Dr. Julie Hanson, MD

Dr. Julie Hanson, MD

Pediatrics  |
Dr. Julie Hanson, MD is a pediatrics doctor who practices in Norwalk, IA. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Read her story

9421 Marketplace Dr

Norwalk, IA 50211

• Ameritas
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Learn about Dr. Hanson

Dr. Hanson's Experience

Dr. Hanson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatrics
  • Board certified in Pediatrics

Dr. Hanson's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hanson "My name is Julie Hanson and I'm a board certified pediatrician practicing in Norwalk, Iowa. I grew up in DeKalb, Illinois and admit to being a proud (and eternally grateful) Cubs fan! In my free time I'm an avid photographer and traveler. My husband and I have one grown daughter whom we are very proud of and one rescue dog that we adore. I enjoy caring for children in need and also counseling about healthy habits that promote well-being. I have a special interest (and training) in pediatric lymphedema as it affects our family personally."

This content was provided by Dr. Hanson "My approach is all about listening and caring and about being thorough. I'm a detail person."

• Pediatrics

• Allergic Rhinitis
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Asthma in Children
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Dermatitis

• Well Baby Care
  • Well Child Examination
  • Wellness Examination
  • Wound Care and Management

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Iowa.

• Hendrix College
  • Marshfield Clin/St Josephs Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Klose Training Lymphedema Certification
    Other Education | Completed 2014

Dr. Hanson has no media or publications listed.

• French

Dr. Hanson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hanson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hanson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hanson to family and friends
Dr. Hanson Says:

Thanks so much for constructive feedback. Always appreciated!

Dr. Hanson's Performance
Dubuque, IA |
Wonderful physician and is very thorough!
in Dubuque, IA |
Dr. Hanson is an amazing physician. Everytime my kiddos were in to see her she was always thorough, patient, knowledgeable and most of all caring. Our family is very fond of her and her kindness. She has one of the biggest hearts of anyone we have ever met. She has gained our family's trust and we always know we will be taken good care of in her hands. She pushes for answers and is an amazing advocate for families. She has always went above and beyond our expectations!
in Dubuque, IA |
Dr. Hanson was the first person my son saw after he was born 5 weeks early. She was right there after my c-section and took such amazing care of him in the NICU and was his pediatrician until she left our clinic when he was 9. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Hanson! She is smart, caring, compassionate and listens to not only the patients but to their parents! My heart broke when she left our clinic, but if you live in the Des Moines area and need a pediatrician-book with her!!
in Dubuque, IA |
Dr. Hanson was the most dedicated and thorough pediatrician in Dubuque. Our 2 kids loved her. She took care of them for 12 years, and we were so sad to see her leave Dubuque for Norwalk, IA. Our loss is their gain. The only downside is that it was sometimes hard to get appointments with her, because her practice was so booked up.
in Dubuque, IA |
I could not ask for a more experienced, knowledgeable, compassionate pediatrician for my kids than Dr. Hanson. She is totally professional, and yet still maintains a down-to-earth rapport with her patients that puts everyone at ease. Fantastic experience with her every time!
in Dubuque, IA |
Anyone who now gets the privilege of having Dr. Hanson to chose for a doctor is lucky! Dr. Hanson was my primary pediatrician for 3.5 years before she decided to continue her journey out of Dubuque. She is very knowledgeable, explains everything extremely well, and is one of the most compassionate doctors I’ve ever met! Highly recommended to anyone with children. Our family misses her tremendously!
in Dubuque, IA |
We met Dr Hanson when our 3rd daughter was admitted to the nicu. She was the best dr informative and she took the best care she could of our Aby!!! Taking care of Aby took a village and having the greatest dr eased the stress of having a special needs child. She always made sure Aby had everything she needed and was there for our family when Aby passed away. She cares about her family’s and wants what’s best for them.
New York, NY |
Incredible doctor with a huge heart and sharp mind. Made me feel safe and cared for.
in Dubuque IA |
Dr Hanson has been our Pediatrician for 17 years. She is a smart knowledgeable Doctor who happens to also have a wonderful rapport with children. She is very caring and does a fantastic job with issues both simple and complicated.. In 17 years she has never let us down.. I would highly recommend her to any anyone.
in Dubuque, Iowa |
My kids were too old to go to her, but I worked her in the hospital. She is very knowledgeable in the care of children and newborns.. Plus her bedside manner often put the frightened child at ease as she sat in the bed by them and explained it to the child in his terms what was happening and what they were going to do to fix it.. As to infants she's very kind and moved slowly and gently talking to them all the while. As an experienced nurse I would highly recommend her.
in East Dubuque, IL |
Dr Hanson is a great listener and treats the patient as a whole and isn't one to just treat the symptoms without digging a lil deeper to help find the root cause. She is great with children especially our son with special needs.
Have you seen Dr. Julie Hanson, MD?
Are you Dr. Hanson?