Neurology  |
Dr. Julian Ungar-Sargon Sr, PHD
Dr. Julian Ungar-Sargon Sr, PHD is a neurology provider who practices in Merrillville, IN. He is 67 years old and has been practicing for 43 years. Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr is affiliated with Franciscan Health Rensselaer and Indiana University Health Arnett Hospital.

255 E 90th Dr Ste W3

Merrillville, IN 46410

• Guardian
  • Principal Financial Group
  • Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr

To empower my patients to manage their own neurological symptoms alongside conventional medical practice.to practice compassionate medicine that allows for healing to occur in the delicate space between physician and patient. please refer to www.drungar.com for more about our unique philosophy of care and compassion. To use state of art technology in the service of our patients and provide them the best healthcare information about their illnesses so as to allow them to better decide.

WWW.DRUNGAR.COM

• Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Sleep-Walking
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

• Lumbar Puncture
  • Morphine Pump
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

1 Sanction
  • Failure to disclose required information (8/19/2015)
    Action Taken: Reprimand
    Summary: Ungar-Sargon, Julian Y MD: License # 036115934: NATURE OF COMPLAINT: The physician entered into Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with the US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement (DEA) in September 2013 and failing to notify the Department regarding said MOA. . ACTION TAKEN: The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation issued a REPRIMAND on the physician’s license.
    State: Illinois

• New York Presbyterian-Columbia
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1978
  • New York Presbyterian-Columbia
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1979

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr has no media or publications listed.

• French
  • German
  • Hebrew

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr to family and friends
3.3
Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr's Performance
Chicago, IL |
I have Chronic Back Pain of my lower back I've been threw multiple Surgeries the past five years. My PCP gave me a referral for pain management. Its been all Down Hill from there. Instead of keeping on the Pain Rx I was on they wanted to lower it. Not a problem!! But when u change my Rx you have to seed in a pre-authorization letter with my medical history explaining why & if I had takin physical therapy before there insurance will approve the Rx change 2weeks & still no Rx !!
in Crown Point |
I brought my daughter in to see the doctor based on my insurance plan accepts. Ran several expensive test. made appt to discuss results never looked at chart never looked at computer never discussed results. He signed scripted and had to be pulled in to give me results. I asked if it could be med related he stated he review chart had one more appt since never mention any med changes. MY daughter witnessed him verbally abusing staff in ear shot and is afraid of him. Document laid in her chart
in Cedar Lake, IN |
Dr. Ungar is an amazing doctor. I have fought chronic pain for years. Other doctors just wanted to do surgeries and prescribe pain meds. Dr. Ungar has given me my life back. Cannot say enough good about this man.
in Merrillville, IN |
I have been treating for Dr. Ungar for lower back pain and tingliness down the arms and legs. After a treatment injection I feel phenomenally like a new individual. I would highly recommend dr. Ungar.
in Lafayette |
Dr Ungar is very compassionate and fair towards his patients. He has vigorously worked with me to help manage my pain.
in MOROCCO |
I would highly recommend him !! He listens and takes time to listen. If he recommends injections do it .It has helped me tremendously !! Welcome to anew staff member Tara. !! Liked her immediately !!,,..Mollie, Leeney
in Kokomo IN |
amazing caring compassionate physician actually listened to my pain issues actually cared gave me his direct line for emergencies amazing!!! highly recommended
in Crawfordsville, IN |
Almost put a needle in my spine one day when my problem isnt back related After his tests I asked what the results were he said "shows nothing" When another doctor reviewed my records from him was shocked to hear all of his diagnoses None of which were accurate I HAD TO TELL HIM the right test do Found out its an excruciating neurological condition He missed it Treated me like an addict and constantly shushed me Plays on people's pain Most incompetent doctor I've been to Crying in pain is better
HORRIBLE-I would give zero stars if it were an option! Scheduling is a joke, he's evasive when questioning medications changes and then changes his answer monthly as to why he's switching. Always overscheduled to the point that there's not even a place to sit while waiting. Not to mention, drug addicts in the waiting room discussing inappropriate things (not what my teen daughter needs to hear). Stay as FAR away from this Dr as possible!!! 60 days for medical records is RIDICULOUS...
Cedar Lake, IN |
Dr. Ungar is wonderful - he ordered detailed tests which found a health issue. He is thorough and an understanding doctor.
in Valparaiso, IN |
Dr. Ungar is very compassionate, and kind to all of his patients. He takes the time out to talk to you and show he cares! I'm very grateful for his help he's given to me.
in Schererville, IN |
WORST DR. EVER! Every monthly visit I went to was the worst experience I'd ever had. He has NO bedside manner, is sadistic and downright cruel. He never listened to anything I had to say and I never ordered any of the testing I needed because him and his office staff were just down right rude and incompetent. I've never had a doctor talk down to me or actually yell at me and that was all he did every visit when I'd ask questions about my conditions...and they always wondered why my BP was high!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr Ungar was great he found the issue no one else could and was able to treat me without drugging me. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a neurologist.
in Kokomo, IN |
Even on his busiest days, Dr. Ungar has always been very polite and professional.
in crawfordsville indiana |
Dr. Ungar cares alot about his patients. He is doin work on me and the staff is awesome in Lafayette where we go. I know all of the staff in there and its like visiting with friends. He makes sure you are in the best of shape and he does actually do tests to help find the problem instead of shoving drugs down your throat without any explanation. He is awesome. Very good with the public and concerned bout your well being.
in Indiana |
Dr. Ungar is a very caring and compassionate doctor and he helped me with my injuries that left me unable to function for a year, and he was able to help me get back to using my hands for daily tasks. He did this even though medicaid was paying him peanuts compared to what he should be making. Also he did wrist injections a 2nd time a yr after the 1st ones he gave me even though medicaid denied payment this time. He did them for free bc he cares and I was in pain.
Have you seen Dr. Julian Ungar-Sargon Sr, PHD?
Are you Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr?

Visit Dr. Ungar-Sargon Sr