Dr. Julio Rivera, MD

Dr. Julio Rivera, MD

Bariatric Surgery  |
Dr. Julio Rivera, MD is a bariatric surgery doctor who practices in Grapevine, TX. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 21 years.

1056 Texan Trl

Grapevine, TX 76051

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Rivera

See how frequently Dr. Rivera performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Obesity
high
Esophageal Surgery

Dr. Rivera's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Bariatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

• Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Esophageal Surgery

• Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • University Kansas City Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Rivera has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rivera does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rivera and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rivera's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rivera to family and friends
Dr. Rivera's Performance
in Colleyville, TX |
To remove an old and large inguinal hernia Dr. Rivera listened carefully to my concerns and provided options for both timing and the procedure. We chose the laparoscopic robotic technique and I couldn't be more pleased. I felt totally prepared for surgery and was pleasantly surprised by how little pain I experienced in recovery. With his encouragement I walked the day after with minimal discomfort and returned to normal, non-stressful activities on day 3. Dr. Rivera is both skillful and caring.
Grapevine |
Had an amazing experience with Dr. Rivera. I've had quite a few surgeries in the past, but Dr. Rivera never made me feel rushed or like he had to get to the next patient. He took the time to answer all of my questions and never even attempted to get up until he was 100% sure that I didn't have anything else I wanted to discuss. He is also up to date with the latest surgical techniques and robotics. I would definitely felt like I got the best care possible and recommend him to anyone.
in Grand Prairie, TX |
Dr. Rivera is the ultimate professional! I saw him in his Ft. Worth office on a Thursday in August where he explained exactly what my problem was and how he would fix it.His staff is very friendly and caring. After seeing him in his office, I was able to have surgery scheduled 1 week later. Everyone involved was extremely thorough and sensitive of my needs. His surgical team was very prompt! I would recommend Dr. Rivera to everyone who is in need of the services he provides!
in Flower Mound, TX |
Having had some bad experiences with a local "TV" surgeon, I carefully researched bariatric surgeons in the area before making an appointment with Dr. Rivera. All of our doctors looked into him and all said they'd heard nothing but good things about him. And it all turned out to be true. The surgery went flawlessly, I had little pain and only for a day or three. The staff is professional and caring.
in Keller, TX |
Dr. Rivera is by far the most thorough, thoughtful, and patient surgeon I have ever come across. My 80 year old Father had 2 surgeries preformed in one week by Dr. Rivera and I am happy to say that both surgeries went very well. Dr. Rivera took so much time before and after both surgeries to answer any questions we had. He also checked in on my Father many times throughout his hospital stay. He kept in touch and called me to check in on my Father as well. He went above and beyond!
in Ft Worth, TX |
I had a great experience with Dr. Rivera. I had a scheduled procedure but then an unexpected visit to the ER forced me to have the operation early. Dr Rivera came to the new hospital answered all my questions, put me at ease, and performed the needed operation.
in Grapevine, TX |
If you are thinking about any kind of weight loss surgery Dr. Julio Rivera is the doctor you need to see. From helping me choose the right procedure, through post operative care he and his expert team were fantastic. The degree of professionalism I encountered throughout the whole process was stunning. By following the instructions of Dr. Rivera and his staff my procedure was flawless and I couldn’t be happier with the results.
in Newark, TX |
Have no Fear - Dr. Rivera's Here! Dr. Rivera takes all the worries and apprehension away from the moment you meet him. When my primary called to get an appointment for me, he came back to say, "Woo Hoo, you got the BEST EVER!" I knew from then that I would be in great hands. My gallbladder removal went so smoothly and recuperation was a breeze. Dr. Rivera is the expert you want!!
in Keller, TX |
Dr. Rivera removed my gallbladder a month ago and everything went easier than I had expected. I'm only 18 and kept waking up with severe middle back pain and a burning in my chest. After several doctors visits and no diagnosis, I found myself in the emergency room one morning. After learning of my bad gallbladder I went to Dr. Rivera and he was extremely professional and knowledgeable, I honestly had no concerns. It's now been a month and I'm back to great health.
in Irving, TX |
Dr. Rivera provided the quality & care you would want when choosing a surgeon. Very pleased & greatful to have been in his care during my emergency situation!
in Keller |
Dr. Rivera did my gastric sleeve surgery and was wonderful. I came through with flying colors. After I went home I had very little pain and no nausea. I was back at work in no time. He was very thorough with his explanations and took his time with me and my wife. I will highly recommend him.
in Grapevine, TX |
Dr Rivera removed my gallbladder. He did an outstanding job and explained everything upfront. I would recommenced him to anyone.
Have you seen Dr. Julio Rivera, MD?
Are you Dr. Rivera?