Dr. Julie Giglio, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 62

Psychiatry

Dr. Julie Giglio, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Tustin, CA and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of Virginia / Main Campus in 1988. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Julie Giglio, MD

Julie G Giglio, MD

161 Fashion Ln Ste 203 Tustin, CA 92780
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Giglio's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Giglio's Top Procedures and Conditions

Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Giglio performs Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Giglio performs this procedure more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Giglio's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Couples Therapy
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Eating Disorders
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Medication Management
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Panic Disorder
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery

Dr. Giglio's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Giglio

Dr. Giglio

Thankful for Treatment with Care
Thank you Dr. Giglio for years of guidance and medical care. You have been instrumental in guiding me through the ups and downs of dealing with bi-polar disorder. You were instrumental in keeping me out of hospitalization and for that I will be forever grateful. It is amazing that my marriage remains strong and you played a critical role. Bless your heart!
Aug 07, 2022
Great Psychiatrist!
Having a good psychiatrist is extremely important to me-and Dr. Giglio more than fits the bill. My very favorite thing about her is her reliability; she always, always gets back to me in a timely fashion when I call her. She is extremely careful about making sure that my prescriptions are refilled at the right time, with proper dosages, etc., and so good about scheduling my next visit when I feel I need it. There are never any of the things I’ve dealt with from other doctors; no sitting around anxiously awaiting a call, no phone tag, no unreliable office staff, no email, and no patient portal to mess up! She is always good at informing me about the newest treatments available. She is such a good listener, and I will miss her. Great people deserve great things-so I hope her hard earned retirement is fantastic!
Sandra J. – Jul 27, 2022
Happy Retirement!
Dr Giglio is a wonderful doctor that will be missed when she retires. She is very knowledgeable, great listener, cares for her patience and really a wonderful person. She helped me in so many ways that I am forever grateful that she was my Dr.
denise s tietz – Jul 17, 2022
Happy Retirement!
Outside of family, I've known Dr. Giglio longer than anyone else that I maintain a relationship with in my life – almost 10 years. I wish her the happiest retirement and all the blessings in the world. She certainly tried her best to give those blessings to me.
Eamon – Jul 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julie Giglio, MD?
Dr Giglio was an incredible listener and provided so much valuable feedback. I will truly miss my appointments.
Anonymous – Jul 10, 2022
Saved me and my family
When I went to Dr. Giglio the first time I was in the middle of a bipolar episode that was on the verge of destroying my life. My wife and I felt hopeless and that there was no end in sight. I was ready to walk away from my career, family, and everyone I knew to disappear and never come back. From the first visit I knew that she cared about me. I have never had a dr. that I felt had a vested interest in me like she did. We were able to get me stable after two other psychiatrists were unable to do that. I have been stable for 6 years because of the work she put in with me. Because of her I know what a great psychiatrist looks like and I couldn't be more grateful for how hard she has worked to keep me healthy. My friends, my wife, my kids, and myself are all forever grateful for how she has treated and cared for me. Without her I would have none of those things. To say she is the best and I'm grateful would be an understatement and I could never repay her for what she has done.
Mike Brook – Jun 02, 2022
Holistic Approach
Dr. Giglio and her holistic approach has giving me the confidence to make big leaps and bounds in regards to moving forward in my life. I am thankful for what she has down. She shifted my perspective of healing = no medicine and no help, to healing = whatever makes me well and leads to me being able to live to what I value and care for. Thanks Dr. Giglio
Connor M. – May 06, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julie Giglio, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Julie Giglio for many years as an adult. She has provided me with psychiatric services including psychotropic medications, as well as psychotherapy. I have always been extremely satisfied with her services and extremely impressed with her professionalism. Dr. Giglio has carefully guided me during the use of psychotropic medications and has taken every precaution to ensure that I am functioning well psychologically. She has carefully tracked my physical and emotional well-being and has made very beneficial suggestions concerning my treatment. I also greatly benefited from the psychotherapy she provided me when I had issues to discuss. Dr. Giglio has a very personable manner and has made me feel comfortable at all times when I receive services from her. She has always carefully scheduled my appointments and sent me timely reminders. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Giglio to anyone who is in need of psychiatric and/or psychotherapy services.
Dec 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julie Giglio, MD?
If you want a Doctor that won’t waste your time. That will actually listen to your problems. Give you multiple suggestions on how to correct and improve mental attitude. Dr Giglio, brought me out of a very dark place. She motivated me to improve myself.
Oct 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julie Giglio, MD?
Dr. Giglio is a knowledgeable and caring psychiatrist who listens and respects me. She gives me different perspectives about how to change my negative thoughts into more positive ones. She can prescirbe medications too, but I am doing well with talk therapy alone!
Aug 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julie Giglio, MD?
She took me off the antidepressant I had been on for ten years (miracle drug) and over-medicated me with drugs that I did not respond well to. I gained twenty pounds and was suicidal due to her prescriptions that she insisted I stay on. She did not listen to me and was very condescending in her approach. She also ended our therapy sessions 20-30 minutes early and demanded full price. Luckily, I found another doctor that is much more collaborative and actually listens to me.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Dec 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julie Giglio, MD?
Dr. Giglio is the most caring Dr. I have come across. I will recommend her every chance i get. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to find a Doctor in the field. She is an angel.
Susan Weatherholt in Huntington Beach – Dec 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julie Giglio, MD?
Are you kidding me! I had a "spell" of anxiety (6+months) where I could not even funcation. Even my regular Dr. understood .... blood tests, etc. DR. G. said I was in alcohol withdrawal (I was still drinking wine .... 1-3 glasses + ... I told her this. Worst experience EVER!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Cheryl in Portland, OR – Feb 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julie Giglio, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Giglio?