Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery •  Male • Age 48

Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez

Re-Nova Plastic Surgery Associates, L.L.C.

4318 Northern Pike Monroeville, PA 15146

Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in Monroeville, PA and has over 25 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Bogota, Colombia medical school in 1995. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Excela Health - Excela Westmoreland Hospital and Upmc East. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Plastic Surgeons in your area

See similar Plastic Surgeons in Monroeville

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction
  • Low Wait Times
    Patients are usually seen in 10 minutes or less.

Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(412) 638-2391Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Eyelid Disorders
  • Gigantomastia
  • Gynecomastia
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nasal Obstruction

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer evening visits?

Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez

Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez?
What People Say About Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD
I could not possibly be happier with my overall experience at Renova! The staff, environment, and Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez were extremely welcoming and kind. I received a rhinoplasty from him and am ecstatic with the result. I never imagined it would turn out as amazing as it did and I will be forever grateful for this experience! I can’t imagine ever having even close to a better experience anywhere else than Renova!
Apr 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Clavijo by a healthcare professional who worked for other area surgeons. She said that he is who she plans to see for her next procedure. High praise! I can't say enough about how happy I am with Dr. Clavijo, his team and my results! From my initial consultation, to making arrangements for the brachioplasty (arm lift), to the surgery center team, and follow up, my treatment was outstanding. Tina is so helpful, walking me through the paperwork, and answering my many questions. And Dr. Clavijo is amazing. He took his time and explained the process, told me what to expect along the way and what the expected outcome would be. At my first follow up visit, when he took the wrap off and showed me the results I cried. I am sooo happy. My arms look better at 59 years old than they did in my 20's! My "bat wings" are gone. I can't wait to have my thigh lift done. Thank you Dr. Clavijo....from the bottom of my heart! Five Stars isn't nearly enough!!!!
Ellen – Mar 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Alvarez. I had a CO2 laser treatment performed. During the consult, he was knowledgeable, answered every question I had, never made me feel rushed. During the treatment, the same. Followup visits were a breeze, scheduling is easy, and the staff is amazing.
Deborah Boughner – Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
Dr. Clavijo-Alveraz performed a breast augmentation over a month ago on me and I could not be happier with my results! This doctor is truly an artist and expert at what he does. He was able to achieve very natural beautiful results. He also has incredible bed side manner. Honestly the best I've experienced. He's very down to earth, extremely patient and caring. He will call and follow up with you several times after your surgery to make sure you're doing well, and also allow you to come in to answer questions and ease your mind before your surgery. He's truly a gem of a surgeon as well as a person. You couldnt go wrong with choosing him for your plastic surgery! Highly recommend!!
Christina S. – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
I consider it a blessing to have gone on my breast cancer journey with Dr. Clavijo and his staff. His knowledge and surgical skills allowed my to put my total trust in him. Dr. Clavijo answered every question and concern I had about my illness. His kindness, compassion, and sense of humor took the horribleness out of a devastating diagnosis.
Dec 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
I had liposuction done to my arms, flanks, abdomen, and inner thighs. I use to be skinny and as I got older my body lost any desire able shape. I have been going to the gym 6 days a week with no results. Dr. Alvarez helped shape my body with contours that I could never imagine my body looking this good. I was so self conscious with the way I looked before I had barely left my house. I am so much more confident since my procedure due to my shape and my results that I can now see from going to the gym. I am amazed with his expertise , demeanor, and overall personality.
Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
Dr. Clavijo has been helping me keep my migraines away for 6 years. He is compassionate, takes his time to listen to his patients and makes you feel comfortable and welcome. The staff is equally stellar. I would highly recommend ReNova!
Feb 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
I am forever grateful to Dr. Clavijo for my amazing surgical outcome. The two qualities of the utmost importance in my search for a plastic surgeon were expertise and compassion. Dr. Clavijo exceeded both these expectations by miles. I underwent revision septorhinoplasty over two weeks ago, after many years of breathing issues and insecurities related to progressive structural deformities from my first rhinoplasty at age 13. My breathing issues were so significant that I could barely tolerate we
Feb 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
