Dr. Juliana Kanji, MD

Dr. Juliana Kanji, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry | Female

JULIANA KANJI, MD 775 Park Ave Ste 154 Huntington, NY 11743 Get Directions

Dr. Juliana Kanji, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry doctor who practices in Huntington, NY. She is 66 years old.

Dr. Kanji's Experience

See how Dr. Kanji's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Kanji

Dr. Kanji accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Kanji's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kanji to family and friends
2.1
Dr. Kanji's Performance
    GOOD
    FAIR
I was trying to become a returning patient of Dr Kanji but the arrogance and unprofessional Office staff will ruin her practice I attempted to set up appointment leaving answering messages and email but no calls were made Also had problem with my medical insurance that was active just went to Dr a day ago and had no problem with processing my insurance. When I was a patient years ago the admin seem to able to handle the office week and endure the pressure.Dr Kanji's office conduct has another b
CENTERPORT |
The office staff (especially the office manager) as well as the Doctors at this practice are unprofessional with no regard for the well being of their patients. They should be ashamed to call themselves professionals, let alone doctors of mental health. Save yourself from this sorry excuse of a doctors office.
Brooklyn, NY |
Unethical practice , this office should be closed down. Stay away for the sake of your children.
Huntington, NY |
Everything about the office is shady. She'll write a script for $50 cash. Cash only. The wait has NEVER been less than an hour. These kids are being treated for anxiety and the place is double and triple booked. If you ask how much longer, the staff will bite your head off. It really should be investigated.
in Old Westbury, NY |
Absolutely awful. You book an appointment and then don't even see the doctor. You are seen by an unprofessional physician's assistant. Would steer everyone far away from this practice. Receptionists are rude and unprofessional. Glad I am done with them.
Huntington,ny |
I wish I would give this review 0 stars. Dr. Kanji and her staff are very rude and unprofessional. The wait time is always 1 or more hours and when I do finally see her she sees me for 1-5 min. She was out of the office one day and no one cared to call me to tell me she wasn't there so I came in and they still took my copay for a visit that never happened because of the Doctor and would not give my copay back. She does not care about the well being of her patients. She only cares about the money
in Huntington, NY |
Truly Disgraceful! Overbooks, sees multiple patients, jumps around spends 5 min or less with ea., enough to prescribe meds + collect $. As of today, she no longer takes a certain insurance and now expects patients with prior appoint. to pay up front in cash with no advance notice of her new policy. The ins co told me they dumped her from their plan for her poor practices. She said to find another Dr then refused to renew a script to carry over while looking unless we paid the 125.00 for a visit
in Melville, NY |
Ok as I read these horrific comments I have to laugh to myself someone actually stated they only go to dr Kanji cuz of close proximity (mean while they live in the Bronx) lmao This Dr has helped me for 20 yrs plus the reason why it might be a wait is because Dr Kanji takes her time w her patients and listens which the majority of general Drs don't do now a days .... IF YOUR UNHAPPY BECAUSE your waiting to long and or are drug seeking then go elsewhere This dr saved my life
Bronx, NY |
Very negative experience. You will wait at least one hour after your scheduled appointment. Everyone in the office has a terrible attitude and always seem to be in a bad mood--- which is ironic given the type of office this is. The only reason to come here is close proximity to your home. There is no real medical decisions going on behind these doors. Find someone better in the area. This is a factory.
in Huntington, NY |
The only experience was one of horror! First my appointment was lost, then replaced by a concerned social worker. When I showed up before the appointment I received a number. Then for over 2 hours I watched 7 other numbers, higher than mine, be taken before me. The practitioner, the receptionist and the doctor were so thoughtless - why are these practitioners caregivers to challenged people? Or are they???? Won't be using this office.
in Mastic Beach, New York |
I have seen quite a few Drs. in my lifetime yet I haven't found 1 who is more caring, insightful & helpful than Dr. Kanji. I've been going to see her for over 2 years now & even though a year ago I moved over an hour away from her I refuse to find a Dr. closer to me. She has gotten me through some very difficult times that I wasn't sure I'd get through. I trust her whole-heartedly. She has never given me advice that wasn't helpful. If you're looking for a Dr. she's definitely the 1 to see.
Huntington,NY |
I wish I could give a 0 star rating. This is the worst doctor's office experience I have ever had. I'm writing this review while waiting to see my doctor. I have been waiting an hour so far and still have 2 more people in front of me. The women who work at the reception desk are unhelpful, always make mistakes with my appointments, and as other reviewers have said --- always blame ME. It tells you a lot about Dr. Kanji that she has picked these people to work for her. STAY AWAY.
in Huntington, NY |
When I went for my first appointment last week with Dr.Kanji, I was skeptical because I'd seen so many doctors in the past who gave me meds that never helped and never understood what I was going through. That all changed when I met Dr. Kanji! She was caring and took the time to listen, understand all of my symptoms, and put me at ease; recommending solutions that no other doctor had even mentioned. She adjusted my medications and I feel better than I have in 10+ years! AMAZING DOCTOR!
Bay Shore, NY |
Staff has always be kind and I have never had a problem getting a convenient appointment. Wait time reasonable, maybe 10 minutes. Dr Kanji has always been a very compassionate listener. I trust her judgement and I am 100% satisfied with her as my doctor.
in Farmingdale, NY |
I love going to Dr. kanjis office! The staff is amazing and Dr. Kanji is so understanding and takes her time to listen to you.
in Huntington, NY |
Dr Kanji has a super busy office, but I never feel rushed. She asked me questions to get to know me. Asked me questions to finally help me get to the bottom of things. Had recommendations, sympathy, empathy, and explained everything she was thinking. She is very knowledgeable and has helped my family in numerous situations. I felt at ease immediately. Highly, highly, highly recommend! Dr. Kanji is a WONDERFUL doctor
New York, NY |
Dr. Kanji is a brilliant healer. Dr. Kanji is kind and has heart. Dr. Kanji has helped so much. Because of Dr. Kanji's interventions in my health care, I am able to continue being productive and stable in my work life and my personal life. Dr. Kanji listens to her patient and has both intuitive and medical skill in diagnosing and treatment of this patient. I am grateful to have Dr. Kanji working with me. I am so fortunate that visits with Dr. Kanji have turned my decline around.
If your idea of seeing a psychiatrist involves being greeted by receptionists with a worse malady than your own, Dr. Kanji is right for you. You will encounter no heartfelt care from her rude and incompetent staff and little more from Dr. Kanji herself about this matter. A professional can be soundly judged by the people they allow to greet you and those who surround them.
in Huntington, NY |
My family and I have been seeing Dr. Kanji for years. Yes, she knows what she is doing medically, but is potentially one of the worst business women I have encountered. The office staff is the rudest group of people I've had the displeasure of dealing with. They make a mistake, and its never their fault. CONSTANT MISTAKES, NEVER TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. Then Dr.Kanji will not let you speak if you try to complain to her about her staff. Not sure why she doesn't want to listen to her patients.
Have you seen Dr. Juliana Kanji, MD?
Are you Dr. Kanji?

Compare Dr. Kanji

}

Dr. Kanji's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

No malpractice history found for New York.

• ADHD and-or ADD

Albany Med Center Hospital
    Brookdale University Hospital Med Center
    Frankford Hospital

• Hindi

Dr. Kanji does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kanji and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
  • Psychiatry

• Family Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)