Dr. Julie Means, MD

Breast Oncology | Female

Tennessee Oncology 4323 Carothers Pkwy Ste 500 Franklin, TN 37067 Get Directions
Dr. Julie Means, MD
Dr. Julie Means, MD is a breast oncology doctor who practices in Franklin, TN. She is 50 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Means is affiliated with Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Dr. Means' Care Philosophy

I aim to care for patients with respect and compassion and to understand their life goals, offering them them the most advanced cancer treatments and options to participate in new and exciting clinical trials. I specialize in patients at increased risk for breast cancer, early stage breast cancer, and advanced breast cancer. I understand the importance of comprehensive care and address issues related to nutrition, exercise, importance of sleep, and discuss healthy ways of managing stress.

Dr. Means' Experience

See how Dr. Means' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Means

Dr. Means accepts 14 insurance carriers

Dr. Means is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Means has admitting privileges.

Dr. Means' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Means to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Means' Performance
in Columbia, TN |
I was referred to Dr. Means Powell by my former Oncologist in Chattanooga who had attended medical school with her. What I most appreciate about her is that she cares about your overall health and recommends food choices/diet that help to prevent a recurance of cancer. She is compassionate, caring, personable, and communicates well. I highly recommend her. Early in my breast cancer journey I had bad experiences with oncologists. Dr. Means Powell is exceptional.
Franklin, TN |
Dr. Means has been a great doctor for me. She has done a very good job taking care of me for my lung cancer. I feel fortunate to have found her.
in Antioch, TN |
I met Dr. Julia Means-Powell while very ill in the hospital. She has great bedside manner and a way of speaking frankly in a very genuine caring fashion. I am now a hematology patient of hers and she is still the same doctor I met in the hospital. She also is quick to laugh and cares about what is going on in your life that can be impacting your health.
Memphis, TN |
Dr. Means has been a phenonmenial doctor for me. Last year I faced a very agressive breast cancer and she help me come up with a plan, that at the time of surgery I did not have any cancer cells left. I feel so fortunate to have found her. The staff has been loving and supportive of me during this journey. My family and I feel so fortubate to have found her.
in Calhoun, TN |
She is knowledgeable, compassionate and caring. Because of Dr. Means, I am still here to write this post!
Brentwood, TN |
Dr. Means is my doctor for lung cancer and has been very knowledgeable about my condition and very helpful in getting me on a great choice for my lung cancer. Her staff has been very friendly to me and my family. The doctors at Williamson medical center have also been great.
Brentwood, TN |
Dr. Means has been my wife's doctor for 3 years. She has done an amazing job taking care of her. She was diagnosed with an advanced cancer and we were not given alot of options but Dr. Means has found great options for her that have worked well and she has felt good on treatment. We are very thankful that we found her.
in Nashville TN |
Terrible experience. She didn't have knowledge about the importance of lymph nodes and how an extensive removal could cause arm damage and nerve pain. She kept telling me I needed this even though there was no evidence of cancer. She referred me to really low rated doctors.
Gallatin, TN |
She has been an amazing doctor for me. When I first met her I did not have insurance and she provided me the highest level of care. Her office was great. Now I have insurance and I look back on the compassionate care she provided and how well I am doing. All my doctors have told me what a great job she has done and how great I have done under her care. She has such a great reputation when I ever I tell people at WMC she is my doctor that all smile and tell me what a great doc she is .
in Nashville TN |
When you are facing cancer you may say yes to anything doctors recommend. Do your research and don't take everything she says as the truth. Seek 2nd and 3rd opinions. I found her to recommend outdated, unnecessary surgical procedures that caused major damage.
in Franklin, TN |
Dr. Means has been very understanding of my condition and has gone out of her way to make me as comfortable as possible during many blood tests and procedures. She has been kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. She is able to explain terms and reasons for procedures. I feel very comfortable with the care I am getting.
Chicago, IL |
She has been a great resource for us . We did not think my husband had good options until he met with her, I am so glad he met her at the time we really needed a good doctor.
Nashville, TN |
When I moved to Nashville I researched all the breast cancer doctors in the region. I went to Gilda's club and talked with women facing similar diagnosis. I have been fighting metastatic breast cancer for 2 years. I kept hearing Dr. Means name as a great advocate for patients. She has now been my doctor for over a year. She listens very well. She has me on a regimen that is working so well. My husband and I love our visits with her. She makes me laugh, I feel so special and well cared for .
Brentwood, TN |
I was sent to Dr. Means for low red blood cell count and during her treatment of me she found a cancer, which was caught early and I am Thankful it was found. Her staff is very friendly and helpful.
DR. Means has been a great resource for our family she was my husband's doctor and did a great job taking care of him. When I was diagnosed with cancer She has helped me in so many ways she is always there for me when I call or need her
Have you seen Dr. Julie Means, MD?
Are you Dr. Means?

Compare Dr. Means

Dr. Means' Care Philosophy

Dr. Means' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Breast Oncology
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology

Dr. Means has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Means' Board Certifications

• Bone Cancer
  • Brain Cancer
  • Breast Cancer
  • Cervical Cancer
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Colon Cancer
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • ENT Cancer
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Fallopian Tube Cancer
  • Gallbladder and Biliary Tract Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Pancytopenia
  • Pleural Cancer
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Prostate Cancer
  • Secondary Malignancies
  • Small Intestine Cancer
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Stomach and Small Intestine Cancer
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Thrombocytosis

Vandrbilt U

Completed in 2003

Texas Tech U

Graduated in 1991

Dr. Means does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Means and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Breast Oncology