My experience with Dr. Clavijo & his staff at ReNova has been nothing short of superior. Everyone has been professional & kind from my initial consultation to my current recovery. I would recommend Dr. Clavijo to anyone looking to gain confidence all while having an exceptional and comfortable experience. My results are perfect and I’ll continue to go to Dr. C for any & all of my future procedures! Easily a 5 star rating!! Thank you Dr. Clavijo for making me feel beautiful!!
Lindsey in Pittsburgh, PA – Dec 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
I can’t rave enough about how happy I am with my septorhinoplasty results so far at 3 weeks post-op! From my consultation I felt like Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez and I were on the same page with what I wanted, even when I couldn’t quite explain it. My results are better than what I imagined and I’m still not fully recovered. Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez called me a few hours after my surgery to check in on me. He’s very attentive, caring and great at what he does!
Pittsburgh, PA – Dec 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
I would give him a million stars!!! He is the most AMAZING doctor I have ever met! Not only is he very knowledgeable and detail oriented, he is so kind and has an amazing bedside manner. I would 100% go back to him in the future, as well as I would recommend him to anyone looking around for a plastic surgeon. He is truly the best and I’m so thankful I found him!
Jessica in Pittsburgh , PA – Dec 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
I went back today to see Dr Julio Clavijo-Alvarez for a consult to treat my migraine headaches. I am currently under the care of a Neurologist for this and had learned that Dr Clavijo-Alvarez is specially trained in this area and after the most thorough explaination I cannot wait to be treated by him in Jan. 2019. My mother, who was with me, is not as “doctor friendly” as I am, turned to me afterwards and said his explaination alone was amazing and he is so knowledgeable and kind.
MA Fed in PA – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
Dr. Alvarez is fantastic!!! He was very nice and super thorough. I am very happy with the results of my procedure and had very little plain afterwards! I would highly recommend him!
Susan in Pittsburgh, PA – Nov 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
Dr. Clavijo is amazing. He cares about his patients and tries to give them what they want without jeopardizing their health. After extreme weight loss I had a lot of excess skin. He was able to remove more skin than he originally thought and made me look amazing. I can't wait for my next procedure.
Nicole in PA – Aug 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
Dr. Julio is a Dr. that cares! I had complications and he personally came to check on me, and called or text to check in there after. He has excellent beside manner and a kind heart. The staff is very friendly and accommodating with scheduling. A+++++
Thankful in Pittsburgh, PA – Jun 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
I had the "mommy makeover" following three pregnancies and three C-sections. My youngest child was four at the time of my surgery. I am so thrilled with the results I got. They are so far beyond my expectations. My pain was very minimal, mostly just soreness like after a good workout. I was back doing CrossFit 5 days a week, 6 weeks after my surgery. I had a diastasis and hernia repair during my surgery, and I cannot stress how important it is to strengthen your ab muscles after this surgery.
Meadville – May 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
Dr Clavijo is the very best!!! Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez performed a lift and breast reduction on me and I am thrilled with the results. Dr. Clavijo is truly respectful, talented, caring and honest. I trusted him from the first time I met him. My procedure was done with care precision and passion and I am extremely happy with the results. I can now wear the clothes I always dreamed off. Thank you so much to the whole team! I’m forever grateful to Dr. Clavijo!
Pittsburgh, Pa – Apr 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
Brilliant, compassionate doctor. The clear choice for your needs. He put me back together after a 24 year episode with large breast implants. He was the only doctor in the area who listened to what I wanted and executed beautifully. It's not easy to find a plastic surgeon who listens and doesn't try to sell you something you don't need. He does. I would recommend him without hesitation.
LL – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
I selected Re-Nova Plastic Surgery Associates with Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez to complete my breast augmentation. I could not be happier with the results and the entire process. I got exactly what I asked for and that is because of the genuine care and concern that Dr. Clavijo and his staff had for me. A true perfectionist in all the best ways. He and his staff are committed to their patients. Extremely knowledgeable, kind, patient, and dedicated to giving you the results you want.
Apr 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?
Dr. Clavijo then an amazing job on a perplexing problem. His bedside manner confidence and skill set are unsurpassed.
Pat in Monroeville – Apr 13, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julio Clavijo-Alvarez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez?

Devotion to your care

Universidad Militar Nueva Granada, Bogota, Colombia
1990
Colegio Anglo Americano Bogota, Colombia

More Information

• Does Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez communicates via email

• Does Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Clavijo-Alvarez offers evening visits