Dr. Julie Brown, MD

Family Medicine | Female

Unity Point Clinics Fmly Medcn 600 N College Ave Ste 120 Geneseo, IL 61254 Get Directions
Dr. Julie Brown, MD
Dr. Julie Brown, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Geneseo, IL. Dr. Brown is affiliated with Hammond-Henry Hospital.

Dr. Brown's Experience

See how Dr. Brown's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Brown has admitting privileges.

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
2.5
Dr. Brown's Performance
    FAIR
in Geneseo, IL |
I am not sure about the negative comments given, I can only speak from my own experience. I think Dr. Brown is a great doctor who is direct and to the point! I find that refreshing, and she speaks in terms that I can understand. She is thorough and very knowledgeable in her field. I find her bedside mannerisms to be direct and to the point. I guess if you are looking for "hugs" she may not be the doctor for you, however if you are looking for a great doctor Dr. Brown is the one for you!
in Geneseo IL |
BEFORE we switched to Dr Julie Brown my 2 year old was TERRIFIED of the doctors office and would tremble if you even mentioned it. Dr Julie is so patient with him and makes him so comfortable. She takes the time to let him warm up to her by letting him play with her doctor tools and talking and playing with him. My son is excited to go to the doctor now. He loves Dr Julie! And I do as well she is also my doctor and I always leave assured and confident in her medical advice. Not rude at all!
in Geneseo, IL |
I found Dr Brown to be rude and insensitive also. She did not like having questions posed to her at all. I have been to her twice and was unhappy both visits. On the first visit I was asked to write down concerns I wanted to discuss with her. She addressed none of them. There were only 2. On my second visit she said she would schedule a referral for me. It has been a week and I haven't heard from them. I had blood work done over a week ago and they haven't called with the results.
in Geneseo, IL |
This review is on my behalf and also my mother's. My family has gone to that office for 30yrs, had a wonderful Dr that retired sadly. His replacement is awful! The most rude, uncaring Dr I have dealt with in my life! I have NEVER experienced anything like this! And to top things off she has now blocked my mom from seeing ANY Dr there because she does not like a medication my mom has been on since my brother was killed. No concern at all.. must be nice to just throw your patients away.
I also found Dr. Brown to be rude and insensitive with my parent at the first visit. I called her on it and voiced my opinion to her face. After that, she was much nicer to them. I agree that her nurse is awesome, with wonderful bedside manner, very caring.
First she's very rude. Second she told me I was washing my hands too much and that's why I had a rash on my hands. It kept getting worse and I went to a different Dr. Now I have a severe case of ringworm that's harder to treat. Never again am I returning to her.
in Geneseo |
Very rude and judgemental obviously because I receive social security. She has no idea of my circumstances regarding that. Made me feel under attack. Left crying. Horrible patient relations. Nurse was fabulous however. Dr should take a lesson from her nurse on bedside manners and customer care and verbal interaction. Will not return to that woman. First time and changing Dr. Did order test as requested however but barely examined or acknowledged me other than to scold me about SS disability
Have you seen Dr. Julie Brown, MD?
Are you Dr. Brown?

Compare Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Dr. Brown does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Brown does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.