Dr. Jules Toraya, MD

Gynecology •  Male • Age 68

Dr. Toraya
5354 Reynolds St Ste 421 Savannah, GA 31405

Dr. Jules Toraya, MD is a gynecology specialist in Savannah, GA and has been practicing for 38 years. He graduated from Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med in 1977 and specializes in gynecology.

Dr. Toraya's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Toraya

Dr. Toraya?
Dr. Toraya's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Jules Toraya, MD
His manner was brusque and harried, like he didn't have time to talk to me. After ignoring the reason I came in (hard spot in my abdomen) he tried dismissing me. I insisted he check the area out so he sent me for an ultrasound, then told me he thought it was just my stomach fat. Ultrasound showed a mass. He said it was on my right ovary (it was left) about the size of a cantaloupe (it was 14 lbs.). When I came back to start birth control, he told me I had HPV without running any test (I didn't) and put me on mass doses of vitamins, after lecturing me for being too old to have the vaccine (since the cutoff age was 26 at the time). He sent me a letter stating my pap smear was normal when it wasn't, then was angry my oncologist hadn't done a colposcopy. (How was he to know? The paperwork said the pap was normal.) His nurse yelled "we don't know!" when I asked what one of the test results meant. Awful experience. I would have died if I had listened to him. Tumor was borderline malignant.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jules Toraya, MD?
Dr Toraya was recommended by a co-worker, who is now my best friend, almost 11 years ago. My first visit , I was a fan ?! He's one of a kind! He's personable and caring. He's straight forward when talking to you about your health. He cares about you as a patient and as a person. He is the reason I quit smoking 11 years ago. I am confident that all ladies I recommend to Dr. Toraya, will be so pleased that they will recommend other ladies and so on, and so on.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jules Toraya, MD?
Hi I’m Angelique, I’ve been a patient of Dr Toraya for 31 years.I was very sad when I received a letter saying he had Retired..He has been my ob/gyn since I was 18.He’s always been there for me and he has never been rude or disrespectful to me .He always reassured me that everything would be alright before and and after surgery. You could always look to receive a personal phone call from him to check on you. .Hes simply the greatest. His nurse Rachel is great.If he comes back I’ll use him again.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jules Toraya, MD?
Dr.Toraya has been my doctor for 26 years and I wouldn't trade him for another!!! He and his staff are personable, accommodating and professional. I appreciate their diligent work in such an underappreciated, overworked industry. THANK YOU:)
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jules Toraya, MD?
In a world of just feeling like a number, Dr. Toraya and his staff, especially Rachel, treat me as an individual and I feel they truly care about my well being. I cannot say enough about their compassionate and comprehensive care. Dr. Toraya always takes the time to answer my questions and reassure me. A big thank you to Dr. Toraya, Rachel, Amy and all the sweet lab staff. You are the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jules Toraya, MD?
I went Dr. Toraya like 30 years ago. And he was the best. I moved away and am not able to go to him. But if I every move back to Savannah. He'll be the one to go to.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jules Toraya, MD?
I was recommended to him from my co worker. I really liked the fact that he's straight up and to the point with you. He was honest with me and was even a little stern in telling me I needed to do concerning my health. I could appreciate that! His nurse, Racheal was great as well. Together they will get you on track!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jules Toraya, MD?
Dr. Toraya is most knowledgeable about women's health. He is truly caring about his patients and their wellbeing. He is conservative in his operative management but does not hesitate to recommend surgery when needed. I appreciate that. Hope you use him for years to come!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jules Toraya, MD?
I have recommended Dr.Toraya to several friends and family members. I am very pleased with the quality care I receive at this office. The entire office staff is very caring and friendly. We are lucky to have a quality Dr. like this in Savannah.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jules Toraya, MD?
Jules Toraya has been my OB/GYN for 30 years; 3 births, before and aftercare. He has always been professional and caring. He was comforting in times of trial, and supportive in times of joy. Excellent.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Jules Toraya, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Toraya?

Dr. Toraya earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Fairfield University before graduating Cum Laude with his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine. Dr. Toraya completed his internship and residency at the Medical University ...

• Gynecology

1977
Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med
Fairfield University

Dr. Toraya accepts

Dr. Toraya accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Blue Open Access POS
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Medical Mutual of Ohio
Simplifi
Wells Fargo Insurance

No malpractice claims found for Georgia

Check Dr. Toraya's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Toraya's Top Procedures and Conditions

Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status

Dr. Toraya treats Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status more than 63% of his peers

Dr. Toraya treats this condition more than 63% of his peers

Uterine Fibroids

Dr. Toraya treats Uterine Fibroids more than 51% of his peers

Dr. Toraya treats this condition more than 51% of his peers

Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening

Dr. Toraya performs Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening more than 51% of his peers

Dr. Toraya performs this procedure more than 51% of his peers

• Endometriosis
  • Gonorrhea Screening
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Herpes Simplex Screening
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening