Dermatology  |
Dr. Julie Pena, MD
Dr. Julie Pena, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Franklin, TN. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 25 years.

200 Cool Springs Blvd

Franklin, TN 37067

• American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Managed Care (Non-HMO)
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Pena

Dr. Pena's Experience

Dr. Pena's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Destruction of Penile Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • McGaw Med Center Of Northwestern
  • Shands Hospital At University Of Fl
  • So Il University School Of Med

Dr. Pena has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Pena does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Pena and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Pena's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Pena to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Pena's Performance
in Gallatin, TN |
THIS IS MY FIRST TIME TO GO TO A DERMATOLOGIST, BUT I HAVE FOUND THAT I HAVE A FAIRLY SEVERE CASE OF SKIN CANCER. DR. PENA HAS GUIDED ME THROUGH THE PROCESS AND IS NOW TREATING THESE ISSUES. SHE AND HER STAFF ARE VERY PROFESSIONAL AND UNDERSTANDING, AS WELL AS BEING COMPASSIONATE. YOU CAN TELL WHEN PEOPLE CARE ABOUT THERE JOBS AND THE PEOPLE THEY ARE TAKING CARE OF AND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND SKIN SOLUTIONS, TO ANYONE WITH ANY SKIN CONDITIONS.
Hello Dan, thank you so much for giving Skin Solutions a great review. It is our passion to help each of our patients with any skin conditions that may occur. We are thankful to have you as one of our valued patients!
Nashville, TN |
I actually saw her PA and LOVED her!! She was very informative and I felt very confident in her assessment of my skin issues. I will be seeing her again for any needs I may have in the future.
Thank you so much for the great review! Dr Pena meets with all our providers monthly. They discuss skin conditions and how to treat them. We strive to provide the best care possible at all of our locations!
in Hermitage, TN |
I saw Jo Ellyn and I was very impressed! She was very kind and patient. She listened to my concerns and helped me decide on what was best. Everybody was great. front desk, nurses, and checkout
Hello Ed, thank you for the 5 star review! Jo Ellyn set the example that all providers should follow. She deeply cares for her patients and works hard to make sure all their needs are met.
in Nashville, TN |
Dr Pena is a friendly and caring person to work with. She listens to your concerns and guides you to procedures for you to consider. She does not perform procedures that are NOT needed.
Hi Dan! Thank you for the 5 star review!!! Dr Pena and all of our providers at each location meet regularly to be certain that each and every patient receives the best care possible. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
in all over the place |
I have a very weird condition! I have been to several of their locations because I work all over town and I have seen 4 different providers - each one of them has been FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you Skin Solutions for all your help
Thank you for the great review and for choosing Skin Solutions Dermatology for all your skin care needs. Our providers meet regularly to discuss "weird" conditions and they agree upon how to treat them so that all of our patients at every location receive the same great care regardless of which provider they see.
in Franklin, TN |
VERY SMART AND COMPASSIONATE!!! Thank you Dr Pena- and your staff was very helpful
Hello Tom! We appreciate your great review and want to thank you for allowing Skin Solutions to take care of all your skin care needs. Dr Pena and our staff work very hard to provide the best care possible to all our patients.
in Smyrna, Tn |
I've been Dr. Pena's patient for about 6 years and have always been very happy with her practice. She provides an extremely thorough exam and answers all questions.
Thank you for the great review Denise! We are thankful to have you as one of our patients and so happy that we have a location closer to your home now
Franklin, TN |
My child has been dealing with eczema since he was born. Jo Ellyn has cared for him and instructed us on how to make things better. We know that he may always battle with rashes but now we know how to make him feel better and make them go away faster. We love Jo Ellyn and Skin Solutions Dermatology!!! Thank you for not only treating the skin but making us all feel better!!!
Hello and thank you for the great review! Eczema and most skin rashes can be very difficult to deal with. We are so pleased to hear that Jo Ellyn has worked with you to make things better for your child.
in Mount Juliet, TN |
Dr. Julie is caring, considerate, and knows what treatment you need.
Hi Kay! Thank you for the great review and for choosing our office to take care of all of your skin care needs!
in Nashville, TN |
Dr Pena quickly and accurately diagnosed a condition that I have and the medication has resolved my issue.
We really appreciate your great review and we are thankful to have you as one of our patients!!!
Nashville, TN |
No doctor here, just extenders.
Dr. Pena is our Medical Director. She sees patients at each location. When not in clinic, she is doing surgery. We are hiring other physicians as our practice is growing rapidly. Physician assistants and nurse practitioners see the majority of our patients at all our locations. We are proud of all of our providers and the dedication they have for our patients. Dr. Pena is accessible to all of them daily. We are sorry that you were unhappy. Please call us to discuss your concerns in detail.
Franklin |
Both my parents before us& my husband& myself have been under Dr Pena's care for many years. Her skill& care are awesome. We all have required treatment for skin cancers.we would never go to anyone else for skin care.Jo Simpson
