Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Julian Kuz, MD
Dr. Julian Kuz, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Grand Rapids, MI. He is 53 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Kuz is affiliated with Mercy Health Saint Mary's Campus, Spectrum Health - Blodgett Hospital and Metro Health Hospital.

1111 Leffingwell Ave NE Ste 100

Grand Rapids, MI 49525

• Priority Health
  • Spectrum Health

Learn about Dr. Kuz

Dr. Kuz's Experience

Dr. Kuz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• University Of Minnesota Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • Grand Rapids Orth Surgery Res Program
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Blodgett Memorial Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • University Of Minnesota School Of Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Kuz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Kuz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Kuz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Kuz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Kuz to family and friends
Dr. Kuz's Performance
in Ada, MI |
I recently had surgery on my fingers. Dr. Kuz was very thorough in explaining my procedure. He was easy to talk to and listen to my concerns. With all my followup visit he always encouraged me that things were going as expected. I am so pleased with the results and highly recommend Dr. Kuz.
in Bay City, MI |
i'm a 62 year old male activities include golfing bicycle riding cooking and hunting and fishing. When I explained my concerns and desires he was very forthcoming with his opinions and projected outcome of having a plate and fusions in my right wrist I had the procedure done in April of 2016 I am extremely happy with the outcome I have no restrictions and NO pain glad I made this choice just wish it would have improved my golf game
in Muskegon, MI |
My impression was, Dr. Kuz communicated with a surgeon I had seen previously and Dr Kuz formed an opinion before my appointment that negatively impacted his ability to be objective about care he could provide.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I highly recommend Dr. Kuz for anyone with hand/wrist orthopedic problems. I had a severe break to my right radius and ulna (dominant hand); due to the type of break in each bone, I had to have surgery for repair and plate placement. Dr. Kuz is very knowledgeable and confident in his recommendations, and goes over all your treatment options with you. Unfortunately in my case, surgery was the only option for successful repair. I'm now 7 months post-op and doing great!
in Ada, MI |
Dr. Kuz provides excellent medical care. He was thorough in explaining all aspects of my condition. When caring for me, he presented all of my options for treatment. I chose surgery because it best fit my active lifestyle and am very pleased with my decision. I would highly recommend Dr. Kuz for top notch work and personal attention tailored to his patient's needs.
Dr. Kuz is very friendly and explains each step in the procedure. He fixed my hand which had Dupytens Contracure in one finger with 3 injections and then straightening my finger a week after the injections. All went well and I would highly recommend him to anyone with hand problems.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
34 days ago Dr. Kuz performed a basilar thumb arthroplasty for a painful arthritic joint. He had previously carefully explained my condition, treatment options, and his method of surgery. He did not try to "push" the surgery on me but said he was able to do it if and when I wanted. The surgery , recovery, post op visits, and bit of therapy, all went extremely well. I had very minimal post op pain, and am very happy with the results. Dr Kuz is skilled, caring and has an efficiently run office.
in Hastings MI |
Very professional, takes time to explain things in detail. Office staff very friendly and helpful
in Hudsonville, MI |
Great experience! the outcome was as he indicated
in Midland, MI |
I recommend Dr Kuz highly. He replaced my radial head in my left arm. The Dr's in Midland failed to fix it after two years. I was recommended to Dr Kuz by my son-in-law (Paul) who is an anestheologist who often works with Dr Kuz. Paul was right ,Dr Kuz is amazing. I was in and out of surgery in 60 minutes, a few minutes in the pacu for vitals, clothes on and out the door. Quick efficient on time. I walked 7 blocks, went to the grocery after surgery with my grandkids. I had ZERO PAIN ever.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
I have had many surgeries on my hands having RA but it was Dr. Kuz that gave the pain in my hands relief. He has made a huge difference in my life ! Dr. Kuz is one of the most caring doctors I have ever had and can not wait to return in the spring for my left hand done ! I have been told by many what a great job he has done for me and yes I will and have referred him to family and friends !
wyoming, mi |
Not only did he do amazing surgery on my fractured wrist, he alerted me to the fact that I have severe osteoporosis. He sent me to their bone health clinic where I am follow up with treatments for my overall health. Just an amazing, wonderful practice to have in the medical community.
in Thompsonville, MI |
My experience with Dr. Kuz was great. Him and all of his staff are extremely polite, understanding and explanatory.
in Grandville Mich. |
I have Dupuyten Contracture of the left hand. After two surgeries over the past 5 years, Dr. Kuz, Has straightened my hand and my ring finger. Unbelievable how this can be done. Dr. Kuz did a fantastic job . I would highly recommend him to anyone, experiencing this condition of you hand.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Over the last three years Dr Kuz performed carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists, released the ulnar nerve on my left elbow and in May 2016 repaired a torn distal tendon on my left bicep. Recovery on the prior surgeries was very good and progressing very well with the most recent surgery.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Kuz has a warm and caring demeanor. He speaks clearly and explains himself well. I was comfortable with his overview of the procedure and the actuality of my surgery was exactly what he told me it would be.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Kuz performed my tendon transfer surgery under a local. I did not want anesthesia. I also requested to watch, which he did show me how he was proceeding about 3-4 times. I really appreciated that. This also allowed him to tell me to move my thumb and finger when he had the transfer completed, which gave him a more accurate feel for my most motion when healed. No pain. He did an excellent job! Very patient, explained well. Beautiful stitch work--barely noticeable. Michel, OT, very good too.
in Muskegon, MI |
I have had two occasions to Dr. Kuz over the last 10 years to fix a trigger finger condition on both my right and left hands. Both experiences were GREAT and I would use him again if needed.
in Remus, MI |
Very professional and considerate in his work.
in Grand Rapids, MI |
Dr. Kuz fixed my broken scaphoid and gave me the best chance at a full recovery (which I am fully recovered now!).
in Traverse city |
The best all around service I've ever had - carimg, compassionate, efficient, happy , smiling, gentle, empathetic, knowledgeable but down to earth! This goes for Dr Kuz and , literally every single person I talked with in the office and the surgery center. Dr kuz was recommended to me and I would certainly recommend him to others. I drove 3 hours to see this Doctor- worth it! My wrist is almost 100% 2 months post surgery. I totally trust this doctor(and I have never said that before)
in grand Rapids, Michigan |
Doctor kuz takes the time to listen to you and your needs and really cares about you. He is one of the greatest doctors I have ever had and is very concerned about your needs
in White Cloud, MI |
Had to have repair of tendon on my left thumb. He did an awesome job.
in Muskegon, MI |
I came to Dr. Kuz with an extreme case of Dupuytren's. My right hand was so severely affected and unusable. The good Dr. told my wife and I that it was one of the worse cases he had ever seen. Now, because of this man's EXCELLENT work, I am able to OPEN MY HAND and am using it, following his directions of course, for ALL the things I was unable to do in the past. My left hand is also affected, Dr. will fix it too very soon! A HUGE thank you to Dr. Kuz and staff at Ortho. Assoc. of Michigan!
Have you seen Dr. Julian Kuz, MD?
Are you Dr. Kuz?