Dr. Julio Rivera, MD

Dr. Julio Rivera, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. Julio Rivera, MD is a general surgery specialist in Grapevine, TX and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine in 1996 and specializes in general surgery and bariatric surgery.

1056 Texan Trl

Grapevine, TX 76051

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Rivera

See how frequently Dr. Rivera performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Obesity
high
Esophageal Surgery

Dr. Rivera's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• General Surgery

• Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1996
  • University Kansas City Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Rivera has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Rivera does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Rivera and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Rivera's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Rivera to family and friends

Dr. Rivera's Performance

Having never had surgery before, I feel lucky to have had Dr. Rivera as my surgeon. He discussed with me the risks and side effects of the surgery and allowed me to make educated choices. He was very thorough about what to expect during recovery, and his staff were lovely, professional, and...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Rivera Performed a hernia robotic procedure on me. He did an excellent job! And he was informative and explained the procedure in detail to me. And is very nice individual as well. I would highly recommend him !.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Abel, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and for the kind words! Dr. Rivera certainly is a very nice individual and excellent at his job!

I had to have emergency gallbladder removal on Jan 30th and was able to request Dr. Rivera on the recommendation of my primary care doctor. He took the time to visit with me the night before the surgery to explain what would happen, and discuss potential risks. At the follow up visit he answered...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0

Darla, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us and thank you for the kind words!

Dr. Rivera performed a Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (removed my gallbladder) approximately two weeks ago. I felt like he did an excellent job explaining the procedure, risks, and recovery with me prior to the surgery. He was willing to take as much time as needed to answer questions, and I never...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0

Brianna, thank you for a wonderful review, we really appreciate it here at the Surgical Group of North Texas. http://www.surgicalgroupnt.com/

To remove an old and large inguinal hernia Dr. Rivera listened carefully to my concerns and provided options for both timing and the procedure. We chose the laparoscopic robotic technique and I couldn't be more pleased. I felt totally prepared for surgery and was pleasantly surprised by how little...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option1