Hi Jo! Thank you so much for your great review. We are honored to know that you and your family allow us to take care of all your skin care needs!
Franklin, TN |
Skin issues can lead to depression. I thank God for Dr Pena and all the people that work there. All the providers meet with Dr Pena to discuss the best way to treat different skin issues so it really doesn't matter who you see - you will get the same outcome. They actually listen! They care about their patients. In the past few years the staff has changed a lot but you can tell it's because they are trying to find the best people for each job. Thank you Skin Solutions - for everything!!!!!!
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We want each patient to receive the professional care that they expect to get and the compassion that they deserve.
Nashville, TN |
Several of my family members go to Skin Solutions Dermatology and they take great care of each one of us! Sometimes there is a wait out in the lobby - but for the best care possible it is worth it
Thank you so much for your review! We are working hard to improve the patient wait times.
in Nashville, TN |
From the time you arrive you feel welcome and at ease. All the staff are friendly, helpful and perform in a very professional manner. They make sure you understand all procedures and that you are given typed and verbal instructions before discharge.
Hi Judith! Thank you for your great review! We want each patient to have the best care possible each time they come to any of our locations.
in Bowling Green, KY |
I moved away from Columbia, TN four years ago. I appreciate their service enough that I will take the time to make appointments in Columbia, TN or Franklin, TN versus finding a dermatologist in Bowling Green, KY.
Your loyalty to our practice means a lot to us. We want to thank you for the relationship that you have built with us. Thanks for this great review!!!
Dr. Pena performed Mohs surgery on my nose. Her and her PA, Laura Bauer, are wonderful! It has been 4 months since my surgery and everyone tells me they can't even tell I have had surgery on my nose. Thanks so much Dr. Pena and Laura for taking such good care of me!
We are honored to have you as our patient and want to thank you for this review. Our goal is for all of patients to have complete trust in the care that we provide.
in Culleoka TN |
Yes, I would recommend Dr. Pena and her staff. They are so very kind.
Phyllis, thank you so much for your comments. We want every patient to be happy with the treatment they receive
Spring Hill, TN |
I highly trust Dr. Pena with my skin care. She and her staff are very friendly and caring. After only a short time under their care, I feel confident with them as my partners in my skin health.
Thank you so much for building a relationship with us that will hopefully last a lifetime. We want every patient to have the same experiences that you have had
Brentwood, TN |
Dr. Pena is very professional and personable....she has performed three surgeries on me, and each turned out positive. The staff at Skin Soultions is very through, and have caught several problem areas in the early stages, for which I am grateful. I recommend them highly.
Thank you so much for your great comments. We want to provide the best care possible to each one of our patients.
in Franklin, TN |
Dr. Pena is thorough and efficient. She exudes competence in her field.
Thank you Mike- it was a pleasure seeing you!
in Columbia, TN |
I have been a patient of Dr Pena's group in Columbia TN for 3 years and I am very satisfied with my treatment, with the office staff and the experiences that I have had with them. I certainly would recommend Skin Solutions to anyone who is interested in a dermatology appointment.
Thank you for allowing us to take care of you Rebecca and thank you so much for your kind words!
Franklin, TN |
My husband and I made our annual skin check with Dr. Pena. We were both very pleased with the experience. She took her time thoroughly checking the entire skin surface. She is professional. She listened to our concerns and answered all questions in detail, making sure we understood her explanation. I strongly recommend Dr. Pena.
Thank you so much for this great review and for trusting Skin Solutions Dermatology with all your skin care needs.
in Pulaski , TN |
I have been dealing with psoriasis for many years and no dermatologist really seemed to offer any help. Darryl Smith was very approachable and listened to my symptoms. He wasn't in a hurry and didn't rush out of the exam room. The staff as a whole in the Pulaski office are kind, courteous and it's obvious that they enjoy their job. I would recommend this practice to anyone in need of a dermatologist.
Thank you so much Christina! We are very blessed to have such great providers at all six of our locations! We have worked hard to make sure we have the right people for our work environment. Thank you for your great review!
Franklin, TN |
Dr. Pena removed skin cancer from my nose. I was amazed when it healed and the scar is almost invisible. I couldn't be more satisfied. JoEllyn Dyson (PA-C) sees me twice a year and has removed several basal cell and squamous cell cancers, as well as treating the precancerous spots before they cause a problem. I highly recommend her for your skin care needs.
Thank you so much for trusting us to take care of all your skin care needs. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Nashville, TN |
Thank you so much Dr Pena- I finally found a doctor I can trust. All of your staff treated me well!
Thank you for putting your trust in us. We strive to provide the best care possible to all our patients. We want you to feel comfortable from the time you make your appointment until you check out after your visit.
in Pulaski, TN |
I really Dr. Pena....kind, comforting
Dr Pena works really hard to make sure that each and every patient has a positive experience with our office. Thank you for your great review Ann - we look forward to seeing you soon!
