Dr. Julie Maughan, MD

Dr. Julie Maughan, MD

Dermatology | Female | 46 years old

32 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Maughan specializes in Dermatology and practices in South Ogden, UT. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Maughan? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Maughan's Experience

See how Dr. Maughan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Maughan

Dr. Maughan accepts 35 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Maughan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Maughan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Maughan to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Maughan's Performance
Ogden, UT |
Both my husband and I were treated by Dr. Julie Maughan. She was very professional and easy going, and the staff at the office were all very nice and friendly. Highly recommended.
Sunset, UT |
I have beem seeing DR Maughan for several years . She is awesome!! I have psoriasis and had so many problems .Dr Julie helped me get through some really tough times in my life. She is very knowledgeable and keeps trying when things get difficult. I am so glad I found her when I did. I would never go to any other dermatologist. I highly recommend her. She is GREAT!!!!!
in Ogden, UT |
After being treated by her father for several years, Dr. Julie has smoothly transitioned into the same friendly atmosphere and added her individual skills in treating my wife and me professionally I feel comfortable that I have received excellent attention and treatment with my skin problems. Thanks to Dr. Julie and her excellent staff. Bob Pettit
Ogden, UT |
Dr. Maugham knew exactly what to do . She talked me through it and gave valuable medical advice.
Whittier, CA |
Dr. Maughan was professional and knowledgeable... I had a great visit!
in South Ogden, Utah |
She is very caring and hears what you are trying to say. She communicates your options well and let you decide which option you feel is right for you.
Salt Lake City, UT |
Dr. Maughan was very easy to talk to and communicated exactly what she was doing and thinking as well as what to expect going forward.
in Morgan, UT |
Dr. Maughan is always pleasant and professional. She is thorough, asks questions, listens to concerns and is very helpful.
in Ogden, UT |
Dr. Julie Maughan is thorough and takes the time to explain any problems she found and what the options for treatment are. She and all of the staff are very pleasant and helpful, even the billing specialist whom I talked with about an insurance question.
Ogden, UT |
Terrible experience with this doc!! Ringworm is typically diagnosed by visual inspection, or with a light. SHE required a biopsy, a two-week wait for results (which required an ADDITIONAL MD visit), and prescribed a pharmacy grade cortizone cream, which would have caused problems instead of solving any. Two (non-doctor) friends correctly diagnosed me on sight, so I was able to self- treat with over the counter products. Places like this ARE EXACTLY why our medical system is so over priced!
in Clearfield, Utah |
Dr. Julie Maughan saved my life! I had been seeing another doctor and I felt he didn't even care about me. Someone told me about Dr Maughan and I made an appointment with her. On my visit she too a biopsy of a mole on the side of my knee. It came back positive for melanoma. She sent me to Huntsman to have the surgery. They told me that I was so lucky. Just a few more months and I would be fighting for my life. So I do have all the love and respect for Julie.
in Salt Lake City, UT |
I went to her nurse partitioner. She was amazing!!! She listened to my concerns. She was thorough and took her time to make sure all of my concerns were addressed. It is a fun office with a great staff!
Ogden, UT |
My visit was not with Dr. Maughan, but with her PA. The visit was very unprofessional and I believe she looked up my social media accounts after the visit... She did share important information about herself, such as, she gives herself botox and her sisters' thyroid health problems, however.
in Roy, UT |
Missing link with communicating. Used medical terms, without breaking down what it translates to in common language. Felt like questions weren't fully answered. Too many recorded messages on the phone before actually talking to a live person.
in Huntsville, UT |
Julie is condescending to her patient requests, schedules unnecessary appointments that could be handled in one. The last appointment she was too busy to do the actual surgery and stitches resulting in a split open wound. Julie only gives minimal attention during appointments and assigning the rest of her work to her staff. Wasatch Dermatology scheduled an appointment only to seem surprised when I requested they do the procedure.
Have you seen Dr. Julie Maughan, MD?
Are you Dr. Maughan?

Compare Dr. Maughan

Dr. Maughan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology and Internal Medicine
  •  Malpractice claims in Utah not available

Dr. Maughan has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Utah.

Why It Matters: Dr. Maughan's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

University of Utah

Completed in 2007

University of Utah

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Maughan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Maughan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology