Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Julio Petilon, MD
Julio Petilon, MD, is an orthopaedic spine surgeon at Spine Center Atlanta, where he specializes in treating herniated discs, degenerative disease of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, deformity, revision surgery and disease of the sacroiliac joint. Dr. Petilon earned a Doctorate of Medicine from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts, then completed an internship and orthopaedic surgery residency at the Naval Medical Center in Portsmouth, Virginia. A Norton Leatherman Spinal Fellow, Dr. Petilon underwent a combined Orthopaedic and Neurosurgical spine fellowship through the prestigious Norton Leatherman Spine Center at the University Of Louisville School Of Medicine in Louisville, Kentucky. Upon fellowship completion, Dr. Petilon returned to the Naval Medical Center as a staff Orthopaedic Spine Surgeon and treated elite SEAL teams, active military, and veterans. He served as Department Head of Orthopaedics at the Naval Hospital in Sinonella, Sicilly (Italy) and professor of surgery at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences in Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Petilon was designated a Naval Flight Surgeon, where he was primary physician for the squadron and supporting teams. He further served his country later deployed to Afghanistan as operating room Department Head to perform hundreds of procedures on victims of wartime injuries. A member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Society of Military Orthopaedic Surgeons and North American Spine Society, Dr. Petilon has authored numerous published works in peer-reviewed spine and orthopaedic journals and has presented at national and international spine conferences.

3161 Howell Mill Rd NW Ste 400

Atlanta, GA 30327

Learn about Dr. Petilon

Dr. Petilon's Experience

Dr. Petilon's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

This content was provided by Dr. Petilon "Dr. Petilon evaluates each patient individually with a comprehensive approach, offering both non-operative and surgical treatment plans to help alleviate acute and chronic pain, as well as associated neurological symptoms. When surgery is indicated, Dr. Petilon utilizes both open and the latest minimally invasive techniques to provide patients optimal results and recovery."

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

Dr. Petilon does not have any board certifications listed.

• Ankle and Foot Instability or Derangement
  • Broken Arm
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Hip Resurfacing
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Amherst College
  • Portsmouth Naval Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Norton Leatherman Spine Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2011

Dr. Petilon has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Petilon has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Petilon does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Petilon and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Petilon's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Petilon to family and friends
Dr. Petilon's Performance
in Brighton, TN |
He has very through and takes time to ask all our questions. We have excellent service every time we have come here. He makes us feel comfort after traveling over 6 hours to get to Atlanta. Thank you.
in Hendersonville, NC |
Dr. Petilon agreed to give me my MRI review as a virtual visit. This saved me a trip to Atlanta. He was courteous and professional.
in Rome, GA |
Bed side manner is AWESOME!!! Allows you to ask the questions and do his best to make sure you understand his answers.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Petilon was understanding, he LISTENED, and helped me get back to being able to play with my kids again. I can't thank you enough for that!
in Fayetteville, GA |
I cannot say enough about the professionalism and friendliness I received from the first phone call, consultation, and surgery I received. I was originally scheduled to have the procedure done by a different provider, but my spirit led me to Dr. Petilon who saw and treated me immediately. After many weeks of pain from a herniated L5-S1, my pain is completely gone and I am recovering from the surgery. I will certainly recommend Dr. Petilon to my family, friends, and my clients.
in Marietta, GA |
The staff was very helpful and friendly Dr. Petilon reviewed my MRI answered all my questions, ordered a treatment for my problem. I am on the road to better back and spine health. Thank you Dr. Petilon
Decatur, GA |
he was easy to talk too and told me what he thought was best for me too do. reviewed tests results and shows me the deformity on MRI and assured me that those deformity could be improved.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr.Petilon did my neck surgery and he did a wonderful job!
in Atlanta, GA |
The care of his office has been AWESOME !!! I would most definitely recommend his services,& have already recommended him to some of my friends.
Dacula, GA |
My initial visit was fine. I was told I would be seeing the doctor but instead was seen by the physician assistant. She was pleasant and courteous. I was then scheduled for an MRI. I had to go back to the office about a week later to discuss the results of my test (had to pay for a office visit to have my results read). Seen by the PA again. She begins to discuss options/plans for pain management. I haven't even seen the pics from my MRI...we demand to see the pics so we can have a understanding
in Woodstock, GA |
Dr. Petilon's demeanor, approach, and deportment was very professional and friendly. He was easy to talk to; answered all my questions and I never felt hurried or rushed. Explained, in detail, while we were looking at my MRI and X-ray, what was happening to my spine and why I was experiencing the pain and discomfort. The staff was courteous, attentive, cordial, and professional. I was very impressed with how helpful they were. Great team. Definitely a positive experience!!!
in Decatur, GA |
I found Dr. Petilon to be an excellent doctor. Took care of my problem and now I am not in all of that pain. I would highly recommend him.
in Lexington, NC |
Dr. Petilon and everyone at the Spine Center are amazing . They really care about their patients and it shows in the care that they give. They go above and beyond what they need to do make sure you are comfortable and have everything you need. We will send anyone we know that needs anything done to them the distance may be far since we are from North Carolina but the trip is worth it for the care you receive.
in Lithonia,GA |
First appointment today no rush to judgment, Dr. Is thorough and likes to work up to solutions that is in the patients interest.
in Jonesboro, GA |
My experience with Dr. Petilon was absolutely wonderful because of the honesty and professionalism he provided during my visits.
in Virginia Beach, VA |
He performed multi-level lumbar decompression that helped me regain my mobility and eased my level of pain which enabled me to travel to my godson's commissioning ceremony three weeks after surgery. He is an exception surgeon!
Have you seen Dr. Julio Petilon, MD?
Are you Dr. Petilon?