removed my gallbladder) approximately two weeks ago. I felt like he did an excellent job explaining the procedure, risks, and recovery with me prior to the surgery. He was willing to take as much time as needed to answer questions, and I never felt rushed. The recovery was easier than I expected and my previous symptoms are gone.
Brianna, thank you for a wonderful review, we...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
To remove an old and large inguinal hernia Dr. Rivera listened carefully to my concerns and provided options for both timing and the procedure. We chose the laparoscopic robotic technique and I couldn't be more pleased. I felt totally prepared for surgery and was pleasantly surprised by how little pain I experienced in recovery. With his encouragement I walked the day after with minimal discomfort and returned to normal, non-stressful activities on day 3. Dr. Rivera is both skillful and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Had an amazing experience with Dr. Rivera. I've had quite a few surgeries in the past, but Dr. Rivera never made me feel rushed or like he had to get to the next patient. He took the time to answer all of my questions and never even attempted to get up until he was 100% sure that I didn't have anything else I wanted to discuss. He is also up to date with the latest surgical techniques and robotics. I would definitely felt like I got the best care possible and recommend him to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Dr. Rivera is the ultimate professional! I saw him in his Ft. Worth office on a Thursday in August where he explained exactly what my problem was and how he would fix it.His staff is very friendly and caring. After seeing him in his office, I was able to have surgery scheduled 1 week later. Everyone involved was extremely thorough and sensitive of my needs. His surgical team was very prompt! I would recommend Dr. Rivera to everyone who is in need of the services he provides!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Having had some bad experiences with a local "TV" surgeon, I carefully researched bariatric surgeons in the area before making an appointment with Dr. Rivera. All of our doctors looked into him and all said they'd heard nothing but good things about him. And it all turned out to be true. The surgery went flawlessly, I had little pain and only for a day or three. The staff is professional and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Dr. Rivera is by far the most thorough, thoughtful, and patient surgeon I have ever come across. My 80 year old Father had 2 surgeries preformed in one week by Dr. Rivera and I am happy to say that both surgeries went very well. Dr. Rivera took so much time before and after both surgeries to answer any questions we had. He also checked in on my Father many times throughout his hospital stay. He kept in touch and called me to check in on my Father as well. He went above and beyond!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Rivera. I had a scheduled procedure but then an unexpected visit to the ER forced me to have the operation early. Dr Rivera came to the new hospital answered all my questions, put me at ease, and performed the needed operation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
If you are thinking about any kind of weight loss surgery Dr. Julio Rivera is the doctor you need to see. From helping me choose the right procedure, through post operative care he and his expert team were fantastic. The degree of professionalism I encountered throughout the whole process was stunning. By following the instructions of Dr. Rivera and his staff my procedure was flawless and I couldn’t be happier with the results.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Have no Fear - Dr. Rivera's Here! Dr. Rivera takes all the worries and apprehension away from the moment you meet him. When my primary called to get an appointment for me, he came back to say, "Woo Hoo, you got the BEST EVER!" I knew from then that I would be in great hands. My gallbladder removal went so smoothly and recuperation was a breeze. Dr. Rivera is the expert you want!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Dr. Rivera removed my gallbladder a month ago and everything went easier than I had expected. I'm only 18 and kept waking up with severe middle back pain and a burning in my chest. After several doctors visits and no diagnosis, I found myself in the emergency room one morning. After learning of my bad gallbladder I went to Dr. Rivera and he was extremely professional and knowledgeable, I honestly had no concerns. It's now been a month and I'm back to great health.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Dr. Rivera provided the quality & care you would want when choosing a surgeon. Very pleased & greatful to have been in his care during my emergency situation!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Dr. Rivera did my gastric sleeve surgery and was wonderful. I came through with flying colors. After I went home I had very little pain and no nausea. I was back at work in no time. He was very thorough with his explanations and took his time with me and my wife. I will highly recommend him.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Rivera?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Rivera treats patients.

Medical City Alliance