Ophthalmology  |
Female
Dr. Julie Calderwood, MD
Dr. Julie Calderwood, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Huntsville, AL. She has been practicing for 7 years.

401 Meridian St N Ste 200

Huntsville, AL 35801

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Calderwood

Dr. Calderwood's Experience

Dr. Calderwood's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Ulcer
  • Visual Field Defects

• Eye Surgery
  • Repair of Eye Laceration

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2010

Dr. Calderwood has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Calderwood does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Calderwood and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Calderwood's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Calderwood to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Calderwood's Performance
    GOOD
Atlanta, GA |
The staff are friendly, but service is slow. We arrived at 2:15 for a 2:30 appointment. We stayed until almost 5:00. The tv in the waiting room was not operational, so it was difficult to entertain my 8 year old. We will not come back.
in Huntsville, AL |
I highly recommend Dr. Calderwood! She has been so helpful with our 2 year old son and correcting his vision problems. She shows patience and kindness towards our child and spends extra time explaining next steps of the treatment plan for my son to my husband and I. We had a great experience with her as our son's doctor!
in Huntsville, AL |
My son has seen Dr. Calderwood for 1.5 yr for his lazy eye. We had a hard time making him wear the glasses at first and had frequent appointments that were so long, I almost gave up on trying, wanting to try another doctor but my wife kept going with him. I've been back twice in the last month and a half and both times it was easily half the amount of time spent in the past, eyes drops and all. The nurses are always fun, the doctor is great and my kid can see out of his bad eye now. I'm relieved
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Calderwood was recommended to me by a friend. I am an adult and found her exam to be very thorough and her explanations were more than I have ever had from my previous eye doctor. I know she specializes in pediatric eye problems, but she is also an excellent adult ophthalmologist! The wait time is worth it for a exam and evaluation by her and her staff. Excellent experience.
Huntsville, AL |
Dr. Calderwood and her staff are the best - she is so calm and knowledgeable. My child was a " work-in" and referred from our pediatric dr office. We knew we would be waiting but were so happy that we could get in. She was able to explain my son's eye problem and will watch it for several months before doing surgery. Thanks to the whole staff for a great job! I would give 10 stars if possible and recommend her to all my friends. (I made an appointment to see her myself).
Huntsville, AL |
I have a special needs child and have seen Dr. Calderwood for two visits. Each time she has been very thorough in her exam and has explained and answered all my questions. I appreciate the extra time it requires for an exam of my child and the staff's patience. She is a very caring doctor and I am glad she came to Huntsville.
in Huntsville, AL |
Dr Calderwood and her staff were extremely up-beat, polite, and pleasant. I had a wonderful experience and would recommend her to all my friends and family. She was knowledgeable and answered all of my questions fully. Despite the wait she was well worth it.
Huntsville, AL |
We have had several appointments for my daughter who is 15 months old. Each time we have been treated with respect, our questions were answered, and the staff were very friendly.
in Alabama |
The doctor was rude to her own staff, and she was not very patient or friendly to her patients. She got my daughter's prescription wrong and stood by it after a second visit. My daughter couldn't see out of her glasses at all so I had to pay to have a new doctor's prescription after paying a good bit for a prescription that is not even able to be used.
in Huntsville, AL |
If possible I would not give a single star. Unprofessional office with zero respect for patients. Waited 1 1/2 hours to be seen by staff member. No apology for the wait was offered. After a brief examination we were ushered into the waiting area again. Waiting area was packed so we waited in the noisy play area while our infant son tried to sleep. 30 mins later saw the dr. Dr Calderwood never introduced herself and did not apologize. Proceeded to make our infant son scream until we had enough.
in Huntsville Al |
I had adult strabismus surgery and was very pleased. Of course her practice is predominately children and she is the ONLY pediatric eye surgeon in this area so you may have to wait but she is extremely through and patient and worth the wait. I also do anesthesia everyday for surgeons and rarely do you see one as gifted as she
in Madison, AL |
Absolutely unbelievable practice she has. She is very patient, knowledgable and intelligent. The support staff is also equally impressive. The place is very clean and organized!
in Madison, AL |
We sat in the waiting room for an hour before they called our name. Once we made it into the room, we were rushed through the initial eye exam and then the person asking my 5 YO son questions was abruptly called out by the dr, no explanation. We were in limbo for another 20 minutes. During that time, my son had to use the bathroom so we left and went out into the hallway to the restrooms by the elevators and finally after that, we saw the dr, who spent a grand total of 10 minutes with us.
Have you seen Dr. Julie Calderwood, MD?
Are you Dr. Calderwood?