Dr. Julian Y. Ungar-Sargon Sr., PHD

Dr. Julian Y. Ungar-Sargon Sr., PHD

Neurology | Male | 66 years old

Learn about this provider

To empower my patients to manage their own neurological symptoms alongside conventional medical practice.to practice compassionate medicine that allows for healing to occur in the delicate space between physician and patient. please refer to www.drungar.com for more about our unique philosophy of care and compassion. To use state of art technology in the service of our patients and provide them the best healthcare information about their illnesses so as to allow them to better decide. WWW.DRUNGAR.COMRead more

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr.'s Experience

Visiting Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr.

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr. accepts 10 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr. has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr.'s Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr. to family and friends
3.4
Experience with Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr.
Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr.'s Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (60)
in MOROCCO |
I would highly recommend him !! He listens and takes time to listen. If he recommends injections do it .It has helped me tremendously !! Welcome to anew staff member Tara. !! Liked her immediately !!,,..Mollie, Leeney
in Kokomo IN |
amazing caring compassionate physician actually listened to my pain issues actually cared gave me his direct line for emergencies amazing!!! highly recommended
in Crawfordsville, IN |
Almost put a needle in my spine one day when my problem isnt back related After his tests I asked what the results were he said "shows nothing" When another doctor reviewed my records from him was shocked to hear all of his diagnoses None of which were accurate I HAD TO TELL HIM the right test do Found out its an excruciating neurological condition He missed it Treated me like an addict and constantly shushed me Plays on people's pain Most incompetent doctor I've been to Crying in pain is better
HORRIBLE-I would give zero stars if it were an option! Scheduling is a joke, he's evasive when questioning medications changes and then changes his answer monthly as to why he's switching. Always overscheduled to the point that there's not even a place to sit while waiting. Not to mention, drug addicts in the waiting room discussing inappropriate things (not what my teen daughter needs to hear). Stay as FAR away from this Dr as possible!!! 60 days for medical records is RIDICULOUS...
Cedar Lake, IN |
Dr. Ungar is wonderful - he ordered detailed tests which found a health issue. He is thorough and an understanding doctor.
in Valparaiso, IN |
Dr. Ungar is very compassionate, and kind to all of his patients. He takes the time out to talk to you and show he cares! I'm very grateful for his help he's given to me.
in Schererville, IN |
WORST DR. EVER! Every monthly visit I went to was the worst experience I'd ever had. He has NO bedside manner, is sadistic and downright cruel. He never listened to anything I had to say and I never ordered any of the testing I needed because him and his office staff were just down right rude and incompetent. I've never had a doctor talk down to me or actually yell at me and that was all he did every visit when I'd ask questions about my conditions...and they always wondered why my BP was high!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr Ungar was great he found the issue no one else could and was able to treat me without drugging me. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a neurologist.
in Kokomo, IN |
Even on his busiest days, Dr. Ungar has always been very polite and professional.
in crawfordsville indiana |
Dr. Ungar cares alot about his patients. He is doin work on me and the staff is awesome in Lafayette where we go. I know all of the staff in there and its like visiting with friends. He makes sure you are in the best of shape and he does actually do tests to help find the problem instead of shoving drugs down your throat without any explanation. He is awesome. Very good with the public and concerned bout your well being.
in Indiana |
Dr. Ungar is a very caring and compassionate doctor and he helped me with my injuries that left me unable to function for a year, and he was able to help me get back to using my hands for daily tasks. He did this even though medicaid was paying him peanuts compared to what he should be making. Also he did wrist injections a 2nd time a yr after the 1st ones he gave me even though medicaid denied payment this time. He did them for free bc he cares and I was in pain.
Have you seen Dr. Julian Y. Ungar-Sargon Sr., PHD?
Are you Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr.?

Compare Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr.

Compare this Provider

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr.'s Care Philosophy

WWW.DRUNGAR.COM

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr.'s experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Sanctions found

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr. has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr. has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Indiana.

Sanction

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr. has received 1 sanction

• Failure to disclose required information (8/19/2015)
    • Action Taken: Reprimand
    • Summary: Ungar-Sargon, Julian Y MD: License # 036115934: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician entered into Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement (DEA) in September 2013 and failing to notify the Department regarding said MOA. . ACTION TAKEN: The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation issued a REPRIMAND on the physician’s license.
    • State: Illinois

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Sleep-Walking
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

Graduated in 2014

• French
  • German
  • Hebrew

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr. does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr. and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology

• Morphine Pump
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.