Dr. Jules Garbus, MD

Dr. Jules Garbus, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male

As a colon and rectal surgeon I believe in treating each patient as an individual. I also believe in preventative care of the patient.

Dr. Jules Garbus, MD is a colon & rectal surgery doctor who practices in Garden City, NY. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Garbus is affiliated with Mercy Medical Center, Plainview Hospital, North Shore University Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, Franklin Hospital, South Nassau Communities Hospital and NYU Winthrop Hospital.

Dr. Garbus' Experience

See how Dr. Garbus' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Garbus

Check out the quality of care at the 7 hospitals where Dr. Garbus has admitting privileges.

Dr. Garbus' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Garbus to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Garbus' Performance
in Bethpage, NY |
Dr Garbus is a life saver. After going to a Rectal surgeon who told me he had no clue what was wrong & I just had to learn to live this way I went to Dr Garbus for a 2nd opinion. What the other surgeon couldn't figure out Dr Garbus had me diagnosed (granted I had a lot of things wrong with me) in a 10 minute exam. He was dead on with everything (we had to get tests back ) all were right on. I've had the surgery to fix everything & I'm finally getting my life back thanks to Dr Garbus
New York, NY |
Dr Garbus did not give me proper care. Did not give wound care instructions resulting in complications. Did not have appointment for me when I needed to come in for follow up when wound became worse. After repeated calls to office finally called back after 2 days. Horrible experience. This dr was already sued for neglect, do your research!!!!
Plainview, NY |
Dr. Garbus is absolutely wonderful. Considering the sensitive nature regarding colorectal issues, you want a doctor who you can trust. Dr. Garbus listens to your concerns patiently, and always leaves you with a smile.
in Island Park, NY |
He was able to resolve a problem (abscess) via use of heavy antibioitcs several years ago, which I give any surgeon huge credit for. However, he didn't seem too interested in follow up. Nor did he take the time to call with results of recent MRI reports which were ordered after new symptoms surfaced. We waited for a week. He had a young lady make the call, despite the fact that my wife had called the office manager to express concern about the delay.
in Amityville, NY |
Dr Harbus is amazing ! I'm post op 3 weeks I had a hysterectomy in Jan of 2016 as fine passed I developed scar tissue in my bowel area . I was so sick for 8 months than I was advised by my urogyno to see him . He is amazing , he did surgery on me , he released the scar tissue I went home the same day . I feel like a new person , he took great precautions with my surgery I'm So thankful . I recommend him highly , as well as all the specialist associates .
in Merrick, NY |
What a wonderful physician! Instantly put me at ease, very gentle and thoroughly explained everything. Can't recommend him highly enough.
in Northport |
One of the most compassionate, caring, profession providers I have been treated by. Dr GARBUS is someone I highly recommend. I have been working in the medical field for over 30 years and never have I met or been cared by such a wonderful physician
Have you seen Dr. Jules Garbus, MD?
Are you Dr. Garbus?

Compare Dr. Garbus

Dr. Garbus' Care Philosophy

Dr. Garbus' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  •  Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery

Dr. Garbus has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Garbus' Board Certifications

Completed in 2001

Brandeis U

Graduated in 1990

• Italian

Dr. Garbus does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Garbus and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • General Surgery
  • Surgery

• Colectomy
  • Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy With Robotic Assistance
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection of the Rectum With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Proctosigmoidopexy With Robotic Assistance