in Franklin, TN |
The whole experience was very pleasant.
We enjoy having great patients and helping them in every way possible. Thank you for you great review Judy!
in Murfreesboro, TN |
I have seen so many doctors, but Dr Pena is the only one that made my skin better!
It is so nice to hear that your skin has improved. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
in Pulaski, TN |
Dr Pena is very smart and her bedside manner was perfect!
Thanks Dan - we enjoy helping people and we want everyone to feel like that received the best care possible.
in Brentwood |
Dr. Pena removed a basal cell carcinoma from my nose. I knew nothing about this diagnosis before my biopsy, but she took the time to explain the condition and informed me properly beforehand about the surgery. I was nervous about the procedure, but she and her staff were patient and professional. I will continue to trust her with any future skin issues that arise.
We want each and every patient to have the same experiences that you have Janet. Thank you so much for your comments and for allowing us to take care of all your skin care needs.
in Columbia, Tn |
I visit Skin Solutions in Columbia, and have the very best nurse practitioner, Darrell. He is great & doesn't miss a thing!!!
Thanks Bitsy! It is always nice to hear that our patients are happy with the care they received!!!
in Nashville, TN |
Front desk staff are very nice and the medical staff treating me like family
Thank you so much for this great review Jeannie. We want to always provide the best care possible and treat everyone the way we would like to be treated
in Nashville, TN |
Dr Pena was very nice and concerned about my issues. She took the time to listen to me
Thank you Denise. All of our providers want to understand our patients concerns and take care of them
in Lewisburg, TN |
very thorough and wants to be sure she does a good job.
Our providers work very closely together to make sure that each and every patient is treated to the best of our ability. We look forward to seeing you soon Al and thank you for the great review!
Nashville, TN |
I actually don't see Dr. Pena but I see her PA, Darryl Smith. He is fantastic and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend him if you need to see a dermatologist.
Thank you for your review- we always want to get feedback from our patients. Dr Pena and all the providers at each of our locations meet regularly to make sure each and every patient gets the best treatment possible.
Lawrenceburg, TN |
Terrible bedside manner. I have never been spoken to so ugly by someone who is supposed to uphold professionalism. I left crying. Not only do I still have the mole on my face, I am now left with a huge scar.
It's disappointing to know that your visit was not what you expected it to be. Our goal is to treat each patient as we would want to be treated. Because your name is not included on this review, we can not call you. But we would like to speak with you. Our number is 615-224-2668. There are ways to improve the appearance of the scar and we would be happy to discuss that with you.
in Franklin, TN |
I have been going to Dr.Pena's office for several years now and have always been pleased with my results. On my last visit I was informed by Walt that the procedure that I had scheduled was no longer needed. I really appreciate his integrity and thoroughness. The staff is very professional and friendly. I do recommend this office.
Ms Tiller, we enjoy having you as our patient and we appreciate this review. All of our providers work together to make sure that the patients we see get the best care possible. We look forward to seeing you soon!
in Madison, Tn |
The staff at Skin Solutions is very polite and professional. They having a warm spirit about them which shows they actually care. I am so thankful to have found such a great place and I will refer all my friends and family to them
Thank you Tabitha for trusting us to take care of your skin care needs. And thank you for sending your boys to visit our office. We really appreciate you and your family
in Madison, TN |
Everybody was so nice and professional. I really like this office and I will refer other people
It was so nice to meet you Blake. Thank you for this great review and we look forward to seeing you soon!
in Columbia, TN |
I was recommended by my Uncle who travels here to have all of his skin care needs handled by Dr. Pena. He currently lives in Florida but trusts Dr. Pena fully.
What a great compliment Robin! We know that there are many options when choosing a doctor and we are very thankful that you and your family chose Skin Solutions!
in Murf, TN |
They take great care of my daughter. Her skin was so bad and when she tried something that didn't work, they adjusted her regimen until the right combination of products was determined. Her skin looks so beautiful now and she is so HAPPY! Thank you Skin Solutions Dermatology!
The way our skin looks can determine how we feel about ourselves. We were so thankful to meet your daughter Angie and to hear that her skin much better now.
in Franklin, TN |
1.5 hour wait. she missed the growth. when i pointed it out she took it off and left a scar
I regret that your experience was not good. I would like to discuss this with you but these review websites to not provide detailed contact information. Please call 615-224-2668. Thank you
in Franklin, Tn |
Had squamous cancer biopsy confirmed 12-15-15. Could not be seen for surgery until 1-21-16. She cancelled that and could not see me until 2-11-16. I found another docter who saw me and removed the cancer 1-5-16.
Have you seen Dr. Julie Pena, MD?

Visit Dr. Pena

Dr. Pena accepts 20 insurance carriers
  • American Republic
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • CHAMPVA
  • CoreSource
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Managed Care (Non-HMO)