Dr. Julia Richards, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology ·  Female · Age 58

Dr. Richards

South Sound Women's Center

3920 Capital Mall Dr SW Ste 400 Olympia, WA 98502

Dr. Julia Richards, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology specialist in Olympia, WA and has been practicing for 25 years. She graduated from University Of Washington School Of Medicine in 1990 and specializes in obstetrics & gynecology.

Dr. Richards accepts

Dr. Richards accepts the following insurance:

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Washington

Check Dr. Richards' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Richards' Top Procedures and Conditions

Dr. Richards performs Removal of Reproductive Organs (Hysterectomy, Oophorectomy, Salpingectomy, Salpingo-Oophorectomy, Resection of Peritoneal Malignancy) more than 90% of her peers

Dr. Richards performs this procedure more than 90% of her peers

• Colpopexy
  • Colporrhaphy
  • Colposcopy
  • C-Section
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Gynecologic Cancer Screening
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sterilization
  • Uterine Diseases
  • Uterine Fibroids
  • Uterine Prolapse
  • Vaginal and Pelvic Prolapse
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Cancer
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
  • Vaginal Hysterectomy
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

Our mission is to provide expert care for all of our patients. We strive to establish an open dialogue that educates our patients and provides them with options so an informed decision can be made regarding their particular condition.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

1.8

Dr. Richards?
Dr. Richards' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Julia Richards, MD
She inserted the speculum roughly and without warning or consent, then digitally penetrated my anus roughly and without consent. I spent most of the appointment saying "no" and "please slow down" and "please stop." She did not listen to me at all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
Richards was my provider throught my first pregnancy & performed an ovarian cystectomy. Had a very serious post op infection, was in severe pain & not taken seriously, ending up in the ER. Wasn’t able to see her for a over a week, when I did she proceeded to push on incision, bursting it open right there in the ONGYN office. The most painful experience of my life & could have been avoided had she believed my pain level. Had to pack the open wound for weeks. Lack of bedside manner was shocking.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Richards for over 12 years. I really appreciate her total approach for for your OB care. She has extensive knowledge, her office is timely, her front staff is very welcoming and compassionate. She has a direct approach, which is important when you have to have a visit to an OB. I would highly recommend her and have to friends and family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
I waited almost an hour to be seen and then Dr. Richards came in for less than 5 or so minutes did a very quick vaginal exam, checked my cervix, pressed on my middle abdomen and said, "Nope you don't have endometriosis." That was the end of that. I am still with pain and she never addressed the abnormal findings on my tests and pain in my ovarian area. She never provided time to ask questions or even made me feel comfortable enough to interject. I am now 6 months later and still in pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
Had a tubal done, they lost my consent form between the 30 days of signing it and the two weeks post op appt. She has absolutely no bed side manner or seem to care about any of her patients. I would recommend finding another provide.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
Just recently had my first child with Dr. Richards as my provider. Never felt like she was rough during the exams, answered all questions or concerns I had, and was straight to the point for all procedures. If I have another child while in Washington I definitely plan on going with her again. My only issue was contacting her nurses for prescription refills and scheduling tests. That did take more time than I felt it should've.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
I can’t even call this monster a doctor, but Richards call herself a doctor at the South Sound Women’s center, please if you don’t want be violated of your patient rights and would like to be treated as a human, do never let her get close to you. Yesterday I was referred to her by the army, because I was having bleed after a hysterectomy, the staff place me straight into the examination room and told me she will do an examination; as she comes in she never ask me any questions about how I feel w
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
This was my first pelvic exam I've ever received. She was very rough and caused me to bleed for a few hours even after I left, and didn't seem to care when I told her how badly it hurt. Nonchalantly told me that "there were feminine products in the drawer" and then left. She's going to be the one doing my laparoscopy for endometriosis and I'm honestly terrified because of how she behaved during my exam
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
She's so short, brief and lacking care. I did not feel comfortable asking her anything so I just went with the flow.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
Worst experience of my life. very rude, wouldn't listen to my concerns and dismissed everything I had to say. She was very rough with my exam. Its been over a week and I haven't gotten any news on lab results or birth control pills she supposedly ordered. She literally left my room without any follow up or direction as to what will happen afterwards. Scheduling was a nightmare because the staff didn't send me my password for the online account where you have to fill out your previous information
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
She came in at the very end of delivery to catch the baby and was very unprofessional and abrasive. She cut the umbilical cord before it stopped pulsating when I asked her not to several times. Then to add to it when my husband took his shirt off to do skin to skin she looked at the nurse and said he's hot. Very unprofessional, very rude, stay far away from her. If she's on call request someone else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
After years of dealing with an abnormal growth, my family dr's clinic had misdiagnosed. Went in to dr Julie Richards and she caught it right away and helped me get answers and health care that was correct. I'd like to say she helped save my life. That growth was cancerous and needed removed. all of her staff was friendly, From start of 1st appointment to the finish of surgery, I'm happy to say, I'm looking forward to all my follow up!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?
Great w surgery and advise but not listening to the whole narrative, rushed for the door, had to stop her to ask questions. Will look for another Dr or office.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Julia Richards, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Richards?